TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The official WC moobies / fillums are fantastic fwiw

Check them

Iirc the 86 one with Michael Caine VoiceOver is UnFWB

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    6-0. I know it was the Hammers B-Team, but still, some nice goals. I wonder who City will put out for the away leg?

skel said:
    the 86 one with Michael Caine

[Michael Caine voice]"Did you see that? The Argie puts it away with his hand. The dirty little bastard."[/MCv]

Srs doe, even though MC has lent his mug to some terdly movies, I can't find it in my heart to badmouth man. All Harry Palmer product is excellent, as is, of course, "Get Carter". Although, I did think the casting slightly incongruous that the avenged Geordie has a cock-er-knee brother? Or am I missing something?

• i would pay top dollar for a 10 part ken burns docco on soccer.

i mean, ive sat through 45 hours of jazz, baseball and prohibition, right?

Sampdoria fans make Millwall fans look like angels

b/w

Overtime-rate for coppers in Italy must be incredible...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/wtf-picture-sampdoria-fans-received-ridiculous-police-protection-at-roma-amid-a-sea-of-empty-seats/

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

hats off to those brave fans who put themselves in the line of danger by sitting just outside the police blockade, within vespa-throwing range.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I suppose if anyone knows what it's like not being good enough to play for Yanited, it's Robbie Savage.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Can't help thinking it may be a very, very long time before the ones Junior and Chizzle are seen around these parts once more.

[removed][removed]

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i hate mourinho for this
    player of the year as voted by fans for 2 years straight means sell him
    special player that will be missed
    united get a huge uplift with this guy

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I cram to understand why Chelski would sell their best player to a league rival, in January, and they don't need to. shit is odd. I know Mou has a semi for ManU and probably still holds out hope of one day taking over there, but helping them out in such a way seems ridiculous. I mean, he wouldn't give us Ba cause "it would mean we could challenge for the title", yet he'll sell arguably the league's best midfielder to United. The man is an idiot.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

Okem said:
    arguably the league's best midfielder

>>>> Certainly arguable.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    attacking midfielder then. over the last two seasons.

Statistically a certain Welshman is the best midfielder this season.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    JoMo knows one nippy little Espagnole midfieldo is not going to bring the Poo into contention.

Lol at the Mourinho as idiot meme.
    About the cleverest dude out there, no?

And is that Quinn next to him in that gif?
    Or a darker haired Pellegrini?
    I cannot call it.

Okem said:
    I cram to understand why Chelski would sell their best player to a league rival

Maybe the thought is Chelsea doesn't play manU again this year. But a strengthen'd ManU will be a good thing while playing a few teams Chelsea needs some wins against. Like Liverpool, Arsenal, etc.

• DOR said:
    Okem said:

Maybe the thought is Chelsea doesn't play manU again this year. But a strengthen'd ManU will be a good thing while playing a few teams Chelsea needs some wins against. Like Liverpool, Arsenal, etc.

the enemy of my enemy is a friend? it doesn't really add up for me tho.
    seems like this is a real 'trust me' moment from a guy who believes to have more job security than he actually has.

vintageinfants said:
    DOR said:
    Okem said:

the enemy of my enemy is a friend? it doesn't really add up for me tho.
    seems like this is a real 'trust me' moment from a guy who believes to have more job security than he actually has.

I think it makes more sense if the plan was to offload Mata after the end of the season...

• to the casual observer it all dries out looking like two clubs who are used to bullying and buying their way forging some kind of backroom alliance to knock up those who had to play chess to get there. (arsenal, liverpool, man city, .....)

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Obviously, like most other Godly people, I have been enjoying United's demise - long may it continue. But for all Mou's machiavellian image I still think he's capable of simply being eye gouging, sacked from his last 2 jobs, blinded by his own ego, dumbfuck. Selling Mata to United because they don't play Chelsea again this season seems incredibly short sighted. He's giving the villain a chance to recover and then turning his back on them, when he should be ruthlessly finishing them off.

Seeing Chelsea fans trying to justify this as part of his brilliance is lol worthy. The guy has come to their club as second choice, he wanted United, Chelsea wanted Pep. He's forced Mata, the player fans and players voted player of the season 2 years running, out of the club and he's helping save a hated rival who are in a hilarious downward spiral. Obviously he's a genius.
    Chelsea have spent 100s of millions buying a team to play exciting tiki-taka football, but now they've gone back to boring old Mou-ball, the reason he was sacked in the first place. What a fucking joke of a club.

Don't get me wrong. As a Liverpool fan I don't like this. But look at Mata's stats this season... Ever since that thigh injury from last year he hasn't been playing near his level. He's only played a full 2 games all season and something like 9 games missed.

We shall see what becomes of all this down the line.

37 is way too much IMHO. Good business for Chelsea. For whatever reason, Mata has not played as much as you'd expect for someone of this alleged value.

My theory is the current Un*ted squad have more Privs that Moyes, because they put the time in under Fergie and are reigning champs. So they have no fear of Moyes at all and are just coasting this season. Ergo these results.

It's not Moyes' fault they feel above him. He should have gone in and done a ground-zero yard sale, and built a squad in his own ghoulish image in order to move on. But the shareholders wouldn't have allowed this I suspect.

And now signing Salah... Damn, I was kinda hoping we'd sign him.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    United is like some kind of hypmachine, constantly getting high off their own supply. Moyes comes along and he's like a reality check. Nobody likes reality so the first stage is rejection, the 'he's not good enough to be the boss' thought. Then eventually after several poor performances the self doubt begins to kick in. But Moyes is there to reassure and rebuild confidence. For the player though the initial reaction still has the strongest hold of his psyche, so to take Moyes's word now would be an admit that he is good enough and you were wrong (impossible, what's he actually achieved?), or possibly that you were not actually that fantastic in the first place (also impossible, look at everything I've achieved). So the answer must be.. SAF. They're like the comedian who's forced to give up drink and no longer believes they can be funny. Only when United take to the field these days it is often quiet hilarious.

• The funny thing is that Chelsea don't look weaker without him..they still have an embarrassment of riches in midfield.

He is a great signing for United..no doubt about that. The biggest problem from them is that they need to buy at least three decent defenders right now.

I would be stoked if Tottenham had bought him. Better signing than Ozil.

• The Captain Of Her Heart.

• cardiff city :(

peace, stein. . . :(

DOR said:
    And now signing Salah... Damn, I was kinda hoping we'd sign him.

If they've signed him because they want to prevent us from signing him, I'll take the L on that for now. If Mourinho thinks this will hinder Brodgers' attempts at improving our squad, there has to be a good reason for that.

We should have made Basel a firm offer to begin with, though, so really it's our fault he slipped through our fingers. We can't expect a club to turn down a better offer, even if the player does want to come to Anfield.

In any event, he'll probably rot on the benches for most of the time he's there, when he's not out on loan to Fulham or West Ham. But if he's lucky, he'll make out like Paulo Ferreira and rack up something like a dozen major honours over ten seasons and 200 appearances...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Next round of the FA Cup should be interesting

Manchester City v Chelsea
    Sheffield United or Fulham v Nottingham Forest or Preston North End
    Arsenal v Liverpool
    Brighton & Hove Albion v Hull City
    Cardiff City v Wigan Athletic
    Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton Athletic
    Sunderland v Southampton
    Everton v Swansea City

• DEFEND YOUR HONOR BRITS