I dig this album.

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
This is my shit.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Wasn't the OG black and white? Or was that a reissue bootleg?

Good LP.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Wasn't the OG black and white? Or was that a reissue bootleg?

Good LP.

I copped it in color on wax and cd back in the day.
    I went w/ my homie to the studio to visit Q-TIP. He was mixing down IF THE PAPES COME. He told us that Divine Styler was supposed to be the third mc on that track,but It never materialized.
    I always felt Divine Styler first LP could sit next to alot of the Natives output.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Everyone knows "Sayin' Nothin'" but nobody ever talks about this:

Yeah...............but wouldn't call his 2nd joint a hip hop lp.
    I have the cd did it ever come out on wax?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I got amped when I found that album for $1. Dude sucked, I don't understand the "unsung hero" fuss about him. Beats and rhymes were garbage.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Yeah...............but wouldn't call his 2nd joint a hip hop lp.
    I have the cd did it ever come out on wax?

True - That single for the album version was on some other shit though.
    I never got into that whole record.

I got amped when I found that album for $1. Dude sucked, I don't understand the "unsung hero" fuss about him. Beats and rhymes were garbage.

First or second?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The album that is pictured in the beginning of this post. It was just a major moment.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    His stuff with S.O.B. was aiight, but I could just never get into his solo stuff.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    "aint sayin nothin" is

I'm pretty cool with Bilal Bashir the guy that produced that track...been bugging him to get back in the game. I think he's almost there.

I don't remember much of the rest of the first album though, I need to check for it again.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

This is my shit.

Damn, I had completly forgotten about this record. Rhyme Syndicate going N.O.I. in a daisy age stylee. How weird was that? Album got hyped in Europe a lot but was a flop if I remember right. Sounds pretty awful to me today.

And for some reason reminds me of:

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    "aint sayin nothin" is

I'm pretty cool with Bilal Bashir the guy that produced that track...been bugging him to get back in the game. I think he's almost there.

Isn't his brother Takbir from S.O.B. and didn't he also produce "Jump Around"?
    Peep the similarities

=

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

I haven't even thought bout Divine Styler for a few years. I remember there being a couple decent tracks on this album, I wonder if I'd still like it now though. Oh and that spiral walls album was terrible btw.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    "aint sayin nothin" is

Isn't his brother Takbir from S.O.B. and didn't he also produce "Jump Around"?
    Peep the similarities

=

yeah Tak is his brother, but I had no idea Bilal produced Jump Around...I'll have to ask him about that. I thought I had the single, guess not.

• yeah Tak is his brother, but I had no idea Bilal produced Jump Around...I'll have to ask him about that. I thought I had the single, guess not.

Ask him about his work with Dre on 1987's "Killer Dayton's" by Poetry "N" Motion on Saturn Records.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Divine Styler = Avant garde hip hop.
    He's too damn strange!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Divine Styler = Avant garde hip hop.
    He's too damn strange!

No, no I don't know what you mean.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I'm pretty cool with Bilal Bashir the guy that produced that track.

Damn, it's so easy that it's almost ain't even fun no more.

But seriously, Everlast lived with the Bashir family BITD. You know how I know? Sheeeit, let's just say that this South Tucson vato has a little collection of nombres, tambien. I ain't got butterfingers, though. ??Me entiendes, Mendez?