Why White Hipsters Are Wankers

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

dude. shut the fuck up. you are on your high horse again. being offended by the offended.

you act like EVERYBODY that posted in here who is in "outrage" think it's ok to call people "fag" and whatnot. you need to calm the fuck down.

Are we living in hyperreal? Your offended my my outrage at others bullshit reactions to this article?

I'm really think that some people here need to check themselves on thier so called racial consideration for others. Thers been some serious bullshit on here and the majority of folks that saw it chose to ignore it as if it were ok.

SOME people will simply be selective on what threads they post in, and will also have various levels of "outrage" on different issues. SOME people will be ignorant. SOME people may not possess the same perfect ethics as you do.

these perfect ethics you speak of are at least consistant. I've stated I got an issue with the free use of the word fags and I've stated that I can recognize bad humor as nothing more but bad humor. others have decided to take the opposite point with me and shown outrage that someone would question throwing a gay slur around. Peoples also took things like Vitamins bad joke song as hatespeech when it really was nothing more than an off the cuff bad piece of humor.

you need to chill. It really seems that you continually try to start shit. And correct me if I'm wrong, you've even openly admitted to starting shit to 'make your day entertaining'?!?!??!?! The fuck outta hear with that.

Wait wait wait, I'm not the one who posted up this article. I wasn't even one of the first 10 angry responses. Don't put any of this shit on me.

And yes I ahve started dialogue in here to liven things up but no more than people like Jonny Paycheck, O-dub and many others

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    set up in opposition to existing hip-hop nights so that the patrons can get down without it being "too hardcore", which I have a hard time not reading as "too black."
    Well, depending on what kind of spots the girl who was quoted was hitting b4 this party she may well have been at some aggressive places. You gotta understand that many women are very afraid of agressive men regardless of race.

Perhaps, but it sounds as if the white guys at the Pumpsta's parties are equally aggressive; it's just that the woman being quoted finds sexual aggression less threatening when it's coming from white guys.

Funny story about a white girl and an aggressive black man, no point, just a story:

My white female friend started seeing this black guy, and they started off kinda slow and it was cool, but then he let this slip out:
    "Girl, I wanna f*ck the sh*t outta you."
    Her: "What!?" (she was a little taken aback)
    Him" "Uh, nothing.."

I asked a black male friend what he thought about the situation and he offered this explaination. It's just a cultural difference/misunderstanding.

"Have you ever watched lion cubs play? They play rough. See, he was like a cub taking a playful swipe at what he mistook for another cub, but the truth was that she was more like a little bunny, so it hurt more than it should have. A black woman may have responded to his original comment with, for example, "Yeah? Well I don't know if you can handle this hot p*ssy!" or something like that. Cultural differences, that's all."

I don't think this is really a story about cultural difference; I've known plenty of white women that would have responded with a similar remark and plenty of black women that would have been just as, if not more, offended than your friend.

• we aren't talking about a bunch of dudes making fun of techno by throwing a party and handing out glowsticks. this is white people dancing to black music

yeah black people would never have anything to do with techno or house music.

i used that analogy precisely because (i believe) that people do not associate house/techno music as being white or black music. on the other hand, hip-hop and black culture go hand in hand.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    There's a lot a "I'm not a hipster" hipsters on SoulStrut.

"You talkin' to me?"

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i didn't like the writing style too much in thatt article. it's almost as corny as the subject and hipster is a really generic term used to describe like a million different type of people from ages 18-35

but you guys should check out some of the photos. i couldn't link them, but i had to upload this one just because the caption and photo together are surreal

P U M p s TA

• wow i just read through this whole fucking thing...

some thoughts...

to all the skinny little white dudes on here mad about what that girl said about not being confortable or able to get freaky at other hip hop clubs, i would like to see you get dropped in a club full of hard black dudes and see how long before you wet your pampers, some of the white dudes on here would probably feel totally confortable in that environment but i think the majority of you would not

i agree with big stacks i don't get the need of so many white kids to feel black, this problem runs real deep around here, and like soulhawk said it will never get addressed
    "my dad didn't get me the right car when i was 16 so i feel the plight of african americans and i am officially down... right?"

"i went to highschool with a black kid, we talked about dr dre once, i can dj now"

i think the night looks weak as hell and probably racist, but thats it, theres dumb shit in every city, for example...

kinda off subject right now i live in a backwoods hick town (cause of work) and yesterday i was behind a car that had a confederate sticker with "it's a white thing" underneath it...the kid had his baseball cap sideways and was listening to hip hop...

i hate my generation

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

This has gotta be a hoax - that headband is

---

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    on a lighter note,

Egon has really stepped up his accesorizing game

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    SOME people will simply be selective on what threads they post in...
    I like those people.

I used to DJ at a bar right next door to this party and I don't have an opinion one way or the other. It's just a bullshit party, much like most parties in the area. And "club" is a very loose term in NYC.

But, in general, hip hop is a rotting corpse being fucked by suburban white dudes. Just some do it a la

and some do it a la

and one person does it a la

Soulstrut is their interlocutor.

---

they spelled it Pumpster instead of Pumpsta. i wonder if they will mention it in the next washington post corrections section

---

they spelled it Pumpster instead of Pumpsta. i wonder if they will mention it in the next washington post corrections section

the dude is virtually glowing with a 'please beat me' aura...

like zoolander or something.

---

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    a bunch of roughnecks dressing up like zack morris and having faux-civilized conversations at a wine and cheese party? that just doesn't seem fun.

Whats that Big Bear sound like Jeff? Looks fany.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

to all the skinny little white dudes on here mad about what that girl said about not being confortable or able to get freaky at other hip hop clubs, i would like to see you get dropped in a club full of hard black dudes and see how long before you wet your pampers, some of the white dudes on here would probably feel totally confortable in that environment but i think the majority of you would not

On the contrary--I think it is the secret fantasy of most skinny white dudes on here to be aggressively hit upon and swept off to the boudoir by "hard black dudes".

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

On the contrary--I think it is the secret fantasy of most skinny white dudes on here to be aggressively hit upon and swept off to the boudoir by "hard black dudes".

LOL

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    a bunch of roughnecks dressing up like zack morris and having faux-civilized conversations at a wine and cheese party? that just doesn't seem fun.

Whats that Big Bear sound like Jeff?

• boudoir

i see what yer saying. i am almost as appalled that the Washington Post would write "bust a move." corny. that is like when Time and all these other political rags co-opted "diss" for casual punditry

On the contrary--I think it is the secret fantasy of to be aggressively hit upon and swept off to the boudoir by "hard black dudes".

i see what yer saying. i am almost as appalled that the Washington Post would write "bust a move." corny. that is like when Time and all these other political rags co-opted "diss" for casual punditry

'dis' or 'diss' was probably added to the OED, so it's use is now style-book acceptable.

---

• to all the skinny little white dudes on here mad about what that girl said about not being confortable or able to get freaky at other hip hop clubs, i would like to see you get dropped in a club full of hard black dudes and see how long before you wet your pampers, some of the white dudes on here would probably feel totally confortable in that environment but i think the majority of you would not

On the contrary--I think it is the secret fantasy of to be aggressively hit upon and swept off to the boudoir by "hard black dudes".

so that is why is such a fan of the show oz

graemlin is so handy! Remember when we used to have to type everytime we wanted to say ?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

dude. shut the fuck up. you are on your high horse again. being offended by the offended.

you act like EVERYBODY that posted in here who is in "outrage" think it's ok to call people "fag" and whatnot. you need to calm the fuck down.

Are we living in hyperreal? Your offended my my outrage at others bullshit reactions to this article?
    I'm not offended by you. I'm just getting annoyed by your crusades and attempts to 'liven things up'.

I'm really think that some people here need to check themselves on thier so called racial consideration for others. Thers been some serious bullshit on here and the majority of folks that saw it chose to ignore it as if it were ok.

SOME people will simply be selective on what threads they post in, and will also have various levels of "outrage" on different issues. SOME people will be ignorant. SOME people may not possess the same perfect ethics as you do.

these perfect ethics you speak of are at least consistant. I've stated I got an issue with the free use of the word fags and I've stated that I can recognize bad humor as nothing more but bad humor. others have decided to take the opposite point with me and shown outrage that someone would question throwing a gay slur around. Peoples also took things like Vitamins bad joke song as hatespeech when it really was nothing more than an off the cuff bad piece of humor.

you need to chill. It really seems that you continually try to start shit. And correct me if I'm wrong, you've even openly admitted to starting shit to 'make your day entertaining'?!?!??!?! The fuck outta hear with that.

Wait wait wait, I'm not the one who posted up this article. I wasn't even one of the first 10 angry responses. Don't put any of this shit on me.

I'm putting your response on you. How the hell do you figure that I'm putting the initial post (or 10 responses) on you? Are you consciously trying to twist the topic at hand, or are you just thick-headed? I only speak of your reaction that tends to be inclusive of a lot of people that post on here. You seriously need to stop with this shit. Go fight a better cause. Do you not see it as completely rediculous to be offended by people that are offended?

And yes I ahve started dialogue in here to liven things up but no more than people like Jonny Paycheck, O-dub and many others

Anyhow. I don't read everything anymore. But from what I gather, some people just have different vantage points of certain ethical views. These don't always equate to opposing ones.

Sorry for derailing this. Maybe I'm responding in bad taste. Just being me.

graemlin is so handy! Remember when we used to have to type everytime we wanted to say ?

I'd like to see a 'flash the steel' graemlin.

---

• to all the skinny little white dudes on here mad about what that girl said about not being confortable or able to get freaky at other hip hop clubs, i would like to see you get dropped in a club full of hard black dudes and see how long before you wet your pampers, some of the white dudes on here would probably feel totally confortable in that environment but i think the majority of you would not

once reads this your totally gonna get no butt son

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Can I again state how disturbing that this guys name is PUMPSTA? PUMPSTA?

And I looked at the pix on that site and what the fuck is up with hipsters not being able to takecare of themselves... Its call grooming ya'll.

Hipster = Trustafarian that graduated college?

Shiiit, if I were a White guy, I'd be the whitest White guy that ever lived. Why try to simulate the Black experience, when you have privilege on your side? That's some dumb, arrogant, surburbia bullshit. If they were REALLY treated like Black folks (or more generally, minorities), they would scurry their little, spoiled asses back to their suburbian enclave. It's tough being minority. You're never good enough, seen as threatening, invisible, unimportant, are disrespected and mentally or physically abused (e.g., Jasper, TX), endure higher mortality rates, and suffer lower housing, occupational, and social mobility, etc. Embrace your whiteness and all of its (taken for granted) benefits.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Truth

Whatever.

I???m so disillusioned that an academic who came up through hard times and lived all over would continue to spout this bullshit. White Americans owe Natives and African slaves and their direct descendents bigtime. I???m not sure what? Because we???ve never had an honest debate about this. Whatever comes from those sides, I???m all for. That???s it though. Not every fucking retard coming over waving their ???people of color??? or ???minority??? flag.

I???m not sure where this anti white mentality is supposed to get you? People of color rise up and overthrow the white man! Sounds good to me. But don???t pretend like it???s gonna be some new social utopia. People been stringing each other up since Lucy (or Eve???you get the point).

• While sliding down a slippery slope[/b], a fool will try and hold on to anything within his reach. lol.

OH MY GOD!!!

you will be getting some angry pm's from me sir! now excuse me, i gotta go smoke out my horse.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Fuck all you guys.

Except Sketch. Sketch is cool.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

i watched this about an hour ago and i've felt like shit ever since.

• Fuck all you guys.

someone's got sand in their bikini bottoms

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Just the fact that TWP let articles get by without being checked...

"Tha Pumpsta, who happens be white"

Happens be white??? Huh?

I just read the article again and I missed this the first time

"His street fliers come emblazoned with the words "Kill Whitie" across a woman's backside. Another flier offers free admission to anyone with a bucket of fried chicken.[/b]

That shit is straight up fucked. There is no irony. It's straight up and