Why White Hipsters Are Wankers

Comments

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    She's basically saying that Black people scare her.
    Anna I think you are close here but not right on it. I'm probably giving her too much credit while I think you are giving her a little too little. Maybe she is saying not that "black people" scare her but that "lots of black men in one place" scare her. And who do we have to blame for that? The media I think.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    [color:purple] A regular Kill Whitie partygoer, she tried the conventional (that is, non-hipster) hip-hop clubs but found the men "really hard-core." In this vastly whiter scene, Casady said that "it's a safe environment to be freaky."
    [/color]

She's basically saying that Black people scare her. I may be a priviledged whitey myself, but I still think I have the right to say that this is a fucked up thing to say and this party encapsulates what I hate about hipsters.

exactly.

And for real PUMPSTA???? What the fuck kind of name is that? How has that only gotten a minimal amount of attention in this thread?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    here's what's most depressing:
    the folls at kill whitie parties are having fun by imitating black booty shaking hip hop video culture.
    what would the reverse of this be? a bunch of roughnecks dressing up like zack morris and having faux-civilized conversations at a wine and cheese party? that just doesn't seem fun.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    [color:purple] A regular Kill Whitie partygoer, she tried the conventional (that is, non-hipster) hip-hop clubs but found the men "really hard-core." In this vastly whiter scene, Casady said that "it's a safe environment to be freaky."[/color]

Purple text. Excellent choice.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    what would the reverse of this be? a bunch of roughnecks dressing up like zack morris and having faux-civilized conversations at a wine and cheese party? that just doesn't seem fun.

p-diddy & his manservant look like they are having tremendous fun...

---

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    a bunch of roughnecks dressing up like zack morris and having faux-civilized conversations at a wine and cheese party? that just doesn't seem fun.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    all I got to say to this is that this site is full of white liberal guilt and some hypocrites.

Have fun showing your shock and disapproval at this.

Really though, some of y'all need to check your "I'm offended cards" at the door

I'm sure there is going to be some "fuck it this is guzzo just being reactionary" type response to this, but I am incredibly serious.

Right now I've never been more ashamed to call some of you people my friends or equals, and your reactions truly sicken me. I'm more dissapointed in your selective times to be offended than I am at the story Oliver posted and I am not joking in any way.

-Adam

Man, shut the fuck up dude.

Talk your bullshit if you want., I really don't give a fuck as far as I'm concerned all y'alls slip is showing really badly here.

soulstrut rules of race offensiveness:

1. ok to be duragotory to gay people, the word "fag" is no only accepted, but defended when questioned as to why its used so openly

2. Don't say anything bad about black people, it doesn't matter what the case is if the words "race" & "Black" is found together it clearly means some white guy must have done something bad.

2b. The rules of what you can't say about black people however don't apply to other race
    ex. do not put a picture of a man in blackface up and make a gerneal comment about how funny it is, however you can about other races (see this weeks posts for more examples)

3. The idea of irony is lost on soulstrutters when speaking on racial issues. White people must censor themselves or face the wrath of those that get offended at bad senses of humor rather than just acknowledging it as just that.

4. If you are white and don't overcompensate for other white peoples racist actions of both the present and past you ar looked at as an asshole.

5. (and my least favorite) white people will never understand the type of prejudice associated with racism. Anti-semitism & homophobia are nowhere near the same league and YOU MUST NEVER QUESTION IT[/b].

keep riding y'alls fucking high horse, at least I'm consistant with my stances and don't shift my ideals to fit some guilt-ridden viewpoint du jour.

dude. shut the fuck up. you are on your high horse again. being offended by the offended.

you act like EVERYBODY that posted in here who is in "outrage" think it's ok to call people "fag" and whatnot. you need to calm the fuck down.

SOME people will simply be selective on what threads they post in, and will also have various levels of "outrage" on different issues. SOME people will be ignorant. SOME people may not possess the same perfect ethics as you do.

you need to chill. It really seems that you continually try to start shit. And correct me if I'm wrong, you've even openly admitted to starting shit to 'make your day entertaining'?!?!??!?! The fuck outta hear with that.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    set up in opposition to existing hip-hop nights so that the patrons can get down without it being "too hardcore", which I have a hard time not reading as "too black."
    Well, depending on what kind of spots the girl who was quoted was hitting b4 this party she may well have been at some aggressive places. You gotta understand that many women are very afraid of agressive men regardless of race.

Perhaps, but it sounds as if the white guys at the Pumpsta's parties are equally aggressive; it's just that the woman being quoted finds sexual aggression less threatening when it's coming from white guys.

Can I again state how disturbing that this guys name is PUMPSTA? PUMPSTA?

And I looked at the pix on that site and what the fuck is up with hipsters not being able to takecare of themselves... Its call grooming ya'll.

Hipster = Trustafarian that graduated college?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

please do. I will never tire of laughing at that name.

Would probably be more like a hair metal, new rock, aerosmith video. Wear scarves tight acid washed jeans and wigs. Get drunk, trash shit and oogle girtls in spandex w/ frizy hair or blonds dressed up as catholic school girls. Maybe have it in a rail yard or something. Also you could throw a country one w/ ten gallon hats whiskey budweiser and wholesome girls in high wasted jeans. Both would proabbaly be pretty fun!

Perhaps, but it sounds as if the white guys at the Pumpsta's parties are equally aggressive; it's just that the woman being quoted finds sexual aggression less threatening when it's coming from white guys.
    you are probably right, I just try to be as non judgemental as I can and probably end up giving people to much credit. Also, these white guys being sexually agressive towards her at "kill Whitey" are proably friends or aquaintances not total strangers. It seems like a pretty close nit little thing.

set up in opposition to existing hip-hop nights so that the patrons can get down without it being "too hardcore", which I have a hard time not reading as "too black."
    Well, depending on what kind of spots the girl who was quoted was hitting b4 this party she may well have been at some aggressive places. You gotta understand that many women are very afraid of agressive men regardless of race.

i don't think race is an issue here. overzealous aggression is. the girl who said a lot of people at hip hop clubs were too hardcore prolly meant she didn't like getting humped like...

... no matter who was doing it.

that said, i'm sure girls are less scared by types like pumpsta and the dude from american apparel because they come off perverted, but in a friendly less aggressive way.

just saying, i don't think the race issue is as big of a matter for the chicks who shake their ass at kill whiti parties, as is it being a safe environment where its understood they're all doing this in an ironic way.

ps - doesn't take away from the fact that its a lame idea.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

And I looked at the pix on that site and what the fuck is up with hipsters not being able to takecare of themselves... Its call grooming ya'll.

Shiiit, if I were a White guy, I'd be the whitest White guy that ever lived. Why try to simulate the Black experience, when you have privilege on your side? That's some dumb, arrogant, surburbia bullshit. If they were REALLY treated like Black folks (or more generally, minorities), they would scurry their little, spoiled asses back to their suburbian enclave. It's tough being minority. You're never good enough, seen as threatening, invisible, unimportant, are disrespected and mentally or physically abused (e.g., Jasper, TX), endure higher mortality rates, and suffer lower housing, occupational, and social mobility, etc. Embrace your whiteness and all of its (taken for granted) benefits.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Shiiit, if I were a White guy, I'd be the whitest White guy that ever lived. Why try to simulate the Black experience, when you have privilege on your side? That's some dumb, arrogant, surburbia bullshit. If they were REALLY treated like Black folks (or more generally, minorities), they would scurry their little, spoiled asses back to their suburbian enclave. It's tough being minority. You're never good enough, seen as threatening, invisible, unimportant, are disrespected and mentally or physically abused (e.g., Jasper, TX), endure higher mortality rates, and suffer lower housing, occupational, and social mobility, etc. Embrace your whiteness and all of its (taken for granted) benefits.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Truth

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    dude. shut the fuck up. you are on your high horse again. being offended by the offended.

SOME people will simply be selective on what threads they post in...

See also:

picture your head
    in a way that excuses
    the things you say with it

Would probably be more like a hair metal, new rock, aerosmith video. Wear scarves tight acid washed jeans and wigs. Get drunk, trash shit and oogle girtls in spandex w/ frizy hair or blonds dressed up as catholic school girls. Maybe have it in a rail yard or something. Also you could throw a country one w/ ten gallon hats whiskey budweiser and wholesome girls in high wasted jeans. Both would proabbaly be pretty fun!

i stand corrected. maybe white culture/black people imitating white culture could be good times, cuz that sounds like hell of a party.

shit, that just made me reevaluate things... if a news article came out about a party like you describe above, how would you react? would you be offended? it seems like light-hearted fun to me. what the fuck am i thinking?

still, though, i really think the whole "kill whitey" thing is unnecessary.

Dj 1: Yo I really need to come up with a name for myself

DJ 2: yeh for real

DJ 1: Oh snap I just thought of the illest name!

DJ 2: Word? What is it?

DJ 1: PUMPSTA

DJ 2: Hell yeh That sounds kinda dope, like wanksta. Lets go get smoothies I got my mom's credit card.

• just saying, i don't think the race issue is as big of a matter for the chicks who shake their ass at kill whiti parties, as is it being a safe environment where its understood they're all doing this in an ironic way.

the whole problem, from my perspective, is that they are doing it in an "ironic way." it is one thing to be "nostalgic" in a funny way when you hear the humpty dance, but what the fuck is being ironic other than mocking the culture that spawned the music?

we aren't talking about a bunch of dudes making fun of techno by throwing a party and handing out glowsticks. this is white people dancing to black music and being "ironic". maybe i'm being too politically correct, but this reminds me of the hundreds of times when i've been djing and some white dude (or girl) will come up and sarcastically say something like "yo,yo,yo, put on some biggie."

• dayday 9,611 Posts

All I can say is that a grip of Bedstuy roughnecks should roll through this party for a few weeks in a row and that'd pretty much kill the vibe for real quick and some militant BK folk are going to roll up in there and ice grill everyone.

I can arrange this ,and video tape that shit an sell it back to ya'll post beatdown

PPV

SPALTCHEZ

http://www.king5.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.king5.com/ki_082405poineerfight.wmv

just saying, i don't think the race issue is as big of a matter for the chicks who shake their ass at kill whiti parties, as is it being a safe environment where its understood they're all doing this in an ironic way.

the whole problem, from my perspective, is that they are doing it in an "ironic way." it is one thing to be "nostalgic" in a funny way when you hear the humpty dance, but what the fuck is being ironic other than mocking the culture that spawned the music?

we aren't talking about a bunch of dudes making fun of techno by throwing a party and handing out glowsticks. this is white people dancing to black music and being "ironic". maybe i'm being too politically correct, but this reminds me of the hundreds of times when i've been djing and some white dude (or girl) will come up and sarcastically say something like "yo,yo,yo, put on some biggie."

its kind of like...

but with a hipster twist. And they aremocking not actually ignorantly thinking/trying to be down...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This cant be dissected this much.

PUMPSTA

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This cant be dissected this much.

Seriously.

It's just some asshole who will indeed catch pain one of these days and regret ever being so fucking ignorant.

the end.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I wouldn't read too much into the 'irony' aspect, hipsters brush their teeth with irony every morning.

---

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    While sliding down a slippery slope, a fool will try and hold on to anything within his reach. lol.

• set up in opposition to existing hip-hop nights so that the patrons can get down without it being "too hardcore", which I have a hard time not reading as "too black."

Funny story about a white girl and an aggressive black man, no point, just a story:

My white female friend started seeing this black guy, and they started off kinda slow and it was cool, but then he let this slip out:
    "Girl, I wanna f*ck the sh*t outta you."
    Her: "What!?" (she was a little taken aback)
    Him" "Uh, nothing.."

I asked a black male friend what he thought about the situation and he offered this explaination. It's just a cultural difference/misunderstanding.

"Have you ever watched lion cubs play? They play rough. See, he was like a cub taking a playful swipe at what he mistook for another cub, but the truth was that she was more like a little bunny, so it hurt more than it should have. A black woman may have responded to his original comment with, for example, "Yeah? Well I don't know if you can handle this hot p*ssy!" or something like that. Cultural differences, that's all."

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    we aren't talking about a bunch of dudes making fun of techno by throwing a party and handing out glowsticks. this is white people dancing to black music

yeah black people would never have anything to do with techno or house music.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    dude is a good friend of mine

• just saying, i don't think the race issue is as big of a matter for the chicks who shake their ass at kill whiti parties, as is it being a safe environment where its understood they're all doing this in an ironic way.

its kind of like...

but with a hipster twist. And they aremocking not actually ignorantly thinking/trying to be down...

yea, that is what i meant when i wrote "sarcastically", i'm not referring to the B-Rad types...thats more of an identity crisis issue, here its sort of a "laughing at another culture and justifying it" issue.