Y'all Rock Camo?

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    parallax said:
    batmon said:

No.

Watch is ugly, too.

• I just bought these:

And I also have a few pairs of camo shorts.

Um. And a 5 panel hat that is puzzle-piece shaped camo.

I think I'm going through a 1/3 life crisis or some shit. lol

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    10-15 years back, Camo was everywhere here. It was like being on the set of M*A*S*H. Personally, not much remains from that era, but I still own some now-battered camo baggy shorts for Summer Holidays that are great for carrying all manner of things in their multiple pocketways. Practicality has it's merits, but alas, this item has become a de-facto staple for many other sartorial low-aimers and I must now distance myself in accordance.

What is a man if he cannot laugh at himself and draw a heavy line under that sartorial chapter? Who hasn't thrown the Michael Caine "Zulu" uniform into the charity shop window, huh?

:tumbleweed:

Or, like, when it's that time in to differentiate yourself from your own larger offspring, because your moisturising technique has blessed you with the skin of a foetus? I'm trying to try a bit harder. Now I am like, Marina-side more often en vacances. Polos, tailored non-camo shorts and deck shoes for example. I mean, I've been in photos with Sunseekers. I just haven't seen one in a colour I like.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Never.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Given the fact that almost all of this is being worn in cities, I'm surprised it's all forest camo and not more urban camo. But then, I guess the idea is not to blend in?

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Who the fuck wants to look like a tank? Huh?

Guaranteed some dude up in here rocks 'flage Crocs.

Probably Jimster

::

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    jdeez said:

NAGL. Conjures up images of people like this...

Your obituary a dead cert to read:

"...Before turning the weapon on himself."

• For a Batmon post, the source material has a surprisingly high percentage of brown shoes. I'm perplexed, disappointed, delighted, enthused, enraged, and relieved.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    batmon said:

I'm all for expression and whatevs, but this is so bad, I can't even...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    True story: In 1999, I was in Milwaukee at the Rave seeing Deep Dish and I saw some kids in orange camo - only in Wisconsin, right? Before you ask: This wasn't like hunting camo - it was more sharp cheddar than fluorescent.

I really don't have a problem with most of the photos Batmon posted - the looks being carried fairly well enough, IMO, including that tailored blazer. Especially the lady with the yellow pumps.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    For blending in with highway traffic cones.

The deer can't see because of the camo, but other hunters will see the orange vest.

• I have nothing against camo but on the list of shit I would buy its probably dead least after argyle sweaters

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    I have nothing against camo but on the list of shit I would buy its probably dead least after argyle sweaters

I thought a pink/gray argyle sweater was a SS fashion staple!

bonus beat : male pattern baldness.

• I sacrificed my wardrobe for 6 god damn years wearing camo so you pansies back home wouldn't have to wear it.

Now I come home to this?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    I wore an ECHO CADPAT camo hat once, other than that though....under NO circumstances will I EVER wear camo, the wife and I will collectively give you the gasface if we see people wearing it as well...

NAGL imho

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:

I seriously hope that is not John Wall at the far left there...

Dudes with camo = No good. Girls with camo = good look.

And co-sign on the "unless you hunting". Geared up in all camo hunting gear, now THAT is a manly uniform. Not some Jeans-vest wearing, tight camo pants-sagging BS. Fashion grosses me out.

• I have one of these in a drawer somewhere. One of those WTF gifts. I think the giver got a handful of them after buying a Big Boy Toy mower.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Fashion grosses me out.

this all day.

i think it's tacky if you're wearing camo and you're not: a) a hunter, b) a vet, c) an activist of some kind, or d) have some sort of war goin on outside.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    ketan said:

i think it's tacky if you're wearing camo and you're not: a) a hunter, b) a vet, c) an activist of some kind, or d) have some sort of war goin on outside.

Pink is for girls, Blue is for boys.

Never wear white after Labor Day.

Never hit a man w/ glasses.

Eat all your food, there are starving kids in ___________.

A sailor wearing an earring cannot drown.

To find a penny heads up, brings good luck.

Animals can talk at midnight on Christmas Eve.

batmon said:
    ketan said:

Pink is for girls, Blue is for boys.

Never wear white after Labor Day.

Never hit a man w/ glasses.

Eat all your food, there are starving kids in ___________.

A sailor wearing an earring cannot drown.

To find a penny heads up, brings good luck.

Animals can talk at midnight on Christmas Eve.

i haven't heard of all of those sayings (!), but yeah, i'm definitely not unconventional when it comes to fashion (if that's what you were trying to say). i find whatever i like to wear is at least 5 years behind the times. i'm paul rudd at the start of 'the shape of things'.

i also feel like camo is really symbolic of some super, super heavy shit and maybe it shouldn't be used for ironic or purely aesthetic art.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Good use of camo..

ketan said:

i also feel like camo is really symbolic of some super, super heavy shit and maybe it shouldn't be used for ironic or purely aesthetic art.

sorry, don't mean to be a buzzkill. i'll shut up now.

ketan said:
    ketan said:

sorry, don't mean to be a buzzkill. i'll shut up now.

;-)

• I'll always cosign camo when it comes in and out every ten years or so.

• I like camo not on shoes or ties though corny.

This book is pretty dope

Maharishi put a book together about camp and their patterns.

http://www.maharishistore.com/wordpress/2011/12/dpm-camouflage/

nice lookin book...gotta find it

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    ketan said:

I used to feel the same about military chic but at this point it is so ubiquitous and reworked, I just see it as a pattern. I am pretty sure this is not a comment on whether or not I am indifferent to military occupations or the general horrors and fuckery of war.

Interesting idea: "purely aesthetic art"