Y'all Rock Camo?

13»

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    bassie said:
    ketan said:

i also feel like camo is really symbolic of some super, super heavy shit and maybe it shouldn't be used for ironic or purely aesthetic art.

I used to feel the same about military chic but at this point it is so ubiquitous and reworked, I just see it as a pattern. I am pretty sure this is not a comment on whether or not I am indifferent to military occupations or the general horrors and fuckery of war.

yeah, i think it'd be more people who were involved in war who might be a bit weirded out seeing it used everywhere rather than it reflecting some type of moral poverty among wearers. don't worry, i don't think camo wearers have no soul!

bassie said:

Interesting idea: "purely aesthetic art"

which is to say, interesting looking stuff masquerading as art. there are definitely real artists who focus on the meaning of aesthetics, and i didn't mean that. i meant more the patterns on clothes at Forever 21, etc that people buy because they "look good". "purely aesthetic purposes" let's say.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Women wearing those green Fidel Castro army caps are now just as bad as chicks wearing fedoras.

#epidemic

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Part of the reason I can't wear my super waterproof jacket from the other thread in public is that it's camo. I'm not always against camo, but there's gotta be a better option. Almost always.

• dukeofdelridge said:
    Part of the reason I can't wear my super waterproof jacket from the other thread in public is that it's camo. I'm not always against camo, but there's gotta be a better option. Almost always.

everyone knows that a real man's only option in the rain is to lift his shoulders. rubber jackets and umbrellas are for wimps.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i wear the occasional carharrt camo shorts but thats it. I cant get into the camo shirts/jackets/pants thing though

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Uhh yes.
    Not a big fan of straightforward out and out camo prints- it can look good but its a bit too corny imo, esp. the carhartt steez (no offense)
    I like twists on camo

Own a jacket with this print

and this too

that maharishi camo book is really expensive btw.

Is camo back in fashion? I didnt think It ever really went out since the 90's -

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    It's always in fashion with dudes w/ dog on a string and Eastern Euroman construction workers who resemble Valuev

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    So is army surplus camo more or less acceptable than designer camo?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    So is army surplus camo more or less acceptable than designer camo?

What im seeing on folks ranges from designer cuts on hipsters to high school students and erryone else rockin surplus cargos/pants.