iPhone Users: Who is on Instagram?

Comments

• LewisLewis Connecticut 101 Posts

• @rodneypleasant

peace, stein. . .

• @boblanaranja
    Just got on here about a week ago, slowly starting to follow yall.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Hiatus imposed by switching to W8 phone.

No instagram app exists for it yet.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Video!

Exit Vine.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    most of the videos i'm seeing people post today are boring me to tears.

edit: i'm not on Vine, so i'm not quite understanding the potential of this to be interesting/worthwhile yet

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    edith head said:

edit: i'm not on Vine, so i'm not quite understanding the potential of this to be interesting/worthwhile yet

this is kinda fun

http://seenive.com/u/929973013166825472

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    I hit the update button for apps usually without even looking at the specifics of the upgrade so the first video to show up on my timeline caught me way off guard.

I kind of miss the photos only element of the app... I've now realized that some of the narcissistic eye candy internet superstars I follow are even more annoying with sound.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    nzshadow

• nzshadow said:
    nzshadow

yours is phenomenal. i go all bunny boiler on it liking everything.

a MUST for anyone who likes books or typefaces.

• vintageinfants said:
    nzshadow said:
    nzshadow

b/w

integrating video into IG makes so much more sense than a separate video app.
    Sorry Vine, nice try tho.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    rosshogg. I lurk some of you folls and idoits.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    vintageinfants said:
    nzshadow said:
    nzshadow

b/w

integrating video into IG makes so much more sense than a separate video app.
    Sorry Vine, nice try tho.

Really wish IG hadn't flipped the script. Prefer vine because the video's loop and it isn't as censored. #vineafterdark The IG video looks and runs like shit, think they ruined it. Irregardless it's all a consistency theory to eat away at your data plan. Think I may just go throw my Iphone in the ocean.

• Hahaaa. I hear you about looping on Vine. That is something the IG video lacks

i'm not really feeling how it autoplays when i scroll pass it on my feed. not trying to use up my limited bandwidth on videos of people eating at food trucks.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    There are settings where you can turn off autoplay

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Yeah I feel like a lot of the video I'm seeing on my feed is kinda pointless. It's pretty great for record collectro posts though - cuz you can include audio.

I was thinking the other day about all this "cloud" computing that's happening. This whole UltraViolet movie system where your digital copy stays in the cloud, and you can just waste 4gb of data every time you watch it at home!! What a convenience!! Internet and Cellular providers must just be laughing alllll the way to the bank. Fuckers.

Grandfather said:
    There are settings where you can turn off autoplay

thank you i'm a dummy for not checking out the new settings.

i do like the potential for record posts w/ audio now, but the picture quality seems pretty crummy compared to the still photo feature.

• ive been using it more to post all of the terrible fast food i gorge on on days where teh GF isn't around to scold me. it's also a silent form of protest to people who front like they only eat the most meticulously prepared organic cuisine 3 meals a day. #garthbrooksjuicediet

plus, it's been two years since i quit smoking a pack a day, everyone needs a vice.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    nzshadow said:
    nzshadow

Yes!

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    leon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    nzshadow said:
    nzshadow

Yes!

I meant to ask you where all those books are coming from. Do you work in a book store? Diggin in used stacks daily? I feel like I've lurked this board long enough that I should know by now lol

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Thanks fellas, glad someone appreciates the weird random postings.

99% of the books have been acquired in the last year-and-a-bit, after packing the family up and moving from Amsterdam to a sleepy town on the east coast of Australia. I landed in an area completely devoid of records but absolutely overflowing in amazing old books. The most i have paid for any one of them is AU$10.00

It's fucking ridiculous. I come up on all sorts of crazy shit - next week I am following a lead on a collection of Bull shark jaws from the 70s, a garage full of woodworking tools from the turn of the 20th century plus yet another fucking meeting with a completely insane hoarder with a garage full (FULL) of the most amazing gold-embossed hardcovers from the early to mid 19th century that i am attempting to conquer.

And follow @northcreative, an old friend whose pictures are fucking amazing and also @hodgoartanddesign who is a great artist (and Greg from The Mop)

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    IG handle: upbeatsitdown

After paging through this thread, it turns out I've been following some strutters and didn't know it. I also added some of the SS heads from when I was a regular (lurker). I'm avoiding the video update for now.

Also, I only post selfies.

IG handle:
     awwwwwdamn

phono13 said:
    IG handle: upbeatsitdown

i feel dumb for not making this connection, haha.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I poked around and added some more of you strutteurs.

Vine is dead to me. I just can't do vine and instagram and twitter and stare at reddit. I haven't looked at it in forever. I prefer the simplicity of vine--it's the sp1200 with limited sample time, forcing creativity. I guess that makes insta vids me staring at a mega software VSTDAWMPC prosumer bedroom dream studio. (This analogy is falling apart.) But instagram pics are THE PADS, MAN, so you stick with it because that part is better when you should just have a dumb groovebrick 303 that's all madlib needs oh whatever

I wish instagram was phone-only, is what I'm saying.

But I'm on it. I put up pics of proof. Like, "this happened."

@comeonsrsly

PrimeCutsLtd said:
    As I was checking out some instagram records pics, I stumbled upon a user named heightfiveseven. She dresses up like album covers. It's kind of half assed but.....pretty funny.

Of course she has an insta! And of course I'm now following her insta! Thanks!

!

I'll probably have some shame epiphany in a week or two, most likely after being unable to hold back a comment, but I am following for now

• Nzshadow, joelkbo, djynot, and supreme's isnta-pages are always cool

Grandfather said:
    Nzshadow, joelkbo, djynot, and supreme's isnta-pages are always cool

how often is mine cool thx