Nobody Is Listening To Your Phone Calls

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    LaserWolf said:

Except he is a traitor. I was on the fence about the NSA leaks, because it wasn't a secret. Now, I'm not. Fuck this dude.

NSA leaker Edward Snowden: U.S. targets China with hackers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/snowden-wants-people-of-hong-kong-to-decide-my-fate/2013/06/12/a69e94ee-d370-11e2-a73e-826d299ff459_story.html

Help me out here. I am not too bright.

He didn't leak any secrets but he is a traitor. How is this possible? Why is this even news if you already knew it all? What crime did he commit?

The NSA program was not a secret, hence no treason there.

Us hacking China WAS a secret until homey blabbed. He's a traitor.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    You used the quotes wrong.
    You attributed lm+j idiotic quote to me.

The China thing didn't happen until yesterday.
    Numerous Senators, from both parties, with oversight responsibilities, who have been briefed on the NSA program, have said they did not know the things you and lm+j say you knew. Things you say were not secret. Things lm+j says he read on wikipedia.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:

if you hate america so much why don't you move back to ireland

Name calling over the internet is not big, and it's not clever, but either you're trolling or you're a complete spanner.

LaserWolf said:
    You used the quotes wrong.
    You attributed lm+j idiotic quote to me.

The China thing didn't happen until yesterday.
    Numerous Senators, from both parties, with oversight responsibilities, who have been briefed on the NSA program, have said they did not know the things you and lm+j say you knew. Things you say were not secret. Things lm+j says he read on wikipedia.

Sorry about using the quote wrong.

Numerous Senators, from both parties, with oversight responsibilities, who have been briefed on the NSA program, have said they did know the things I say were known.

Also, the Patriot Act was passed in 2001, and extended in 2006 and 2010 in plain view. The language of section 215 in the Patriot Act, which the administration says gives them authority for the NSA program, has been there for the public to read this whole time. Not a secret.

True, true.

It scope, scale and extent the spying on US citizens was a secret.

Naturally myself and others mentioned this from time to time.
    When we did we were told to go wear a tin foil hat because we were spinning crazy conspiracies.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

Name calling over the internet is not big, and it's not clever, but either you're trolling or you're a complete spanner.
    I'M THE ONE who is name calling? really? i don't even talk 10% of the shit dude does. and seriously, if he hates so much of what america is, why is he still here?

b/w

you wouldn't even have responded if i wasn't talking about part of the shit your people are attached to

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    tax receipts are up because americans are a resilient force and are showing the rest of the world how to tackle adversity.

YES!
    Thank you Americans for saving our infidel asses from adversity!! Thank you. Thank you.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    skel said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    tax receipts are up because americans are a resilient force and are showing the rest of the world how to tackle adversity.

YES!
    Thank you Americans for saving our infidel asses from adversity!! Thank you. Thank you.
    whoa whoa whoa whoa, just because you guys aren't as hardworking as americans doesn't mean you guys are infidels.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    thank you, Americans, for all your hard work.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dudes in the bottom picture striving to be americans

Striving to American, but already Jesus!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Duderonomy said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

I'M THE ONE who is name calling? really? i don't even talk 10% of the shit dude does. and seriously, if he hates so much of what america is, why is he still here?

b/w

you wouldn't even have responded if i wasn't talking about part of the shit your people are attached to

:eye roll:

As juvenile as it is, I was name-calling. I didn't say you were. Unless you take being called a spanner as a compliment, which at this stage of proceedings could indeed be true.
    The guy doesn't hate America, he's offered a reasonable criticism in the wake of some Stasi-esque revelations about uhm, teh bastion of freedom & liberty blah blah. But anyone would have some crit in the wake of this. I fully expect that if the US is doing this, then the UK is doing it just as much, all as part of the on-going war-on-terreur.

The-part-of-the-shit-your-people-are-attached-to bit is incorrect, and a great example of projection.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Duderonomy said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

b/w

:eye roll:

As juvenile as it is, I was name-calling. I didn't say you were. Unless you take being called a spanner as a compliment, which at this stage of proceedings could indeed be true.
    The guy doesn't hate America, he's offered a reasonable criticism in the wake of some Stasi-esque revelations about uhm, teh bastion of freedom & liberty blah blah. But anyone would have some crit in the wake of this. I fully expect that if the US is doing this, then the UK is doing it just as much, all as part of the on-going war-on-terreur.

The-part-of-the-shit-your-people-are-attached-to bit is incorrect, and a great example of projection.
    no

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    worse than constant posts about urine and feces
    am
    i
    rite

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    GERMANY I SEE YOU

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Great Article from ArsTechnica about some of the questions/points that Snowden addressed during his latest surfacing in China...

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/06/snowden-in-online-chat-nsa-analysts-can-get-anything-they-want

Interesting quote:

This disclosure provides Obama an opportunity to appeal for a return to sanity, constitutional policy, and the rule of law rather than men. He still has plenty of time to go down in history as the president who looked into the abyss and stepped back, rather than leaping forward into it. I would advise he personally call for a special committee to review these interception programs, repudiate the dangerous "State Secrets" privilege, and, upon preparing to leave office, begin a tradition for all presidents forthwith to demonstrate their respect for the law by appointing a special investigator to review the policies of their years in office for any wrongdoing. There can be no faith in government if our highest offices are excused from scrutiny???they should be setting the example of transparency.

JectWon said:
    Great Article from ArsTechnica about some of the questions/points that Snowden addressed during his latest surfacing in China...

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/06/snowden-in-online-chat-nsa-analysts-can-get-anything-they-want

Interesting quote:

This disclosure provides Obama an opportunity to appeal for a return to sanity, constitutional policy, and the rule of law rather than men. He still has plenty of time to go down in history as the president who looked into the abyss and stepped back, rather than leaping forward into it. I would advise he personally call for a special committee to review these interception programs, repudiate the dangerous "State Secrets" privilege, and, upon preparing to leave office, begin a tradition for all presidents forthwith to demonstrate their respect for the law by appointing a special investigator to review the policies of their years in office for any wrongdoing. There can be no faith in government if our highest offices are excused from scrutiny???they should be setting the example of transparency.

Great quote.

I'm all for re-evaluating our posture with respect to domestic surveillance. Now seems like a good time to do it.

Hope it happens.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    JectWon said:

Interesting quote:

Great quote.

I'm all for re-evaluating our posture with respect to domestic surveillance. Now seems like a good time to do it.

Hope it happens.

I see a 0.0% chance that there is real change on this. They know they can get away with it, and they will.

gareth said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    JectWon said:

Interesting quote:

Great quote.

Hope it happens.

I see a 0.0% chance that there is real change on this. They know they can get away with it, and they will.

If I was a betting man...I'd go with you, Gareth...I'm no consipracy dude...but, the Govt has never been good at forcing itself to relinquish it's own access/power from anything.

Personally, I always assumed this went on but having an NSA dude logically and strongly state a case against it is a nice thing to see...he isn't on some Behold a Pale Horse shit...he's legitimately and rationally exposing real conspiracy.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

HarveyCanal said:

Haha, off topic as always but yes...yes I have....

See how I saw countless examples here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=car+engine+ejected+in+crash

http://www.telegram.com/article/20121113/NEWS/121119867/1246
    http://jalopnik.com/5907068/this-shelby-gt500-crashed-so-hard-its-engine-detached-and-hit-another-car

There are lots of other examples...

EDIT: Now that I think of it...what I haven't seen are engines ejected from cars as a result of a car bomb...those seem to always end up with everything...blown up.

HarveyCanal said:

I don't drink kool aid...in this case it was just science.

Yep, Alex Jones signed NDAA into law. And the CIA/FBI have never ever assassinated a journalist before.

HarveyCanal said:
    Yep, Alex Jones signed NDAA into law. And the CIA/FBI have never ever assassinated a journalist before.

Each post is a different statement/argument/meme...literally like 4 different half baked 'yeah but this' type shit in the last 3 posts...yep, that's about par for the course, I guess. Keep stickin and movin'...

Back to the point, I do think the article about Snowden posted above would be of interest to you...I assume you've read it and others about him.

JectWon said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Each post is a different statement/argument/meme...literally like 4 different half baked 'yeah but this' type shit in the last 3 posts...yep, that's about par for the course, I guess. Keep stickin and movin'...

Back to the point, I do think the article about Snowden posted above would be of interest to you...I assume you've read it and others about him.

I don't have the gall to assume that I have the scientific tools nor evidence available to me in order to put any news story that pops up to an empirical test. Therefore I start by throwing that whole bullshit criteria right out of the window. In other words, a google search does not a scientist make.

Dude got tooken out. That's the full baked point. Maybe the engine thing isn't as significant as I first thought, but...still.

HarveyCanal said:

Alex Jones IS the CIA, bro. http://thedailybanter.com/2013/05/conspiracy-theorists-claim-alex-jones-is-a-cia-double-agent/

He is also CIA by blood.
    http://www.blacklistednews.com/Zionist_Racist_Rachel_Maddow_Promotes_CIA_Linked_Zionist_Gatekeeper_Alex_Jones_/26356/0/21/21/Y/M.html

"Alex Jones recently admitted having close family connections to the CIA.

Moving on to Jones, he recently admitted that half the people at his family reunions are former members of the CIA during a radio appearance on the Opie and Anthony show. "

You've been suckered, just like you were with Ron Paul. Grandpa Ron is using the money you donated to his campaign to put in a new above ground pool.

Thymebomb13 said:

The terrible beauty of the paranoid mindset is that being proven wrong just reinforces the demented certainty that one is right.

The circular logic of a sick mind is breathtaking, at times.

I think Harvey just said that since he doesn't understand science, he doesn't believe science.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, Harvey.