please to consolidate your shitty posts

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    the masterdebators strike again!!

b/w

please to consolidate your shitty posts

:cry:

b/w

And you're here watching as always, hypocrite.

bonus beat: Get a life.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    2 Bots + 1,800 Posts = 0 Things the Obama Administration Has Ever Done Wrong.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    And on the "if you don't do anything wrong you dont have anything to worry about" excuse.

http://www.volokh.com/2013/01/21/ham-sandwich-nation-due-process-when-everything-is-a-crime/

The answer is less government. Not more. Regardless of party affiliation.

• HarveyCanal said:

also =

0 things about music
    0 things that make this place better, funnier or more civil

but they do offer of plenty of self-righteous, disdainful rachel maddow-esque snark

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:

But it wasn't a secret. I don't know a single well-informed individual who is surprised by this in any way.

And no one here is surprised.

I agree with you.
    Snowden did nothing wrong. He should not be charged. He should be offered his job back because he revealed no secrets.

Feinstein should be ashamed of herself for calling him a traitor.

Thymebomb13 said:
    sabadabada said:
    And on the "if you don't do anything wrong you dont have anything to worry about" excuse.

http://www.volokh.com/2013/01/21/ham-sandwich-nation-due-process-when-everything-is-a-crime/

Glenn Reynolds is an evil, racist, thuggish fuck, but he actually has some good and interesting ideas there.

However, if you think banning plea bargains would lead to less government you're unfamiliar with the criminal justice system. If you took every case to trial you'd have to at least quadruple the size of the court systems. Factor in the need for jurors and I start to get a headache just thinking about it.

Granted I know part of the idea would be to cut down on the number of charged suspects, but how would that work, exactly? You want to raise the limit for grand theft to $1000 or so and piss off every retailer in the country? That might be fun.

1. Present one example of evil, racist, or thuggish fuck behavior. He's a law professor at a third tier law school, for christsake
    2. The point is that where everything is a crime, metadata matters.
    3. Banning plea bargains would only create such an increas if prosecutors continued to bring charges at the same rate, which is the point. They wouldn't be able to. Plea bargaining is barred in Alaska and in various municipalities and has been successful.
    4. I am familiar with the criminal justice system.

crabmongerfunk said:
    HarveyCanal said:

also =

0 things about music
    0 things that make this place better, funnier or more civil

but they do offer of plenty of self-righteous, disdainful rachel maddow-esque snark

1 asshurt guy stalking two dudes he claims to dislike.

Just ask us out so we can tell you to fuck off, once and for all.

LaserWolf said:
    Thymebomb13 said:

But it wasn't a secret. I don't know a single well-informed individual who is surprised by this in any way.

I agree with you.
    Snowden did nothing wrong. He should not be charged. He should be offered his job back because he revealed no secrets.

Except he is a traitor. I was on the fence about the NSA leaks, because it wasn't a secret. Now, I'm not. Fuck this dude.

NSA leaker Edward Snowden: U.S. targets China with hackers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/snowden-wants-people-of-hong-kong-to-decide-my-fate/2013/06/12/a69e94ee-d370-11e2-a73e-826d299ff459_story.html

Remember when republicans said the NYT were traitors because they leaked the same story. Yea, neither do I.

sabadabada said:
    Remember when republicans said the NYT were traitors because they leaked the same story. Yea, neither do I.

Republicans are calling Snowden a traitor,

Bon Vivant said:
    sabadabada said:

Ima saying. At least they are consistant.

sabadabada said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    sabadabada said:

Ima saying. At least they are consistant.

NYT has been reporting that China hacked them, not that the US hacks China, to my knowledge.

Apples and Oranges,

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    Again, none of the recent revelations surprised me in the least, and I'm not sure why people are going nuts over what is essentially a reissued scandal.

saying it doesn't surprise you isn't the same as saying it wasn't a secret program. All of congress has acknowledged this was a secret program. It was obvious something like this was going on, the same way it's obvious that bickering couple you know is going to get divorced. The fact the news doesn't surprise you doesn't change the nature of it.

Thymebomb13 said:
    ppadilha said:
    I think the Democratic and Republican parties represent a lot of the same interests. With the exception of a handful of wedge issues, they are ideologically identical.

Total bullshit. I can only conclude that you don't live in this country or that you're so divorced from reality that you think issues like the social safety net and health care are "wedge issues."

to answer your comment, I lived in the US from 1994 until 2011. I think living in other countries has given me the sense of perspective you seem to lack. In many countries, the Democratic Party would be on the right-wing part of the political spectrum, but since you've only ever had these 2 options, I can see how you think they're bastions of progressive policy.

from what I've seen Democrats have been slowly caving on Social Security, while they compromised heavily on heatlh care reform, and on that front they never even made an attempt at true reform, like trying to offer universal health care. Not to mention their resounding success in getting their own senators to vote for gun control laws. Or their honorable stance in refusing to ratify the Kyoto Protocol. The only area in which they can claim some sort of high ground has to do with individual liberties, things like gay marriage or abortion (incidentally, issues typically decided in courts, not in the legislature), which are in fact the wedge issues republicans so love to use to drive the political debate. But when it comes to economic policy or foreign policy, or any broad policy question, there is no difference. This is why workers' wages have been stagnant regardless of who is president, or why american exceptionalism still guides foreign policy regardless of who is president. There are countless other issues one could look at: environmental issues, education, the war on drugs, campaign finance reform (lobbying in most countries is actually considered corruption, don't know if you know that), etc and so on. Even if there are a handful of democrats who speak out on them, the Democratic and Republican parties seem to be in agreement in all of these issues.

Thymebomb13 said:
    sabadabada said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    sabadabada said:

Glenn Reynolds is an evil, racist, thuggish fuck, but he actually has some good and interesting ideas there.

However, if you think banning plea bargains would lead to less government you're unfamiliar with the criminal justice system. If you took every case to trial you'd have to at least quadruple the size of the court systems. Factor in the need for jurors and I start to get a headache just thinking about it.

Granted I know part of the idea would be to cut down on the number of charged suspects, but how would that work, exactly? You want to raise the limit for grand theft to $1000 or so and piss off every retailer in the country? That might be fun.

1. Present one example of evil, racist, or thuggish fuck behavior. He's a law professor at a third tier law school, for christsake
    2. The point is that where everything is a crime, metadata matters.
    3. Banning plea bargains would only create such an increas if prosecutors continued to bring charges at the same rate, which is the point. They wouldn't be able to. Plea bargaining is barred in Alaska and in various municipalities and has been successful.
    4. I am familiar with the criminal justice system.

Glenn Reynolds, racist fuck:

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/139909/

http://pushingrope.blogspot.com/2010/10/glenn-reynolds-staying-classy.html

http://stevegilliard.blogspot.com/2004/08/celebrate-racism.html

http://crookedtimber.org/2006/11/06/compare-and-contrast-2/

http://gawker.com/5439673/isnt-this-picture-of-obama-and-biden-interesting

http://www.sadlyno.com/archives/8788.html

How many more do you need? Reynolds has an extensive record of this kind of shit. The guy is trash.

As for thuggish, he's one of the most enthusiastic torture supporters out there. I'm not even going to bother with links to that crap.

The weakest of suaces. Due process when everything is racist.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    ppadilha said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    You don't think Obama was the better choice over Romney?

I think the Democratic and Republican parties represent a lot of the same interests. With the exception of a handful of wedge issues, they are ideologically identical. Obama may be well intentioned as a person, but in many ways his presidency has just been a continuation of the Bush years, especially when it comes to issues like this.

You didn't answer the question.

I voted for Obama in 2008, but I didn't believe he would be able to transcend the Democratic party. And he hasn't.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Not even the person on the other end of the call is listening to my phone conversations.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    From the Guardian:

New York Rep. Peter T King has repeated his call for the prosecution of Glenn Greenwald for writing about NSA surveillance programs:

Rep. King on Fox News right now explaining why @ggreenwald should be prosecuted. compares it to releasing date of DDay prior to invasion (?)

When asked whether he meant all reporters who published Snowden info, the Rep. said "Nope. Just Greenwald."

Earlier today we noted how sharply is the disagreement between King and the Obama administration on this. Glenn notes the irony of King, a staunch supporter of the Irish Republican Army, lecturing on the topics:

Only In America can a renowned and devoted terrorism supporter like Peter King be the arbiter of national security and treason.

Facepalm
    b/w
    Government playbook 101 - Shoot the messenger! Shoot the messenger!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    volumen said:
    They had the Boston bomber in for questioning and then just lost track of him. When the Russian's call you and say "look out for this guy", you should probably be keeping an eye on him.

You might want to consider the possibility that they didn't lose track of him at all, but instead had insufficient hard evidence of any wrongdoing to enable them to arrest, detain and charge him with anything.

Now, if one of the main objectives of all this surveillance is, as many are suggesting, to circumvent due process/the rule of law in some nefarious way or other, then why didn't they just arrest and detain him, and then fit him up on some trumped-up charge at a later date? Could it perhaps be that to do so would be, y'know, illegal?

Supposedly the gov has the ability to monitor your internet and phone traffic and this guy was posting jihad videos on youtube. So it's hard to believe he wasn't looking up bomb building or visiting any suspicious terrorist sites. They way things played out it doesn't look like he was that smart or planned an escape so I'm sure he left an trail of evidence. The gov already says they are collecting everything since they can't monitor it all in real time. But yet another person they were aware of slipped right passed them and killed people

Like I said, the power that be have their own agenda and it's not keeping us safe. It's covering their own butts for all the illegal stuff they do to steal our rights and our tax dollars. As well as drumming up evidence to go to war to fuel all their arms manufacturer stock options.

sabadabada said:

Yea, because unregulated privatization is working out so well. That's just a ploy for all these big companies like Halliburton to get huge contracts paid for with our tax dollars while the volunteer army gets sent in for cannon fodder. I guarantee the private "security" in Iraq has all the equipment they need paid for with tax dollars while the troops get told we can't afford bullet proof stuff for everybody.

I would be fine with less gov if they did the basics we expect for paying taxes and made sure private companies actually follow the rules and don't dump millions of gallons of oil into neighborhoods and major bodies of water. As well as allowing huge corporate tax write offs and even subsidizing their advertizing in other countries. The problem is not the size of the government it's the huge corporate lobbying influence making laws like the one that now protect Monsanto in case their mutant crops do case health problems.

BTW. This is all worth it just to see you hear. UPDATE YOUR SITE!!!! I love the Brazil.

ppadilha said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    ppadilha said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    You don't think Obama was the better choice over Romney?

I think the Democratic and Republican parties represent a lot of the same interests. With the exception of a handful of wedge issues, they are ideologically identical. Obama may be well intentioned as a person, but in many ways his presidency has just been a continuation of the Bush years, especially when it comes to issues like this.

You didn't answer the question.

I voted for Obama in 2008, but I didn't believe he would be able to transcend the Democratic party. And he hasn't.

I didn't vote thinking "this is to good to be true" and I was right.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    ppadilha said:
    to answer your comment, I lived in the US from 1994 until 2011. I think living in other countries has given me the sense of perspective you seem to lack. In many countries, the Democratic Party would be on the right-wing part of the political spectrum, but since you've only ever had these 2 options, I can see how you think they're bastions of progressive policy.

from what I've seen Democrats have been slowly caving on Social Security, while they compromised heavily on heatlh care reform, and on that front they never even made an attempt at true reform, like trying to offer universal health care. Not to mention their resounding success in getting their own senators to vote for gun control laws. Or their honorable stance in refusing to ratify the Kyoto Protocol. The only area in which they can claim some sort of high ground has to do with individual liberties, things like gay marriage or abortion (incidentally, issues typically decided in courts, not in the legislature), which are in fact the wedge issues republicans so love to use to drive the political debate. But when it comes to economic policy or foreign policy, or any broad policy question, there is no difference. This is why workers' wages have been stagnant regardless of who is president, or why american exceptionalism still guides foreign policy regardless of who is president. There are countless other issues one could look at: environmental issues, education, the war on drugs, campaign finance reform (lobbying in most countries is actually considered corruption, don't know if you know that), etc and so on. Even if there are a handful of democrats who speak out on them, the Democratic and Republican parties seem to be in agreement in all of these issues.

I lived in Ireland for a year and spent several months there on a few other occasions, and I've traveled fairly extensively in Europe. I'm no naif.

And yes, our Democrats would be fairly conservative in many places, but then our Republicans would be outright fascists in those same places. The gulf between the two parties is culturally significant in THIS country and is more apparent if you've spent time in different parts of the US. Life is very different in my Democratic stronghold of Massachusetts than it is in (insert favorite GOP-run hellhole here).

I know our health care system is a joke when measured against those in most of the rest of the highly-industrialized world, and the ACA might seem like a small improvement, but it's also going to provide coverage to an additional 40 million people. I consider that to be significant, and you have to remember that it had no Republican support at all.

Going forward I think there are reasons for optimism here, because the backwards yokels who are the Republican base are aging and the Angry White Guys are losing their lunches over the demographic changes happening here.

if you hate america so much why don't you move back to ireland

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Thymebomb13 said:

I agree with you.

Except he is a traitor. I was on the fence about the NSA leaks, because it wasn't a secret. Now, I'm not. Fuck this dude.

NSA leaker Edward Snowden: U.S. targets China with hackers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/snowden-wants-people-of-hong-kong-to-decide-my-fate/2013/06/12/a69e94ee-d370-11e2-a73e-826d299ff459_story.html

Help me out here. I am not too bright.

He didn't leak any secrets but he is a traitor. How is this possible? Why is this even news if you already knew it all? What crime did he commit?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    if you hate america so much why don't you move back to ireland

Are you really as stupid as you seem to be? Because you seem to be drown-in-the-rain level stupid and I can't understand why you didn't Darwin Award yourself to death years ago.
    you still havent answered the question

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    allz i know is that the commie talk in the last few posts led to stuff like this:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-11/greece-first-developed-market-cut-to-emerging-as-uae-upgraded.html

while standing TALL and STRONG while sticking to your principles led to this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/10/sp-us-credit-outlook-stable-negative_n_3415028.html

Background check to buy a weapon. No.
    Check everyone's emails and phone calls in case they do something with the weapon. Yes.
    Seems a little backwards.

I like the Daily's Shows take. Congratulations Your Not Paranoid. You are being watched!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    volumen said:
    Background check to buy a weapon. No.
    Check everyone's emails and phone calls in case they do something with the weapon. Yes.
    Seems a little backwards.

I like the Daily's Shows take.

I liked the whole clip. But yeah that part stuck out at me as well.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    allz i know is that the commie talk in the last few posts led to stuff like this:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-11/greece-first-developed-market-cut-to-emerging-as-uae-upgraded.html

while standing TALL and STRONG while sticking to your principles led to this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/10/sp-us-credit-outlook-stable-negative_n_3415028.html

Yes, raising taxes led to an increase in tax receipts, and that impressed the S&P analysts.

Oh, wait, that's not what you meant by "sticking to your principles," is it?

Oh well.
    tax receipts are up because americans are a resilient force and are showing the rest of the world how to tackle adversity.
    you would do well to learn from that instead of spouting your racial hatred every time someone has an opposing viewpoint