Duderonomy said:
    the Germans are not amused...

oh great, y'all went and did it now.

Shiiiiiiit.... :freeway:

No idea where to put this, so what the hell:

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    skel said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Our government hasn't been around for a millenia. Our government ( I mean the Unitted States), also isn't a "them", it's an "us".

pukes in mouth >>>>

Yes, the truth can be nauseating.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    This does kinda have some teeth to it:

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    skel said:
    Conspiracy theory: govt plants covert agents like BV and LMJ TB to supply anti-conspiracy propaganda into the discussion.

Rational theory: govt relies on intelligent and articulate dudes like BV and TB as a natural part of the demographic to supply that view without reward or coercion.

Irrational theory: same sane intelligent and articulate dudes truly believe that this govt, contrary to millenia's worth of historical experience, do not eliminate certain elements undesirable to them.

"Sane intelligent and articulate dudes" don't think "millenia" is a word and know "this govt" hasn't been around for a millenium.

Barry Seal? Spare me. Danny Casolaro? Lyndon LaRouche is all over that one.

It's entirely possible that the government has secretly killed people. It kills people right out in the open regularly enough.

But bullshit like the Clinton death list is put together by con men to suck in dimwits and nutjobs. Works every time, too.

^^^^^^^
    Govt agent

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    skel said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    skel said:
    Conspiracy theory: govt plants covert agents like BV and LMJ TB to supply anti-conspiracy propaganda into the discussion.

Rational theory: govt relies on intelligent and articulate dudes like BV and TB as a natural part of the demographic to supply that view without reward or coercion.

Irrational theory: same sane intelligent and articulate dudes truly believe that this govt, contrary to millenia's worth of historical experience, do not eliminate certain elements undesirable to them.

"Sane intelligent and articulate dudes" don't think "millenia" is a word and know "this govt" hasn't been around for a millenium.

Barry Seal? Spare me. Danny Casolaro? Lyndon LaRouche is all over that one.

It's entirely possible that the government has secretly killed people. It kills people right out in the open regularly enough.

But bullshit like the Clinton death list is put together by con men to suck in dimwits and nutjobs. Works every time, too.

^^^^^^^
    Govt agent

CLINTON HAYEK FTW

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    So on the front page of the Guardian they've got the story about hoping to get asylum in Ecuador.

Further down, there's a holiday/travel piece called Escape To Ecuador.

:oh_snap:

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

currently live in a madhouse with an alcoholic real-life version of this character
    plus a jobless piano-playing child-man and a guy legally classed as mentally ill (although he's the sanest of the bunch).

you joined the cast of The Young Ones? Call me when Mot??rhead comes to play at your place!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The people still cosigning this absolute bullshit "government" are taking insane to new levels.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Don't they have any other photos of this guy?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

"No, I'm not going to be scrambling jets to get a 29-year-old hacker."

When I can just use one of my drones.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    Duderonomy said:
    So the latest is that the US is filing criminal charges of espionage against Snowden. Anyway somebody can carve facepalms onto the Rushmore national monument?

the party that took office on the political platform of America needing MORE whistleblowers has filed high crime charges against its first and most important.

plenty a room here in canadia duder.

Snowden is not the first, and may not be the most important.
    This administration has been harder on whistle blowers than the previous administration.
    Many have been fired, charged, jailed and tortured.

• *sigh*

first since the election i was referring to.

you're SO right tho

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    The Stasi/Orwellian angle keeps getting better. I mean worse.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/28/us-army-blocks-guardian-website-access

A spokesman said the military was filtering out reports and content relating to government surveillance programs to preserve "network hygiene" and prevent any classified material appearing on unclassified parts of its computer systems.

The confirmation follows reports in the Monterey Herald that staff at the Presidio military base south of San Francisco had complained of not being able to access the Guardian's UK site at all, and had only partial access to the US site, following publication of leaks from whistleblower Edward Snowden.

The Pentagon insisted the Department of Defense was not seeking to block the whole website, merely taking steps to restrict access to certain content.

But a spokesman for the Army's Network Enterprise Technology Command (Netcom) in Arizona confirmed that this was a widespread policy, likely to be affecting hundreds of defence facilities.

sabadabada said:

That's good. I mean, scary.

Snowden now officially a refugee from American Democracy in Russia.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I'm surprised there wasn't more of a stir about the NSA bugging the EU Mission at the UN and several European embassies. Violations like these were formerly only known by China and Russia and are an incredibly bad look to put it mildly.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Frank said:
    I'm surprised there wasn't more of a stir about the NSA bugging the EU Mission at the UN and several European embassies. Violations like these were formerly only known by China and Russia and are an incredibly bad look to put it mildly.

Everyone does it and they all know it.

Anyone crying too loudly would soon be exposed as a hypocrite.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Horseleech said:

Everyone does it.

What? Bugging their allies' embassies? No.

Frank said:
    Horseleech said:

Everyone does it.

The chocolates are just a smokescreen!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Teh US please report to the rogue nation naughty step.
    Ask North Korea and Myanmar to budge up.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Frank said:
    Horseleech said:

Everyone does it.

bugging embassies is pretty extreme, but allies sure as fuck spy on each other.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Nor commit espionage.

To me it looks that offering to reform the NSA is an admission that it???s operating outside of the laws as the majority of people (Americans + others) understand them, and by doing this Obama is unintentionally exonerating Snowden???s actions. Will American politicians point this out? Will there be a popular movement to clear Snowdens??? name, or would that be an admission too far for the current regime to stomach?

I guess I know the answer, but just putting it out there...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Just a quick reminder that Snowden is making his stand for democracy and freedom in a country that throws musicians into prison and enshrines in law the persecution of homosexuals.