Rap You're Liking

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    More than a decade old, but I just saw "The Burglars" and I'm feeling this

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    bassie said:
    I was wondering where you've been!

I got the TI filed, but haven't got to it yet - that's promising!
    I am sure The Underachievers got mentioned a few pages back? I am enjoying Indigoism a fair bit. They are playing live here next month, will try to catch that.
    I had the ipod on shuffle and hit on a song I liked but couldn't place - it was Fiend. I went back to it and I still skipped through most of the first half, but there are some real gems later on.

Yeah the GDOD won't blow your mind and every track seems to be about 8 minutes long due to the guest spots but it's still a surprisingly fun listen. Would be interested to know what the Underachievers are like live as still a bit confused about what their market is (not necessarily a bad thing.

Funnily enough I went back and revisited a load of old No Limit after reading the Complex article of the 25 best No Limit albums and was amazed at how angry and raw Fiend sounds on his debut. Kind of wish he'd bring it back a little.

Despite not being aware of Trap House 1 or 2, Trap House 3 is actually a pretty decent Gucci release including this which is fantastically unfocused thanks in part to Young Thug.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    A little after the event now, but still good. I find listening to Waka becomes exhausting over extended periods, but his energy is really infectious, and oddly good-natured in the context of such generally harsh and aggressive-sounding music.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Are they rocking Gervinho's? :nagl:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    A little after the event now, but still good. I find listening to Waka becomes exhausting over extended periods, but his energy is really infectious, and oddly good-natured in the context of such generally harsh and aggressive-sounding music.

Holy shit - Jim Jones cleaned up for this video....which is the cheapest looking recent rap video I've seen lol. This song has been helping me through some long-ass rainy morning traffic commutes to work lately.

Great way to describe him, too. I am a fan. I just put Flockaveli back on the ipod. Still great.

bassie said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Holy shit - Jim Jones cleaned up for this video....which is the cheapest looking recent rap video I've seen lol. This song has been helping me through some long-ass rainy morning traffic commutes to work lately.

Great way to describe him, too. I am a fan. I just put Flockaveli back on the ipod. Still great.

Hahaha, that is Jim Jones, then? I wasn't sure for a moment. I was like, "Well, it kinda looks like him, but without the whole "sleeping on your boy's couch for a month" look..."

The dudes who did this video need to holla at Zosia and Clara Mamet.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Duflocka Rant 2 is an interesting release from Flocka. Beat wise it's got a lot more trad hip hop beats than anything I've heard from him previously. As someone who's a fan of his more introspective moments (the Outro was my favourite track on Triple F Life) I'm not mad at that at all - just quite unexpected.

• Possum SlimPossum Slim 353 Posts

I know it???s an overdone assertion about rap, but Waka has always had a punk quality to me . The energy, the WTF is happening here? noisy chaos and that good-natured aggression. Some guy yelling meaningful nonsense at me while a grip of super-hyped fans are jumping up and down and acting all around stupiddumb???sounds/feels like about every show I went to in my funny hair years.

And this - amazing production.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Change the thread title to: Anything Large Professor Puts Out I'm Liking No Matter What And Oh Yeah, Some Other New-Fangled Shit That Other People Apparently Care About.

HarveyCanal said:
    Change the thread title to: Anything Large Professor Puts Out I'm Liking No Matter What And Oh Yeah, Some Other New-Fangled Shit That Other People, including Harvey, Apparently Care About.

This was my first draft, but seemed a little wordy so I cut it down to the present title.

bassie said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Change the thread title to: Anything Large Professor Puts Out I'm Liking No Matter What And Oh Yeah, Some Other New-Fangled Shit That Other People, including Harvey, Apparently Care About.

This was my first draft, but seemed a little wordy so I cut it down to the present title.

Didn't even realize that you started the thread, so that was not directed at you, but at those who have posted up ~43 Large Professor songs within the past year.

One of the things I like most about the way this thread has developed is that anyone can post shit (rap they're liking, in other words) without having to wonder whether or not someone else is going to respond by making value judgements about their taste. Whilst I would point out that, yeah, that MARS clip already got posted some twenty-odd pages back, the unspoken rule that's developed over the 66 pages thus far seems to be; leave a favourable comment if you like something, keep it moving if you don't. I'm all for keeping it that way.

I like the Chic flip on this.

EDIT: I forgot Nas used the same sample on A Moment Of Silence...

DocMcCoy said:
    One of the things I like most about the way this thread has developed is that anyone can post shit (rap they're liking, in other words) without having to wonder whether or not someone else is going to respond by making value judgements about their taste. Whilst I would point out that, yeah, that MARS clip already got posted some twenty-odd pages back, the unspoken rule that's developed over the 66 pages thus far seems to be; leave a favourable comment if you like something, keep it moving if you don't. I'm all for keeping it that way.

Take that shit to unsolicited-mentors.com

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    i know i'm a few months late on this but..

edit.. apologies if this was already posted but i can't be bothered checking

HarveyCanal said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Take that shit to unsolicited-mentors.com

keep it moving if you don't

Not my favorite by Paranoid Castle by any means, but I at least like the singer in this...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Hodgy Beats Untitled EP 2

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    this alternate version of Memory Lane that Qtip played here. Dam

• I've listened to elmatic probably once a week for the last year

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    this project has been mentioned before, but take a sec and listen to this track

Also this.

Apollo Brown - Salute!

:beerbang:

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    this alternate version of Memory Lane that Qtip played here. Dam

Quincy Jones flip?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• SP 1200 said:

As crazy as I hear the police are NY these days I these ain't get harrassed down at the video shoot.

• This hase been out for a while.

Come there not much NY Mack/Pimp rap?

• This hase been out for a while. Come there is not much NY Mack/Pimp rap?

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Don't feel like checking all 67 pages if ths has been posted before. I like this. It's probably too backpack for some.