• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    thats alexander the great's version of a playoff backcheck

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Glad this shitshow is over!
    Just let me watch hockey

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Love the Ovi gif.
    That was a sick goal, too

• Huge win for the pens! Voukon stepped up!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    downtownrobbrown said:
    Huge win for the pens! Voukon stepped up!

Yes! Best off season move evar...

Also... Smart move by Bylsma to add the energy of Kennedy and Vitale.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Lucic is useless, wtf?

Talk about your all time choke jobs by the Leafs. WOW!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Wow crazy

Lucic scored lel

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Congrats SOI
    That must've been interesting

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Talk about your all time choke jobs by the Leafs. WOW!

Yeah I thought they looked like they might pull it together in OT, but damn... that 3rd period was pretty dismal.

Oh well I can go on being pissed off about the Jays now...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    OH HEY GUYS

SoulOnIce said:
    OH HEY GUYS

Is being a Leafs fan the equivalent of the Cubs.... Jets.... ?

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    RAJ said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    OH HEY GUYS

Is being a Leafs fan the equivalent of the Cubs.... Jets.... ?

That was one of the biggest meltdowns I have seen in recent years. You must be happy though...Pens had a convincing win against Ottawa.

Me and White Tea bout to have some words... ;) Wings will loose this series but will be a hull-uv-a way to go out of the Western Conference.

RAJ MAHAL IT'S ON NOW!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I'm hyped on the past few years' NHL playoffs, as a casual fan. I cannot imagine being a die-hard fan of a team though: it would kill me! Definitely the most intense tournament we've got. I'm not fully into violence for violence's sake, but there really is something to the physical repercussions that have survived in hockey. Baseball lost the chin music, NBA is soccer (imagine what a Laimbeer karate chop to LeBron's neck would do, if Paul George makes him fly like he got hit by a truck!)...NFL is still pretty insane...NHL cleaned up a lot of the fighting but legal hits can still be NUTS. Love it!

I'm becoming a fan of the game. I really do feel like these dudes would be playing this hard for free. Which probably isn't true, but NHL feels the closest to that of all the big sports.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Imma give Quick a little bit of a pass on getting pulled last night since because the Rolling Stones are in town they had to schedule a back-to-back in the playoffs, which isn't cool for anyone but the fans watching two games in one weekend.

SoulOnIce said:
    RAJ MAHAL IT'S ON NOW!

I guess we "poked the bear" Game 1...

Tuuuka was on fire plain and simple and the Bruins got us off our game (Flyers style).

MUST WIN TONIGHT!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Been telling everyone that we'll see Fleury again this playoffs...

Bruins are putting on a clinic tonight...

Last night was as stressed as I have ever felt watching a hockey game. The difference between 3-0 and 2-1 in a series is monumental, and the Pens brought it so hard all night long, it just felt inevitable that they would win. Yet somehow the Bruins held on, killed every penalty, blocked every shot, took every hit. I can't believe they have held Pittsburgh to 2 goals over almost 11 full periods now.

I spent most of OT standing up, pacing around on the breaks, literally gasping for air at times ... and when Bergeron put home the game winner I lost it, screaming like a crazy person and waking up the whole block. I was so wired after that experience I couldn't sleep until 4am.

They need to put this away tomorrow tho. After 2010 and the Flyers, I am never comfortable ... and I do NOT want this going back to Pittsburgh.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Awesome game. Those overtime periods were some really fantastic, intense hockey. You could feel the Penguins' season just dangling.
    As someone who is watching for pleasure, without really rooting for either team, i was hoping for a Pens goal because
    "The difference between 3-0 and 2-1 in a series is monumental" and I just want more games.

I don't see any team taking down the Bruins. At ease, SOI

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    cove said:
    Awesome game. Those overtime periods were some really fantastic, intense hockey. You could feel the Penguins' season just dangling.
    As someone who is watching for pleasure, without really rooting for either team, i was hoping for a Pens goal because
    "The difference between 3-0 and 2-1 in a series is monumental" and I just want more games.

I don't see any team taking down the Bruins. At ease, SOI

regardless of rooting interests, those OT periods were hockey at its best, straight up...

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Text this morning from a Ranger fan/Bruins hater:

Amazing!!!! One of the better games I've seen in YEARS!

I cry.

Consensus pick seems to be Bruins in six or seven but I guess I can find solace in knowing all the people picking the Bruins now picked the Penguins to beat them in the previous round.

Yeah I'm not feeling all these people picking the B's. I was much happier when we were underdogs.

Turns out I'll be taking in the home games in Chicago from a perch in the press box. Go Ha..., er, um, I'm not biased.