NHL playoff thread

13»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    that's pretty sweet!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    So soft, Kane. Ooof.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Well, if last night's game was any indication of the rest of the series...

Boston could have easily won it at various points in each of the overtimes. It seemed like they had better and a higher volume of chances. Which in hockey, I guess that means Chicago wins it, somehow.

In any event, it was great covering the game. And I never made it home, instead suffering through a few hours of uneasy slumber on the floor of my office. Easy tradeoff.

• Crawford played completely off his f'n head last night.

Hard not to be discouraged by last night as a Bruins fan. Blew a 2-goal lead in the third period, and unable to score on two power plays in the OTs. Ugh. Thankfully it's only game one, but not encouraging and a long frustrating night. Today is the first day of the playoffs that the Bruins have trailed in a series. Lets see how they respond.

And yeah, hell of a game from Crawford last night, as well as the 3rd and 4th lines for Chicago.

• SoulOnIce said:
    Hard not to be discouraged by last night as a Bruins fan. Blew a 2-goal lead in the third period, and unable to score on two power plays in the OTs. Ugh. Thankfully it's only game one, but not encouraging and a long frustrating night. Today is the first day of the playoffs that the Bruins have trailed in a series. Lets see how they respond.

And yeah, hell of a game from Crawford last night, as well as the 3rd and 4th lines for Chicago.

boston was the better team last night for 5 and a half of the 6 periods played. no question. chicago looked unorganized and frantic. i think they got rung up on 2 'too many men" calls and probably could have gotten 2 more on top of that. unfortunately, in the stanley cup as in the playoffs, the hot goalie wins.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    Crawford played completely off his f'n head last night.

trippy mayne, da hawks!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Yeah, I got crickets when I tweeted "It's raining Too Many Men in Chicago." Oh well.

On one hand, Boston played incredible, the first line in particular was the best line from either team by far. Lucic was beastin'. It also defies logic to be able to win however many games in a row in the playoffs that Boston has - there just has to be a correction at some point.

Still, Chicago got goals from Saad, Bolland, Oduya and Shaw. So maybe the Blackhawks are winning the depth battle so far. Crawford clearly raised his game. And the Hawks scored twice as many goals in one game as Pittsburgh did in their entire series.

I'll be going again on Saturday.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    unfortunately, in the stanley cup as in the playoffs, the hot goalie wins.

This may also be true in exhibition games, then...

Then Boston will prevail.
    Rask >> Crawford

Craw has some luck on his side.
    Rask looked amazing last night. Such good conservation of movement and never shook. Impressively calm in all OTs.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    What an entertaining game, wowwow.

That game was brutal. For a neutral fan I'm sure it was endlessly entertaining, but as a Bruins fan it was painful. Too many highs and lows. Too many score a goal just to give up a goal moments. And to finally get that late tie, force OT, have SO many chances to score in OT and ultimately lose, ugh ... I felt like I'd been kicked in the stomach, dumped by my girlfriend and fired from my job, all in the same 3 hours.

And of course, the stakes were so high. At 3-1 Bruins the series would be considered over. Now it's 2-2 and Chicago has home ice advantage regained, and suddenly look good again. I only feel good because the Bruins have shown me they can win on the road in the playoffs.