NHL playoff thread

fountain16fountain16 93 Posts
edited April 2013 in Strut Central
Pulling for my Blues to get revenge on the Kings this year. Just got tix for gm 2 on thursday. GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Go Pens

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    fountain16 said:
    Pulling for my Blues to get revenge on the Kings this year. Just got tix for gm 2 on thursday. GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!

-This plus your screename must mean you're from St Louis, right?

-Psyched for this time of the year!

-I miss SoulOnIce

-go Habs

-The Isles are fun to watch.

-The Pens are too good.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Bruins aren't just backing into the playoffs, they are crawling into them, looking like there is a piano on their backs.
    I just hope that some switch is thrown come Wednesday and they look more like they did in January & February than the sad sack team that's been out there for the last 2 months.

Kinda glad to face Toronto - we play them well and they are far from a playoff-tested team. Kessell is going to get endless abuse in Boston. Should be a fun series tho I hope it ends quickly in our favor.

Poor Washington, they end up in the 3rd slot and their reward is facing the red-hot Rangers in the first round. Love that matchup because it means no matter what, one dangerous contender will be gone by round two. I don't want any part of the Habs but if the Bruins are going to make it to the Finals again they will most likely have to play the Habs or Pens to get there, unless there is some first-round underdog miracle.

Is there a Western Conference playoff this year, or are they just having Chicago wait until the East is ready for the Final?

• fountain16fountain16 93 Posts
    cove said:
    fountain16 said:

-This plus your screename must mean you're from St Louis, right?

-Psyched for this time of the year!

-I miss SoulOnIce

-go Habs

-The Isles are fun to watch.

-The Pens are too good.

I live in, and am from St.Louis. Live in south city, about 10 minutes from where the Blues play. Screen name is reference to St. Louis born Islanders and Sabres (and Rangers to a lesser extant)great #16 Pat LaFontaine.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Oh i know, he was my first favourite player as a kid!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    First round predictions?

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:

Is there a Western Conference playoff this year, or are they just having Chicago wait until the East is ready for the Final?

Detroit will beat Anaheim. There. I said it. I'm glad the Red Wings finally decided to get their sh!t together and play some awesome hockey and win the last 4 games of the season to keep the streak alive.

B/W

First post in like...2 years for me...? I've been on hiatus...

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:

Bruins

i was going to say that it's not going to be the same without you but then i scrolled down and saw your post. most excellent to have you back my man.

your B's are hurting right now but they've historically been a playoff built team.

maple leaf fever is alive and well in toronto. while i dot much care for the team, i like to see my friends happy and ill always have a soft spot for the home team. also nice to see the nearly hundreds of millions a single playoff series will pour onto the economy. for all it's shortcomings, this is a hockey town first.

my 'nucks don't LOOK like cup contenders, but playoffs are always a totally different animal. hopefully steady as she goes. they've proven they can go deep in the playoffs and the sharks are perennially disappointing.... ill say van in 7 to be safe.

I was feeling bad for the dude that started this thread when LA scored with 30 seconds left in the game to tie it. Looked like a heartbreak in the making, but St Louis just scored a crazy goal in OT to win it. Reminded me so much of the OT goal that DID break my heart (for a couple of days) 2 years ago in game 2 of the SCF against Vancouver.

Hawks were damn lucky to pull a win out tonight, too.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This is the best Pens team I have seen since the early 90s.

Jesus this team is STACKED and the trade deadline moves were beyond genius.

Cup or bust this year for the Pens for real.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    downtownrobbrown said:
    Go Pens

I'm on board with this.

Get that cup, Iggy!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    It's amazing how the weakest link on the Blackhawks, whose goalies combined to give up the fewest goals in the league, is still their 'tenders, with your boy Corey Crawford giving up yet another very soft goal early in their first playoff game last night. Yet, I think it was a blessing in disguise as it provided a little kick in the ass. It was one of those things, too, where everyone was picking the Hawks to coast through the Conference and then Wild goalie Backstrom got injured during warmup, and the Hawks commentators were getting cocky - something had to break; the storyline was just a little too easy for Chicago. So it seemed fitting that 'Sota played them tight and it was a close game. Glad they squeaked out a win, though.

if the leafs go deep in the playoffs, there's preliminary plans to turn the CN into the worlds tallest goal lamp.

im trying to deduce which of those two things is more unlikely.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    if the leafs go deep in the playoffs, there's preliminary plans to turn the CN into the worlds tallest goal lamp.

im trying to deduce which of those two things is more unlikely.

I think you got a clear indication from last night's game how deep the Maples Leafs will go... OOF...

Islanders looked horrible too.... You must be happy RAJ...looks like the Pens will dominate.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Neither is much of a surprise....

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    GO HABS. Nervous and excited, as per usual.
    Back-to-back (nights) home games is a bit shitty, though.

Rangers/Caps should be a great series.

Josh Harding is an absolute badass.

Blues look really strong. Chicago is no guarantee at all.

• whatwhatwhatwhat 89 Posts
    cove said:
    First round predictions?

Gonna give it a shot:

Pens beat Isles
    Habs beat Sens
    Leafs beat Bruins
    Rangers beat Caps

Hawks beat Wild
    Wings beat Ducks
    Canucks beat Sharks
    Kings beat Blues

whatwhat said:
    cove said:
    First round predictions?

Gonna give it a shot:

Leafs beat Bruins

Canucks beat Sharks

FAIL.

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    Go sharks

• LARS got ko'd. Total suicide pass.

AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Arrrrrrgggghhh eeecccck

What a disgrace that was. Bourque should be suspended.
    Some real classless shit.

After a dreadful first game, the Islanders are for real. They remind me of last years Kings.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    They're more fun than the Kings!

[removed][removed]

Holy shit... Pens have my blood BOILING. They are getting out-hustled, out-hit, out-everythinged.

If I needed any further validation it's that Marc Andre Fleury is the most schizo goalie in the history of the NHL. The softies he's let in the last few years in the first round are ones of legend.

That said... if the Islanders beat us, they will be my team moving forward.

:shamefulshit:

vintageinfants said:

BEST THING EVER

[removed][removed]

this is everywhere in my various feeds. the funny part is that all of them have cropped out the guy sitting beside Elisha pheNine who clearly says something vicious about Reimer right after the goal goes in. Toronto spin machine in full effect on this.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

I want NYR to lose, but man I jumped out of my seat and hit rewind on the PVR like 10 times when I saw this last night.