listening to Mr Cee say he ain't gay on Hot 97.

mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
edited May 2013 in Strut Central
This shit is stupid. Its like they all trying to get Mr Cee to come out of the closet and he still saying he ain't gay.

Comments

• Is it something that is wholly important to your life??

Do you think anyone in here cares either way?

• Is it something that is wholly important to your life??

Do you think anyone in here cares either way?

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    What you mad cause your boyfriend won't acknowledge you?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Delete this shit

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Who cares if he is or isn't? What a dumb thread.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    People might care the same way they care about Jason Collins.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I definitely don't care about where Mr Cee falls on the spectrum of sexual orientation.

I do, however, think that it's his own fucking business. And I feel bad for him, whether gay or straight, because now his hand is being forced and no matter how he responds, he comes out losing. I don't know all the details, but the people that put him on the spot should feel ashamed of themselves.

It may be very old fashioned of me, but I absolutely loathe the blurring of private and public life that has become the modern cultural norm. Or... I guess, more accurately, I hate how people embrace it. I understand why they do. But I just cannot get down with it. Modern life is like a big ego masturbation contest. Far too much emphasis is placed on the individual instead of broader perspectives/realities.

• be gay or straight, just don't fuck hookers or in public places in your car. that's the weird part.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    speakmumbles said:
    be gay or straight, just don't fuck hookers or in public places in your car. that's the weird part.

Really don't see anything wrong with that part either, it's pretty much his business ya know.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    speakmumbles said:
    be gay or straight, just don't fuck hookers or in public places in your car.

Well I sure as shit ain't bringing them home, not after my parents were so rude to the last one.

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts
    gives a whole new meaning to I'm hungry for real I'm bout to stick Mister Cee

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    BeatChemist said:
    Modern life is like a big ego masturbation contest. Far too much emphasis is placed on the individual instead of broader perspectives/realities.

Everything this.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Straight people talking about how they don't care if someone is gay or not reminds me of when white people say they don't see colour or when rich people say money isn't important.
    People didn't seem to have a hard time grasping the significance of coming out in the NBA thread, it's interesting the same isn't happening over here.

I guess because there are tawdry and tabloid-y elements to the Mister Cee story, it is easy to lump it in with the latest Kardashian development, but a public figure coming out addresses "broader perspectives" - homophobia, heteronormativity, definition of masculinity - and "realities" - discriminatory laws, depression, teen suicide, personal shame, violence.
    In this case, it's personal stories and individuals that begin to change bigger things; people have to deal because it is a family member, a colleague, a friend. It takes people who are willing to put their private lives on blast and demystify things and set myths to truth - as uncomfortable and distasteful as it is to some of us.

Mister Cee should talk about his sexuality when he wants and how he wants, without a doubt.
    The radio interview was a bad idea and straight up, he really needs to tighten up his street pro game....because you don't get to be a public figure in the US, break the law - especially in this manner - and have your privacy all at the same time.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I was in gym class w/ a gay dude.

• Let the man be gay in peace.

Bassie - just to clarify ... I was taking issue with how this was being sensationalized. I think more dialogue and conversation is the only way forward.

2x

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,783 Posts
    day said:
    BeatChemist said:
    Modern life is like a big ego masturbation contest. Far too much emphasis is placed on the individual instead of broader perspectives/realities.

Everything this.

Facebook being the apogee/nadir.
    Never been on it, never will.