RIP Margaret Thatcher

Comments

• Da Vinylmentalist said:

But those Cubans in Miami don't have a conscience in the first place, they're just low-life crooks. Filth, or like Tony Montana used to say: cockroaches.

:face_melt:

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    what gave you the impression that i needed to do some reading on her?
    probably the "RIP" part

• I prefered Brian when he posted about his shitty mpc2000xl

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I grew up in the North West of England and spent my formative years under her reign. It's hard to put into words the hatred that most of the country has for this woman.

The have always been historic wealth and class divisions in this country, but in our humble day-to-day lives of financial Snakes and Ladders, she moved the counters of the poorest onto snakes the length of which approach infinity. It sucked the f*cking life out of our region for sure. I lived on an estate where only my dad seemed to have a job.

I am seeing some folk on FB talmbout her "Backbone" and "Depth of conviction" but, y'know, you could have said the same about that Third Reich dude. For me, her lack of compassion for humanity is right up there with that guy.

If she was Compton, I would be her Tim Dog.

• vintageinfants said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:

But those Cubans in Miami don't have a conscience in the first place, they're just low-life crooks. Filth, or like Tony Montana used to say: cockroaches.

At least that's the impression I always get when watching Scarface...

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    A friend of mine wrote on FB:
    Almost certainly the best thing Thatcher ever did was die on the day the new James Blake LP was released... barely seen anything about it all day except a couple of reposted reviews.

• Da Vinylmentalist said:
    vintageinfants said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:

At least that's the impression I always get when watching Scarface...

:face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt:

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

If she was Compton, I would be her Tim Dog.

TOO SOON, ASSHOLE.

• As I travelled home on my delayed, overpriced, overcrowded, privatised train, I thought I could hear the sound of singing coming from the valleys of South Wales.

• Duderonomy said:
    I really, really can't wait to return the favour for Cheney

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Back from the pub, shot of milk was followed by White Russians. Friends recounted differing office environments and the reactions. Needless to say this isn't no Diana sh*t, and most people under the age of 30 seem bemused by the reactions. One friend works at Somerville (Thatcher's college) but took the day off... she predicts some flags at half mast eulogy bullsh*t.

vinylstalker said:
    So what's with the milk thing? Apologies, I'm american and only american things matter because we, therefore I, rule, so I don't know about the milk thing.

No apologies needed, was trying to poke fun at PCrazy who's motives in this thread have been, uhmm, mysterious.
    But you guys do rule.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    I don't actually believe in such things, but I like to think that Bobby Sands is flogging her with razor wire right now.

Can't wait to read about this in the Boston Globe.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

I was expecting to see this one in the list but they missed out on it apparently. That drummer is terrible by the way!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    swissbeatz said:
    I prefered Brian when he posted about his shitty mpc2000xl
    & Hawaii & the Cafe & when Brian

• i'm going to be completely honest here; i knew that ol maggie was a prize twat, but i did NOT know that the hatred for her was as high as i've seen now that she's passed on.

quote from an older gent down the pub this afternoon [i stopped in to piggyback the party]:

"young man, i've fought in two wars and i dont wish death on anyone. i only wish that c**t was never born"

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts

One of this lady's more memorable quotes:

"There is no such thing as society"

RIH

• [IMG]

"There is no such thing as society".......There is living tapestry of men and women and people and the beauty of that tapestry and the quality of our lives will depend upon how much each of us is prepared to take responsibility for ourselves and each of us prepared to turn round and help by our own efforts those who are unfortunate.

bit of context

• [IMG]

"There is no such thing as society".......There is living tapestry of men and women and people and the beauty of that tapestry and the quality of our lives will depend upon how much each of us is prepared to take responsibility for ourselves and each of us prepared to turn round and help by our own efforts those who are unfortunate.

bit of context

Sounds like the typical Ayn Randian BS.

Marge Thatch gets the Balzak

Rest in Pieces

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The only thing that has slightly tempered my joy about this skidmark on the y-fronts of humanity passing is the blanket wall to wall coverage everywhere of her death. The number of years she's been teetering on the edge has resulted in far, far, too many archived interviews and reports that the news channels feel the need to now make use of. She's dead, let's do a little dance on her grave and move on already.

• Junior said:
    The only thing that has slightly tempered my joy about this skidmark on the y-fronts of humanity passing is the blanket wall to wall coverage everywhere of her death. The number of years she's been teetering on the edge has resulted in far, far, too many archived interviews and reports that the news channels feel the need to now make use of. She's dead, let's do a little dance on her grave and move on already.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/conservatives-outraged-over-cnn-photo-thatch

I think fans of the child molester should also be outraged.

Hilarious! Kudos to whoever picked this shot.

Some true comedy gold in the comments "show me a picture of two people who screw miners" takes the price.

• Thymebomb13 said:
    http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/conservatives-outraged-over-cnn-photo-thatch

I think fans of the child molester should also be outraged.

They spent like 10 consecutive Christmases together, as Savile claimed many times in print, so that photo isn't even taken out of context.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    "They better make her grave piss proof."

ha! did someone write that on here? or did PatrickCrazy spend all day yesterday getting shat on in multiple music boards?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" reached #54 on the Amazon and iTunes download chart within a few hours of her death. Fact.

:-)

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    skel said:
    "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" reached #54 on the Amazon and iTunes download chart within a few hours of her death. Fact.

:-)

Currently #2 in the iTunes chart.

• she was leaning to the left during her later years.

well, during the stroke at least

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Glenda Jackson straight bodied that shit.