RIP Margaret Thatcher

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    apologies for thinking it's inappropriate to rejoice in anyone's death. will revise thinking to fit in with the soulstrut massive.

On the other hand, you could simply accept that maybe you've misjudged the mood and fall the fuck back.

When Castro dies, I'll pay for your plane ticket to Miami on the condition you publicly wag your finger at anyone and everyone you see celebrating his death. You'll have to take care of your own medical bills, I'm afraid.

And once more, for emphasis; you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    apologies for thinking it's inappropriate to rejoice in anyone's death. will revise thinking to fit in with the soulstrut massive.

What you should be thinking is that it's inappropriate for you to berate other people for not sharing your opinion.

• RIP Cher. Some confusion going on in Twitterland stateside.

#nowthatchersdead

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/A-Lot-Of-People-On-Twitter-Think-Cher-s-Dead-4417624.php

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    SP 1200 said:
    RIP Cher. Some confusion going on in Twitterland stateside.

#nowthatchersdead

LOL.

I notice the Graun hasn't opened comments on Thatcher. Moderator would be working overtime.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ok so let me get this straight. it's somehow been decided that i have no idea what i'm talking about even though i haven't expressed an opinion on the lady at all. i can only assume is because i don't live there or have been somehow once again been assumed to not agree with the consensus view in this thread. does that mean i can yell and swear at any non-americans who post in american political threads or people i disagree with? just checking.

• @Duderonomy There'd be no bandwidth left on the internet if so.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts

• DFTT

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    ok so let me get this straight. i have no idea what i'm talking about because i don't live there? just checking.

fixed

• minimini 879 Posts
    FINALLY!

• when the soviets nickname you "the iron lady", you've got one hell of a resume

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    ok so let me get this straight. it's somehow been decided that i have no idea what i'm talking about even though i haven't expressed an opinion on the lady at all. i can only assume is because i don't live there or have been somehow once again been assumed to not agree with the consensus view in this thread. does that mean i can yell and swear at any non-americans who post in american political threads or people i disagree with? just checking.

No, you've got that wrong already.

DJBombjack said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    ok so let me get this straight. i have no idea what i'm talking about because i don't live there? just checking.

fixed

I don't know his age, but most of Thatcher's, ahem, best work, was some time in the past. And dude is American, and to make a sweeping yet fairly accurate generalisation, not much beyond their own shores seems to matter. And why should it. They are teh greatest, after all.

But kudos for him showing enough interest to poast the thread.
    I really, really can't wait to return the favour for Cheney & Rumsfeld.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:

OK, first of all, let it be noted I'm addressing you directly, because your mealy-mouthed, passive-aggressive, to-no-one-in-particular moralising is for the fucking birds. Just know that, were I able, I would look you dead in the eye and say this exact same shit and walk away not giving a fuck what you thought of me. OK?

Now. For all you, me or anybody else knows, some people might have good reason to speak ill of the dead, and that's their business. After all, I don't imagine there'll be a lot of people in Miami wondering whether or not it's "appropriate" to celebrate when Fidel cashes his chips in. No, they'll be out on the streets in their tens of thousands, blasting car horns, letting off fireworks and generally making an unholy fucking row, and their motivation will be a matter for them and their conscience.

And that, my friends, is me done with this shit.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    DJBombjack said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

fixed

I don't know his age, but most of Thatcher's, ahem, best work, was some time in the past. And dude is American, and to make a sweeping yet fairly accurate generalisation, not much beyond their own shores seems to matter. And why should it. They are teh greatest, after all.

But kudos for him showing enough interest to poast the thread.
    I really, really can't wait to return the favour for Cheney & Rumsfeld.

I'm going to go with George Bush Sr

• Well done for having the gumption to start the thread. I contemplated an RIP post on my facebook to see what outrage it would generate but soon realised it probably wasn't worth the hassle.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    she's not worth it

Well, I'm off to the pub. I'll be toasting today's news with a glass of milk.

Cheers all.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    RIP

Nope. Goodness knows this dead person does not deserve better than the living.

Somewhere in the universe, a small but important tipping of the scales toward positive force has occurred.

• So what's with the milk thing? Apologies, I'm american and only american things matter because we, therefore I, rule, so I don't know about the milk thing. Shit got expensive under her I'm guessing?

I didn't get drunk when reagan died, and boy did he fuck the poor.
    Maybe you brits just do public figure deaths differently, Victoria and all that.

Whatever, it's cool. I find all of this interesting.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The Politics Of Politics All Comes Down To Whose Gore Is Being Oxed

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I am old enough to know she was an asshole. Asshole alive, asshole dead.

I like the britman strutters a lot, and they all seem pleased with this. As is Morrissey. And Billy Elliot. These are my people!

Music-wise, there's no contest. I don't even know what genre is Margaret Thatcher, but it definitely gotsta suck.

We're all going to die. It's nothing special. I don't think it's necessary to change the way you talk about someone after they die. Especially gnarly politicians.

Not trying too hard to redeem Amurka in this thread, other than to say I'll drink whatever I'm supposed to today (except milk I don't really drink milk bro c'mon).

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I've always wondered if Thatcher was really that person. Or if she was ampin' up everything just because she was a women trying to show dominance in a mans world. I don't ever wish death on people. But I can firmly say I never liked her...

In any case, it will be interesting to see what comes of the wiki dump for people like Thatcher and Kissinger.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/04/08/wikileaks_cable_captures_margaret_thatchers_meteoric_rise_in_1975

• DocMcCoy said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

OK, first of all, let it be noted I'm addressing you directly, because your mealy-mouthed, passive-aggressive, to-no-one-in-particular moralising is for the fucking birds. Just know that, were I able, I would look you dead in the eye and say this exact same shit and walk away not giving a fuck what you thought of me. OK?

Now. For all you, me or anybody else knows, some people might have good reason to speak ill of the dead, and that's their business. After all, I don't imagine there'll be a lot of people in Miami wondering whether or not it's "appropriate" to celebrate when Fidel cashes his chips in. No, they'll be out on the streets in their tens of thousands, blasting car horns, letting off fireworks and generally making an unholy fucking row, and their motivation will be a matter for them and their conscience.

And that, my friends, is me done with this shit.

But those Cubans in Miami don't have a conscience in the first place, they're just low-life crooks. Filth, or like Tony Montana used to say: cockroaches.