Tha Sneaker/Kick/Grown-Man-Shoe-Way Thread Part n

Comments

• vintageinfants said:

they come with mint colored laces to match the tags.

brought back from vegas.

can't decide between black or mint laces. hmmm

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    vintageinfants said:

they come with mint colored laces to match the tags.

brought back from vegas.

can't decide between black or mint laces. hmmm

Dope!

Can't go wrong with either lace colour given that the shoes are black. Black laces are safer obviously, but mint is funkier and would stand out more.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Black now, mint for Spring/Summer.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Herm said:
    parallax said:

That's cool.

The floral pants are pretty bold. What would you wear em with? The yellow brogues?

Not sure yet, when I tried 'em on originally (at the Trina Turk store in Palm Springs), I was wearing blue Prestos and a white v-neck. They looked pretty fly with that. They went on sale a few months later and I ordered them online. They need to be slimmed, hemmed and tapered up a little 'cause I ordered the wrong size up accidentally. (Fortunately, my lady's a seamstress so she's got it covered.) Definitely something simple, basic and subtly. Definitely NOT the brogues.

Hey Herm, the "V" brand had completely moved its production line to China. Hit me up on email if you wanna check out their new stuff.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Copped a set of vintage superstars at a garage sale hosted by an old school b-boy. Any idea of approximately what year these are? I'm guessing mid-late 80s considering the bugle boy shirt/pant set I got with them. Prize czech? eBay completed listings look promising but I can't find this exact pair.

The Heels thread is dead and not enough gals to start a new one. This thread has definitely expanded beyond just shoes, so I am posting this stupid thing which I want so bad and just happens to be....SEVEN FUCKING THOUSAND DOLLARS.
    Beyond stupid.

• i bumped that shit recently, to resounding chirps.

wifey sends me hella shoe pics from work, despite my protestations.

You got this bracelet?????? Are you asking me to jack your shit? :roar:

• nooooooo. but.... no hetero on 'jack your shit'.

i was sayin' i bumped the heels thread when i was bored like a month ago.

on the jewelry tip? if you simply like the way something looks, just have it custom made. for real for real tho. GF sent me a link for some $5600 ear cuff, i had duke replicate the shit for $65 all in. hero on a shoestring.

lol - Oh! lol I get it now. I missed the bump.

Who/what is duke and where can one find him/her?

• co-worker's sisters father in law. yeah, one of those.

if you're okay with it not being Cartier, ive got a bunch of 3 1/4" nails i can bend and hit with a splash of gold nail polish.

F Cartier and its price tag. I'm pretty sure your option will give me a rash.
    :(
    But Thank You.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    7 Gs?

Ill gold spray paint a rubberband.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Hit up a jeweler. They can make that for much, MUCH cheaper. (Dependent on the current price of gold, of course.) Put your initial or something on the head of the nail too. That's a super simple design.

I had a friend hook me up with a custom Dunny. Brass though, no way I was spending a whole lot for a gold one.

Nike LeBron X ???Ironman 3??? Custom for LeBron James

That monochromatic color combo (burgundy and/or purple and red) is so dope, but damn...enough with the "look at me, I'm dapper!" bowties already.

Those Iron Man customs are corny. Way too noisy.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    smh

Herm said:
    That monochromatic color combo (burgundy and/or purple and red) is so dope, but damn...enough with the "look at me, I'm dapper!" bowties already.

Those Iron Man customs are corny. Way too noisy.

I agree.

The suit color combo is nice....Wine/Burgundy/Eggplant?? with Thistle/Periwinkle/Orchid???

Louie the Lilac Steez!!!!

LeBron X are too bulky. Cute packaging.

Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    smh

You like those Iron Mans? Or do you wear bowties?

Men's clothes are in a much better place right now than what is out there for women.
    Designers I have loved for years, their past few collections have been either hideous or boring. Only bright lights are YSL and Gucci (now that Ford has left).

Even what's on the racks for mere peasants - what a disaster. I think I've bought less clothes in the past year than ever before - I kinda hate everything out there.
    I'm hanging up laundry last night and realizing a small dude can steal my clothes and he'd be set.

*cue "Thrift Store" song*

Press Stop, take the tape out and stamp on it with your feet.

Also-since bed bugs have taken over the world, I am not fucking with anything like that at all.

'Member the bed bugs thread that was like a 10-pager? I still don't understand the phenomenon. I've stayed in many hotels (some fancy, some shady, most average) over the years AND have come up on some fly clothes at thrifts/antique stores, yet I have never ever come across bed bugs.

Maybe bed bugs don't like the desert? Just thought of that. It's possible. Maybe they only live in cooler temperatures? Or maybe they're scared of our scorpions.

• bassie said:
    lol - Oh! lol I get it now. I missed the bump.

Who/what is duke and where can one find him/her?

go east on lawrence and make a left on bathurst. you'll find a jeweler or two hundred.

check out some Vitaly wood/brass rings for some canadian come ups. there's been a tonne of them and house of harlow pieces ending up bedside lately.

Am familiar with that strip for sure (live at Jane and Lawrence) - but it's like going to get your haircut with someone new, you need a reference!
    My GF used to work at a jewelers in the HNR Tower behind Yonge/Dundas Sq - I'll ask her, too.

I am familiar with HOH, I like some of their things, just not on me. I don't really wear too much jewelry, to be honest. I like really simple stuff...and I wasn't even joking about the rash - I react really badly to costume shit...which is too bad cause I can't afford the $7K it takes to wear the real shit!

vintageinfants said:

This must be a gal of leisure - I use my hands way too much to have my fingers restricted like that.*

(*message to you know who you are- don't)

• ill ball when it's necessary, but $5k ear cuffs and $3k bright green handbags get the gasface. jewelry gets commissioned and handbags catch the A+++ replica. you will never catch me buying something you carry around on your wrist that costs the same as a month in costa rica surfing. even if i had the means, it just defies all of my personal rules.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    batmon said:
    Nike LeBron X ???Ironman 3??? Custom for LeBron James

Shoes are fugly as hell. Nike has a great sense of humour.

Dude looks dapper though. That look is so much better than the old "pants on the ground, pants on the ground" look.