How does Kanye dig?

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
does he just walk into SPOTS?[/b] does he have someone dig for him?does he have SPOTS[/b] closed for a private digging?does he have dealers come to his home to show him some "breaks,samples,loops"?does he just bid on ebay? where would he have the records shipped? He's hardly homeis he in "the program"?i'm very curious........

Comments

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Probably in the "Program" since he lives about 4 minutes away from Kevin!

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    SPOTS?[/b]

SPOTS[/b]

You're walking on shaky ground....

• He picks out a comfotable sweater and matching jewelry, than he picks up John Legend and they walk about while listening to Sylvesters greatest hits and sharing Peach Cobbler.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Kanye indeed has someone who digs for him... I know him personally (I think Legend knows him too). I'm not sayin' no names, though.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I think I know him too!

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    In a recent interview in german Juice mag Kayne says that he has no "romantic relationship" with vinyl and samples from cd and loves is.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I think I know him too!

You probably do, Preme. I hear somebody we all know recently got a gig doing the same thing for Dre... just rumours, as usual, but from a reliable source. Wellll... actually from the same person who first told me that Large Pro did the "T.R.O.Y." beat, so who knows if it's really a reliable source or not!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• ericeric 155 Posts
    from what i heard he cop cds,he doesn't care 'bout vinyl can we call that diggin? cd digger?

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Is there anyone on this board who DOESN'T want to suck Kanye's dick?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

me, i only want to play with his balls...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Kayne strikes as the type of dude that would throw a fit if you started digging in the crate next to his

Kayne: "Hey, that's not cool man! You have to wait until I'm done looking!"

So he's a backpacking digger, huh?

• I remember reading somewhere that he (or a rep) will buy huge lots of LP's, 45's on ebay and then sift through the mess for a, uhh, decent sample.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    from what i heard he cop cds,he doesn't care 'bout vinyl can we call that diggin? cd digger?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts

LOL

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I read an interview where he said that by this point he has accumulated so many records that he doesn't need to dig anymore, he just goes through the stuff he's got. From the looks of this thread I guess that he was just talkin again.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Wasn't he on the cover of Scratch with his $15 Marvin Gaye albums or something?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Wasn't he on the cover of Scratch with his $15 SAYER[/b] albums or something?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I read an interview where he said that by this point he has accumulated so many records that he doesn't need to dig anymore, he just goes through the stuff he's got.

He said that in the Scratch Magazine interview, i believe it too,he doesn't use the raerest of samples.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I read an interview where he said that by this point he has accumulated so many records that he doesn't need to dig anymore, he just goes through the stuff he's got.

He said that in the Scratch Magazine interview, i believe it too,he doesn't use the raerest of samples.

He might not dig anymore, but I believe the heads in this thread that said he's got people doing it for him. I don't believe that he isn't accumulating new music on the regular. I is just speculating tho.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Kayne strikes as the type of dude that would throw a fit if you started digging in the crate next to his

Weirdly enough, that reminded me of Carlton Banks. Who, in turn, reminds me of Kanye West with the Polo shirts (and they both have a mustach).

Weirdly enough, that reminded me of Carlton Banks. Who, in turn, reminds me of Kanye West with the Polo shirts (and they both have a mustach).

And they are both