New DjDay!

Comments

• Leave it alone, guys. Just this once. Trust me, it'll work.

• 4YearGraduate said:
    62 lps left

Thank you for the update! Just nabbed some copies and a deluxe package of The Mop. Sorry y'allz - hibernation nation.

Congratulations, D****n!!! I already know this will out do The Day Before. So happy for you and the PL70 famalams! Please, come and visit NYC and the East Coast to support your release.

T H A N K Y O U ! ! !

As an aside: Should I hold out for the record to arrive and enjoy it loud on a system with a nice beverage or listen to it on iTunes with headphones and spoil it like opening gifts on Christmas Eve?

• YuqqaYuqqa 15 Posts
    Thanks guys for congratulations and support. I updated my speakers yesterday and wow! This record really sounds astonishing. Great video btw!

• empanadamn said:

As an aside: Should I hold out for the record to arrive and enjoy it loud on a system with a nice beverage or listen to it on iTunes with headphones and spoil it like opening gifts on Christmas Eve?

I waited for the lp to arrive and it was worth it. There's something very ritualistic about putting a record on the turntable for the first time. To me it's always more memorable than headphones/iphone.

I did, however, transfer this shit to my phone with the quickness once I had listened to the vinyl. This album is magic on headphones in transit around town.

I'm putting together a full song by song review that I'll post up soon. I would love to read something similar from anyone else that's enjoying the album.

Thanks again Thes and Day. This shit rules.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    although i did not do a song by song in my online review
    i will pos one here once my copy arrives

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Lifestyle Marketing is growing on me as well.....

• I know I speak for Day as well at how humbing the response has been to this record. I don't want to diminish the backstory by telling it piecemeal but here's one interesting fact:

Here's a list of songs that were not supposed to be on the album or didn't exist prior to the final tracking sessions:
    5. Daddy's Home
    13. Hopefully
    14. Green Fin
    15. W-E-L-O-V-E (was a totally different beat)

so, yeah, theres that. Daddy's Home (the part with Damien singing) was sitting buried in a session on his hard drive and, he can correct me if i'm wrong but IIRC he had NO intention of releasing that originally. Cant believe a dude who can sing that good would be self conscious of his singing.

also, theres the unreleased photo shoot:

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Lifestyle Marketing is growing on me as well.....

A lot of the songs from Land of 1,000 Chances had a vibe that I thought sounded familiar to me and a couple days ago I revisited Lifestyle Marketing with this in mind. I came away thinking that perhaps "Partir" and "W-E-L-O-V-E" had some musical similarities as LM (maybe that was just the vocal samples?). In the end, though, Day's tracks just sounded familiar to me without me even hearing them before. PURE COMFORT B/W BASS PURITY

• 4YearGraduate said:
    also, theres the unreleased photo shoot:

Would rather get polaroids of these than the dog, DOGG. ??QUE GUAPO! ????????AYIII~!!!

• empanadamn said:

Would rather get polaroids of these than the dog, DOGG. ??QUE GUAPO! ????????AYIII~!!!

Ha ha!

If it's okay with Thes, anybody wanna hook me up with the Lifestyle Marketing album? I own it (I swear I do...bought it on the release date!) but it's buried somewhere in stack of a couple thousands of CDs in storage tubs.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    i wanted to chime in and say i was able to check the album out early this morning. great way to start the day.
    what hit me initally was the song order and musical flow. very well thought out. i almost stopped trying to figure out when a song ended and new one began. just needed to let it ride. i was expecting it to be sequenced well, as day is a great dj, but it exceeded my expectations.
    thes , i really dig your mixdown. single LP albums arent known to knock or have much in the bottom end dept, but each song has that low end weight, as well as some crispy up top.

glad to own a copy. i see this getting a lot of run.

by the way, thanks for the quick shipment

• tomorrow night

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    For real, though, you dudes need to hit the idyllic hamlet of New York, New York.

• [color:white]
    "master your sexy" [/color]

• Great album, listening for the second time on Rdio. I want to cop this on vinyl, the production and sound is awesome. Well done, feelin it.

• 4YearGraduate said:

;-)

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Herm said:
    4YearGraduate said:

;-)

Hah, I checked in for about 3 mins & there was at least one lady (scratching on the 1's & 2's nonetheless) in the house.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:

so many stories so much to tell. There is a strutter who has tentatively signed on to do a Documentary on the whole backstory so i'm gonna stay tight-lipped for a second on it, but its gonna be awesome.

Going down?

It would be great if Day could do a strut post on the album. Influences, equipment used, any popeyes side orders consumed during the making, etc etc etc.

I remember the first time I heard Mama Shelter on here. It gave me a feeling of Ryo Fukui's Early Summer.

I really wish the warm weather was here. The album is something I'd really love to play while laying on the grass in the park looking up at the sun.

C'est la vie. Not much longer til spring...

• Album check, glasses check. Lovin it.
    Attached files

• Listened between Phoenix and Sedona.
    I'm a sucker for great drums with thick bass coming in underneath,
    So this shit was like made for me.
    It reminds me of another certain "DJ"...
    If said DJ was still making great music.

You can tell a lot of care went into this,
    That always means new things revealed after repeated listening to me.

Nice work!

• The video has just crossed 101,000 views and has continued to stay in the iTunes charts:

I just want to sincerely thank everyone on here for their support and well-wishes on this album. This is Strut fam history here.

Kind Cromang, PCMR, Day and all the rest. Bringing The Mop and this album to fruition have been two of the most heartening experiences i've had here, along with HeatRocks and all the other good shit that has come from this rag tag bunch of nerds. LOVE.

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:

Ahh, bugger.
    I am flying to LA THIS weekend. It's in stock at Amoeba, right?
    It's usually my first stop after leaving LAX.

• yes sir, Amoeba has it in stock!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    The video has just crossed 101,000 views and has continued to stay in the iTunes charts:

I just want to sincerely thank everyone on here for their support and well-wishes on this album. This is Strut fam history here.

Kind Cromang, PCMR, Day and all the rest. Bringing The Mop and this album to fruition have been two of the most heartening experiences i've had here, along with HeatRocks and all the other good shit that has come from this rag tag bunch of nerds. LOVE.

100,000 plus views = crazy... congrats!

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    The video has just crossed 101,000 views and has continued to stay in the iTunes charts:

It's easy to whole-heartedly support a project when it sounds this good.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I've taken some breaks and listened to other stuff, but have gone back to this several times since i got it and it's better each time.

• b/w

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !