What's Your Happiest Song Ever.

Comments

• coquicoqui 42 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    Dam I'm in a great mood now.

That coke escovedo song is a big 10-4 from me.

Yes! And on his Comin' At Ya! album, it transitions from "Runaway" straight into that tune, and it always sounds great!

• This song reminds me of where I met my wife at her job at New York Deli! Instead of Angelina, the Mrs. is Andrea!

• "our day will come" by ruby & the romantics.

peace, stein. . .

• Impossible to pick just one "happiest ever," but this immediately came to mind:

• Although the song title doesn't necessarily exude the happiest of thoughts...its an instrumental, so the mood behind the meaning is up to speculation, I guess. But anyway, this tune farts rainbows and belches puppies and sunbeams to my ears. Makes me smile.
    Hugh Masekela "Long Ways From Home"

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Along with Minnie Riperton's version.

• spirit_of_66 said:
    Impossible to pick just one "happiest ever," but this immediately came to mind:

Yes! That's on my Chow Mei Funk mix on the homepage.

• Isn't she lovely

Sir Duke

Groovy Situation

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Like Lay's, I can't choose just one: most of Kool & The Gang's output, classic breaks which are feel-good tunes as well ("Catch A Groove" and "Hector", namely) and this euphoric one from Ice aka Lafayette Afro-Rock Band which I posted in another thread recently.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    My wife walked down the aisle to Otis Redding - Cigarettes and Coffee.
    Our first dance was James Brown - I Love You for Sentimental Reasons

Either of those will always get me.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    I couldn't possibly narrow it down to one, but this one lights me up like a Christmas tree.

• third world

"try jah love"

peace, stein. . .

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Dunno about Happiest...too hard to pick a number one.

This one always puts me in a good mood:

EDIT:

Love this one even more, as of late...

• Credit to Matthew Africa for putting me onto this one.

Edit: I dont know how to embed :(

• GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
    Somewhere along the vinyl trail I happened upon a song called, to the best of my recollection:

"All Ye Terriers"

I want to say it is by Eddy Arnold, but that's not right because I just saw Eddy Arnold on the RSD list. And, the song is an old english tune or Irish jig. Anyway, i think it is more joyful than boogie Woogie bugle boys, do your ear hang low, ect. Because it is like a march miniature. Frequently I make up my own words and sing this tune to Harley D(og) and myself as we make our way around the arboretum.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Zion Chant by Judy Mowatt

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are some happy joints (off the head):

cosign on "Wouldn't Change a Thing" (Coke Escovedo).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• i don't know about "happy", but this never fails to cheer me up:

• always happy to hear this one:

:happyday:

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I prefer this version, but both are good examples of happy songs.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    This one always does it for me, it's very Happy:

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I have to go with something by Leroy Burgess. The man oozes happiness and most of the tracks he made are pure joy. His interview on Red Bull Music Academy is a must see. You can see his character reflected in his music. While playing his tracks off CD for the attendees, he springs from his chair and starts singing along and walking around the room. Amazing.

• today, unsure about my happiest song ever