What Records Are at the Deck's Right Now?

Comments

• it has kinda been filtered down to a 'baby likes' playlist recently.
    'All Blues' made her down toys and stare at the speaker for most of the track.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Henry's Angels? I see you, Harvey.

45s:

Sly & The Family Stone - "Family Affair"

Frankie Beverly's Raw Soul - "People In The Know"

LPs:

Kindness - World You Need A Change Of Mind

David Sylvian - Brilliant Trees

Ducktails - The Flower Lane

Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes - Greatest Hits

The Meters - Cabbage Alley

Bonus--come get this heartbreak:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    james said:

Bonus--come get this heartbreak:

Great thread idea.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Attached files

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    james said:
    Henry's Angels? I see you, Harvey.

Yes. But do you see Spacemen 3?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Les Femmes - Yes, you thrill me

• sipping coffee with mother natures son (gets me grounded), everytbodys got something to hide... (gets me hype) , and sexy sadie. also some brazilian Neil from Som recommended to me last summer and some boops

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    sipping coffee with mother natures son (gets me grounded), everytbodys got something to hide... (gets me hype) , and sexy sadie. also some brazilian Neil from Som recommended to me last summer and some boops

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    SmallAxeRick said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Hell yes to the fIREHOSE.

Hell yes to TSJ.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

From a few days ago. Was listening to this Tom Waits. Does the strut ride?
    I collect old record store bags. JC Penney 7" bag, Columbia 7" bag from SAmmy's House Of Bargains in downtown Portland, Woolworth 10" Record Department bag, "Famous and popular brands all speeds".

If you have old record store bags and don't want them, send em my way.
    If you collect em, post em up.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I finally bought that Light In The Attic repress of the first Thin Lizzy album. Sounds way better than the mp3's I have.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Logg S/t on the left, Ms. Sharon Ridley's Full Moon on the right

• Day's 1000 Chances is on my table this very moment. Three songs in and its, honestly amazing.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Mike_Bell said:

"...You got that something that something, that keeps me going, on and on and on..." :real_headz:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts

• Left: Modulations 'Who's Going To Lose' 45, in a shall I ebay this or not kind of way, and various 45's.

Right: Brian Auger's Oblivion Express ?????? Second Wind, mainly Freedom Jazz Dance for the jamming along with new guitar situation.

bennyboy said:

Left: Modulations 'Who's Going To Lose' 45, in a shall I ebay this or not kind of way, and various 45's.

Right: Brian Auger's Oblivion Express ?????? Second Wind, mainly Freedom Jazz Dance for the jamming along with new guitar situation.

"Second wiiiiiiiiiinnnnnd.....second wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin.". I love that LP!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Mike_Bell said:

"...You got that something that something, that keeps me going, on and on and on..." :real_headz:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    Yes sir!!! That will never get old.

That's the joint, Mike. I blended it in on my Soul Strut Mix-Off joint.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    and

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

One of the few zodiac-themed records that is actually worth listening to. I was surprised when I heard that fuzz beat RZA used on 'Liquid Swords'

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

"Believe in me today / remember me tomorrow..."

Little records:

Glen Miller - "Dungeon"
    Jeannette - "Porque Te Vas"
    Stevie Wonder - "Overjoyed"

Big records:

Jasper Wrath - Jasper Wrath
    The Fall - Dragnet
    Curtis Mayfield - "Baby It's You"
    Krewe Of Eris - Krewe Of Eris
    Peter Jacques Band - Fire Night Dance
    Coalkitchen - Thirsty Or Not...
    Inc. - No World
    Day - Land Of 1000 Chances
    Iggy & The Stooges - Rough Power EP

Been a long day.

• james said:

That's my jam!

:beerbang:

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    It's been a long time since I put this on, which is a crime. So good.

TheKindCromang said:
    james said:

That's my jam!
    Yeah, the little-girl vocals can be a little hard to take, but those last sixty seconds, oh lord. The recording is just wet.

A few years ago, soulstrut's own rape_donkeys put "Porque Te Vas" on something, which is where I first heard it. My copy is some homely German golden-oldies twofer, though, whereas I have a vague memory of his being considerably more dread--it was like some extra-French soundtrack picture-cover EP with a raven on it or some shit.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    james said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    james said:

That's my jam!
    Yeah, the little-girl vocals can be a little hard to take, but those last sixty seconds, oh lord. The recording is just wet.

A few years ago, soulstrut's own rape_donkeys put "Porque Te Vas" on something, which is where I first heard it. My copy is some homely German golden-oldies twofer, though, whereas I have a vague memory of his being considerably more dread--it was like some extra-French soundtrack picture-cover EP with a raven on it or some shit.

it was in the spanish movie Cria Cuervos, one of the most gut wrenchingly depressing films you'll ever see. In the middle of this insanely bleak movie there's this scene where the girls (the main characters in the film) put it on and have a little party:

this was how I learned about this song, and I love it. Took me a few years to find the 7", only because I didn't want to buy it on ebay since it's a pretty common record in Europe. Not sure if it became a hit because of this movie or if it was well known before then. I'll always associate this funky little song to the deepest kind of existential dread because of that movie tho.

• I've been playing this record a ton lately. Love this jam