Pot Pies... yay or nay?

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited August 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
No, sir... I don't like them.

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    COMEDY I just watched that same episode yesterday with the likkle dudes.

Mmm....I gotta concur with Mr. Most. Sometimes they're good most times it's just not my thing.
    Pie is for sweets not meats! (insert own joke here)

• chicken pot pies are SLAMMIN.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Pie is for sweets not meats!

I'm generally in agreement... but where does quiche fit in here??

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    depends...

shitty microwavable ones from the supermarket are no go, but hit up a local spot like one here called Claudia Sanders Dinner House (started by Col. Sanders' dime piece after he passed) and the shit is off the chain, yeast rolls and all...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    nay, but yay to chicken and dumplings.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

WINNER

• WINNER

Indeed...can we get that added to the graemlin section for all future pot-pie threads???

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    SD got the bomb pot pie spot! Mini pot pies kick arse!! But give me gas

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    One day like five years ago I made one of those pot pies joints and after it was done, for some stupid reason I wanted it out of the little tin thing so I put my hand on top on it and turned it upside down and tried to shake it out... well, the gravy poured out and burned the hell out of my hand...

I learned that A&D ointment is good for burns??? that was the last one I had.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    hell yay.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

Marie Callender's pot pies...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Yay, I like the Amy's veggie pot pies. Dinner for under 3 bucks? Yes plaese.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Pot pies rock - I made a huge, casserole-sized one earlier this year, just to try it and it was actually relatively simple. It's a lot of prep time in terms of cutting up vegetables and pre-boiling the chicken. I cheated by using a puff pastry sheet instead of doing a topping from scratch but that was just too much trouble for me.

It was very tasty though and healthier than you'd think.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Can we please not refer to chicken pot pie establishments as "spots?" This seems to imply some sort of secret knowledge of a covert distribution of fresh-baked goodness, and is not a good look for the board in general. Come on, people.

Can we please not refer to chicken pot pie establishments as "spots?" This seems to imply some sort of secret knowledge of a covert distribution of fresh-baked goodness, and is not a good look for the board in general. Come on, people.

How about 'pots?

• i like pot and i like pie so i'm gonna have to say yes. though seems like you are all talking about something else.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo Phill,

This is only the 2nd time we've disagreed. I loved me some chicken pot pies as a kid, bruh!!!! Swanson killed them!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Yo Phill,

This is only the 2nd time we've disagreed. I loved me some chicken pot pies as a kid, bruh!!!! Swanson killed them!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

What else did we disagree on, Jay-Z, right? Don't worry, I came to my senses. You were right, he IS garbage.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo Phill,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

What else did we disagree on, Jay-Z, right? Don't worry, I came to my senses. You were right, he IS garbage.

What??????

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Man pot pies is the truth! On a cold december night they hit the spot.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

you want some big boy?

Man pot pies is the truth! On a cold december night they hit the spot.

Keep in mind, it's not "spot".

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

No, sir... I don't like them.

duuuuude!

I must say this exact phrase two or three times a month and I have yet to encounter someone who knows what the hell I'm talking about.

In any case, until I went veg, potpies were on steady rotation. The trick is you have to have the patience to bake them, kill all that microwave noise. Plus them shits is maaaad cheap. I hope nobody who was raised in the midwest is disrispecfellatin' potpies, cause they are the gospel truth of quick meals 'round these parts.

On a side note, I just saw this really disturbing commercial warning people not to cook when you're intoxicated and it reminded me of a friend of mine who came back from the bar, put a pizze in the oven and fell asleep on the foor. Hommie woke up with black smoke curling out of the stove.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

WINNER

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Pot Pies are good, but I gotta have an actual real one - none of this frozen business. The girlfriends mom makes real good ones with the leftover thanksgiving turkey. yummmm....

hey, anyone ever had those really ghetto frozen ones in "beef" flavor? ewwww! I never tried one, but my dad ate them when I was a kid. Always looked like dog food to me.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    hey, anyone ever had those really ghetto frozen ones in "beef" flavor? ewwww! I never tried one, but my dad ate them when I was a kid. Always looked like dog food to me.

A CHILDHOOD THAT FEATURED MANY OF THESE FOR DINNER IS THE REASON THAT I DO NOT LIKE POT PIES TO THIS DAY

• If you looked at my diet on a pot pie chart,I believe,Mrs Marie Callendars Chicken Pot Pies would be running shit!In close second -Gordos Burritos.