DJ Shadow booted during his set for being 'too difficult'

1235»

Comments

• See the size of that bronze bunny rabbit right behind Harv? Typically, there'd be like 8-12 statues and busted white bitches all that size surrounding him at all times.

Nothing fantasy about it.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    What's your problem, new dude?

• lionel richie hawtin said:

See the size of that bronze bunny rabbit right behind Harv? Typically, there'd be like 8-12 statues and busted white bitches all that size surrounding him at all times.

Haha

• Confirms my belief that Shadow is waaaay overrated and his fan base of nerdy white guys are not the "Mansion" types.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

See the size of that dude right behind Screw? Typically, there'd be like 8-12 dudes all that size surrounding Screw at all times.

How do you know that's a dude?

Could easily be a large Marge.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Yeah, that ain't muscle for sure. Soft elbows, too...

• This thread is great.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    countmacula said:
    Confirms my belief that Shadow is waaaay overrated and his fan base of nerdy white guys are not the "Mansion" types.

That's an astute observation, sir. I can't speak to the Mansion, but I can equate it to the clubs here which are frequented by rednecks and the kind of ladies in Harv's picture, en masse. Imagine a group of ladies like the above pictured (presumibly the staff of an insurance company) walking by your set up and saying, "I didn't kniow we were in the ghetto,"I didn't know we were on the north side,"I wish this guy would play some real music," etc, as "James Brown "Big Payback" is playing loud in the club. i didn't take the insults personnal, as I believe they were idling while their order of cheese sticks were frying in the kitchen.

• forgive my ignorance as i don't know a whole lot about dj shadow but.....

do people dance when dj shadow djs? if not then why is being booked at a dance club in miami?

if people are not dancing to your shit then what the f*ck is it a listening party?

gtfohwtbs "dj" shadow is wack lol

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I can't remember what she was on about - remind me.

I mean it could be a heartfelt breakdown of why Number One Stunna should get played instead of Still Fly or a drunken ramble on why John Meyer belongs on everyone's set list.

bassie said:

I can't remember what she was on about - remind me.

I mean it could be a heartfelt breakdown of why Number One Stunna should get played instead of Still Fly or a drunken ramble on why John Meyer belongs on everyone's set list.

It was the party is about to end, I'm now stupid drunk and haven't yet tried to dance all night like everyone else at the party already has, and would you please play some dance music aka one of the 3 Michael Jackson and/or New Order songs that I've ever been willing to dance to. I remember her being especially pissed that I played a pitched up Satisfaction by Devo (that I wasn't really intending as a dance song, more of a can this be my last song before I pack up and leave song) and the dude who hired me happened to be walking by right then as she was bitching about what in the world is this, to which he said C'MON, THAT'S GREAT, IT'S DEVO. Anyway...

I also remember she was pissed that I played Bohannon's Theme...basically because it wasn't something she recognized...and despite that half of the party was on the dancefloor jamming out to it.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Mansion have issued an official apology, apparently...

Mansion Nightclub, Miami:

???We offer our most sincere apologies to DJ Shadow and his fans for his set being cut short at Mansion this past weekend. This error should not have happened and will not happen again, especially as we pride ourselves on creating an environment that cultivates and respects innovators such as DJ Shadow. We have learned a lot from this error and made changes within our organization to ensure that Mansion???s vision, and the vision of our guests, will never be compromised again.???

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    staxwax said:
    Mansion have issued an official apology, apparently...

Mansion Nightclub, Miami:

???We offer our most sincere apologies to DJ Shadow and his fans for his set being cut short at Mansion this past weekend. This error should not have happened and will not happen again, especially as we pride ourselves on creating an environment that cultivates and respects innovators such as DJ Shadow. We have learned a lot from this error and made changes within our organization to ensure that Mansion???s vision, and the vision of our guests, will never be compromised again.???

"made changes within our organization" - told you, someone got fired...

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    DJBombjack said:

"made changes within our organization" - told you, someone got fired...

Funny shit! Would they have done this to the Human Race?

• Watching Strutters dissect the clubs, crowds, and policies of big room venues when it comes to things like this is like watching the 'double rainbow' guy every time.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    knewjak said:

If anything, I think dude has gotten free publicity off this.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    lionel richie hawtin said:

Just ONE Piss sample,CMON!.

• I finally got around to listening to this set. I don't think it's so bad--especially not the first 20 minutes--but I guess they couldn't be patient and let it build/go somewhere.

And yes, towards the end, he plays "Organ Donor," so even Shadow fanboys would've been pleased.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    I finally got around to listening to this set. I don't think it's so bad--especially not the first 20 minutes--but I guess they couldn't be patient and let it build/go somewhere.

And yes, towards the end, he plays "Organ Donor," so even Shadow fanboys would've been pleased.

It's an interesting set, but the styles are definitely all over the place.

I could easily see this upsetting the bottle service crowd though.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    It's headphone music, for the most part, and that crowd probably wants Deadmau5, LMFAO, etc.

• hogginthefogg said:
    I finally got around to listening to this set. I don't think it's so bad--especially not the first 20 minutes--but I guess they couldn't be patient and let it build/go somewhere.

i like it

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Florida Clubs & DJ Shadow sets go together like oil and water. What did he expect?