all bullshit aside...yes, more Kanye

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
IN FIVE YEARS....[/b] the truth..beaniethis cant be life...jay ztakeover..jay zizzo...jay zheart of the city....jay znever change....jay znothin like it...beanie nowhere to go...state propbonnie clyde 03...jay zpoppin tags....jay za dream...jay zsome people hate...jay zdead or alive....camronB r right...trinaguess whos back....scarfacein cold blood...scarfacechampions....dame dashget by...talib kwelimuzik....knocturnalknock knock...monicaencore...jay zlucifer...jay zstand up...ludacrisu dont know my name...alicia keysun casa....diplomatsdogs out....dmxdoin my job...TImy baby...janet jacksonturn out lights..freewayhear the song...freewaythrow your hands...mobb deeptalk about our love.....brandyselfish..??...slum village ???used to love you...j legendnumber one..j legendanother summer...213i changed my mind..keyshia coleovernight celebrity...twistaslow jamz..twistagettin it in..jadakissthis way ..dilatedhigher...do or diedown and out...camronstay the night...mariahdreams...gamecommon...be college dropoutlate registration and this is just off the top of my head.........G.O.A.T????[/b]

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    IN FIVE YEARS....[/b]
    the truth..beanie
    this cant be life...jay z
    izzo...jay z
    B r right...trina
    guess whos back....scarface
    never change....jay z
    and this is just off the top of my head.........G.O.A.T????[/b]

• good points ed. but hes still no comp for the netunes in terms of charters. peace, stein.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    but hes still no comp for the netunes in terms of charters.

i agree...Neptunes are really the only other post 2000 producers that can fuck with Kanye ...Timbaland was there but not anymore...and this Late Registration cd may have put Kanye past Pharell and the Asian dude...

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    IN FIVE YEARS....[/b]
    the truth..beanie
    takeover..jay z
    izzo...jay z
    heart of the city....jay z
    never change....jay z
    nothin like it...beanie
    nowhere to go...state prop
    bonnie clyde 03...jay z
    poppin tags....jay z
    a dream...jay z
    some people hate...jay z
    dead or alive....camron
    B r right...trina
    in cold blood...scarface
    champions....dame dash
    get by...talib kweli
    muzik....knocturnal
    knock knock...monica
    encore...jay z
    lucifer...jay z
    stand up...ludacris
    u dont know my name...alicia keys
    un casa....diplomats
    dogs out....dmx
    doin my job...TI
    my baby...janet jackson
    turn out lights..freeway
    hear the song...freeway
    throw your hands...mobb deep
    talk about our love.....brandy
    selfish..??...slum village ???
    used to love you...j legend
    number one..j legend
    another summer...213
    i changed my mind..keyshia cole
    overnight celebrity...twista
    slow jamz..twista
    gettin it in..jadakiss
    this way ..dilated
    higher...do or die
    down and out...camron
    stay the night...mariah
    dreams...game
    common...be
    college dropout
    late registration

Nah,but he's getting there though

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

i agree...Neptunes are really the only other post 2000 producers that can fuck with Kanye ...Timbaland was there but not anymore...

Are you serious? JUST BLAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

i agree...Neptunes are really the only other post 2000 producers that can fuck with Kanye ...Timbaland was there but not anymore...and this Late Registration cd may have put Kanye past Pharell and the Asian dude...
    timbaland and the neptunes have come up with more original shit than kanye ever will

• the Asian dude...
    lol, stein. . .

VERY inconsistent lately....one of my favorite producers but he's not even better than Jay Dee if you ask me

timbaland and the neptunes have come up with more original shit than kanye ever will

Very True

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    IN FIVE YEARS....[/b]
    the truth..beanie
    takeover..jay z
    izzo...jay z
    heart of the city....jay z
    never change....jay z
    nothin like it...beanie
    bonnie clyde 03...jay z
    poppin tags....jay z
    a dream...jay z
    some people hate...jay z
    dead or alive....camron
    B r right...trina
    in cold blood...scarface
    champions....dame dash
    get by...talib kweli
    muzik....knocturnal
    knock knock...monica
    encore...jay z
    lucifer...jay z
    stand up...ludacris
    u dont know my name...alicia keys
    un casa....diplomats
    dogs out....dmx
    doin my job...TI
    my baby...janet jackson
    turn out lights..freeway
    hear the song...freeway
    throw your hands...mobb deep
    talk about our love.....brandy
    selfish..??...slum village ???
    used to love you...j legend
    number one..j legend
    another summer...213
    i changed my mind..keyshia cole
    overnight celebrity...twista
    slow jamz..twista
    gettin it in..jadakiss
    this way ..dilated
    higher...do or die
    down and out...camron
    stay the night...mariah
    dreams...game
    common...be
    college dropout
    late registration

So this again brings up the question about ghost producers. Is it even humanly possible to come up with so much heat in five years? And have a highly successful solo rap career as well? I mean, that's a LOT of producing going on, mane! Plus you're boning models, partying, doing angry interviews, going on shopping sprees and buying tight, colorful sweaters and pretty jewelry... are there really enough hours in a day for all of this? I dunno, manye. Dude is dope to me, though.

Plus you're boning male[/b] models

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

some people hate...jay z
    B r right...trina

• lets be truthfull. the guy is not 27 and he's been making tracks for a loooong time.
    of the songs we know if it was only over the past 5 yrs it would only break down to 1 song every 1.5 weeks. so yes it is possible. peace, stein. . . .

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

VERY inconsistent lately....one of my favorite producers but he's not even better than Jay Dee if you ask me

Speaking of Jay Dee. JAY DEE IS ALSO A BETTER PRODUCER!!!!!!!! Jay has come with WAY more original tracks over the years. I was buggin' on Jay Dee tracks before I even knew who Kanye was. The way Jay Dee would chop up and flip samples and play keys and bass lines =

Kanye did a lot of good tracks, but after a while it was just sped up soul records with hand claps and bongos. Jay Dee was killin' it with the handclaps way before Kanye folls.

JAY DEE BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this again brings up the question about ghost producers.

this is why i've always had issues with annointing Dre the almighty G.O.A.T..Dre is the king of ghost production but dudes have no problem wit it..I DO...so far nobody has stepped up and said they made Kanye's beats for him so i'll give him the benefit of doubt...SO FAR

JAY DEE BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay Dee is the most underrated producer in the history of hip hop.....his handclaps & filters influenced so many dudes after him it's a shame he's not gettin Kanye paper....but he was also involved in THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN THE HISTORY OF HIP HOP MUSIC >>>>>

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    lets be truthfull. the guy is not 27 and he's been making tracks for a loooong time.
    of the songs we know if it was only over the past 5 yrs it would only break down to 1 song every 1.5 weeks. so yes it is possible. peace, stein. . . .

I hear ya Stein, but we're talking about a lot of stuff that, IMO, is really good shit. Most people go through periods where they can't concentrate on making music for awhile, or they just can't make anything good. Especially once they start doing big things- there are a whole lot of distractions. I don't want to mention any names, but I've seen how dudes go from digging and making beats all the time to not having time to dig much anymore to not having time (or energy) to even make beats much anymore. I agree with you, it is possible. But it's also very impressive.

• lets be truthfull. the guy is not 27 and he's been making tracks for a loooong time.

I hear ya Stein, but we're talking about a lot of stuff that, IMO, is really good shit. Most people go through periods where they can't concentrate on making music for awhile, or they just can't make anything good. Especially once they start doing big things- there are a whole lot of distractions. I don't want to mention any names, but I've seen how dudes go from digging and making beats all the time to not having time to dig much anymore to not having time (or energy) to even make beats much anymore. I agree with you, it is possible. But it's also very impressive.
    no doubt phill. i am blown away at his success and have the utmost respect for him as a producer/artist. peace, stein. . .

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Speaking of Jay Dee. JAY DEE IS ALSO A BETTER PRODUCER!!!!!!!! Jay has come with WAY more original tracks over the years. I was buggin' on Jay Dee tracks before I even knew who Kanye was. The way Jay Dee would chop up and flip samples and play keys and bass lines =

He's been somewhat inconsistent as of late as well though, BC - those 3 beat CDs (which sported the 'Love Is' beat off Common's 'Be') of his that circulated earlier this year on the 'net demonstrated that (of varyin' quality)... The fanaticism of his fans can't be denied though: one of those serious cryptic teams rippin' 3 beat CDs and then distributin' them far and wide...

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

From what my sources in NYC tell me, Kanye's support of gay behavior stems from havin' an artist of that orientation as part of his clique: the University of Penn grad - doesn't want sales to suffer owin' to that, especially to the women that swoon @ this guy's concerts...

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

So this again brings up the question about ghost producers. Is it even humanly possible to come up with so much heat in five years? And have a highly successful solo rap career as well? I mean, that's a LOT of producing going on, mane! Plus you're boning models, partying, doing angry interviews, going on shopping sprees and buying tight, colorful sweaters and pretty jewelry... are there really enough hours in a day for all of this? I dunno, manye. Dude is dope to me, though.

Given that Kanye did ghost produce for D. Dot when he was gettin' started, I guess he's not averse to bein' part of that arrangement, but as for hirin' guns to make beats on his behalf? My gut feelin' says no: if you read interviews w/ folks like No I.D., the message that keeps comin' to the fore is that Kanye avidly pursued beatmakin' @ a pretty early age, takin' notes from Dug Infinite and No I.D. - if he is, I'd think that his drums would snap harder than they do currently a la Mel-Man for Dre...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    fasty bongos and the doggone braek = fah feelions

• dayday 9,611 Posts

From what my sources in NYC tell me, Kanye's support of gay behavior stems from havin' an artist of that orientation as part of his clique: the University of Penn grad - doesn't want sales to suffer owin' to that, especially to the women that swoon @ this guy's concerts...

So John Legend is gay? Interesting rumor, but it makes no difference to me.

I would have to say

Kanye

Just Blaze/Jay Dee (tie but leaning more towards Jay)

That new Med/Just Blaze is

Dre is possibly G.O.A.T. though.

NWA

The D.O.C.

Eazy-E

Michelle'

The Chronic

Snoop

Eminem

etc.

Dude has an ear for talent like whoa.

But back to Kayoo - anybody else feeling that "Heard Em Say" in a major way? That song has been stuck in my head since I heard it.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

this is why i've always had issues with annointing Dre the almighty G.O.A.T..Dre is the king of ghost production but dudes have no problem wit it..I DO...so far nobody has stepped up and said they made Kanye's beats for him so i'll give him the benefit of doubt...SO FAR

Yes they have. Only one to bitch about it was a dude named icedrake who produces for dtp. Im sure hes not stealing shit off peoples beat tapes, but at the same time its hardly just him alone in a room.

But seriously, you cant NOT say dre is the G.O.A.T. thats rediculous.

Plus, timbaland is no slouch. I would post his discography but its like 40 friggin pages.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

Dre is possibly G.O.A.T. though.

NWA
    The D.O.C.
    Eazy-E
    Michelle'
    The Chronic...nah give that one to Daz, he did most of the production
    Snoop
    Eminem
    etc.

Dude has an ear for talent like whoa.

But back to Kayoo - anybody else feeling that "Heard Em Say" in a major way? That song has been stuck in my head since I heard it.

Pharell and the asian dude..hit or miss

kanye..consistent

just blaze...the producers producer

jay dee...innovator

timbaland...original/innovator

michelle'...nah give that one to a number of studio musicians, they did an equal amount of the production

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Yes they have. Only one to bitch about it was a dude named icedrake who produces for dtp. Im sure hes not stealing shit off peoples beat tapes, but at the same time its hardly just him alone in a room.

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but I swear in the Fade to Black DVD there's a part where Kanye is playing a beat for Jay that sounds exactly like Cam'ron's Dope Man beat. I don't remember who produced the joint on Cam's LP, but I don't remember it being Kanye. Maybe two dudes had the same idea to remake the NWA track (I guess that wouldn't be too surprising), but they sounded exactly alike...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    DRE is the GOAT for me. i dont care if people are ghost producing for him. he comes out with the most consistent hotness out of anyone ever!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    DRE is the GOAT for me. i dont care if people are ghost producing for him. he comes out with the most consistent hotness out of anyone ever!

Dre's not so much a beneficiary of ghost production as he is an old-fashioned producer in the style of people like Phil Spector or Norman Whitfield. He's got his engineers, his musicians, his favourite pieces of kit and his artists. He knows what he wants and he surrounds himself with people who can help him achieve that. A producer friend of mine once said he thought the issue of ghost production was irrelevant in Dre's case - a big part of being a producer is having a good team and being able to get the best out of them, and Dre's output is plenty evidence of that.

Incidentally, I wonder if TIME had to cough up for this?