Finds (rr) that you have found recently

13»

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    not rr, but nice nonetheless:

:face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt:

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Found these both unplayed for a buck each on my 30th Birthday(28th).

Last year I found these for dollar each on the day of and the day after my 29th birthday.

• happy b-day

-the cal green is great jazzy stuff...another long time want hooked up by a fellow strutteur!

-the frasier macpherson has a nice version of "sunshine superman" and a couple other good ones.

-nimmons now! hasw a bunch of crappy covers ("hey jude") mixed with a few funky originals like "chips and gravy" and "lip flap"

-dave robbins band is middling but has a nice big band version of "games people play" with wah wah guitar by future pacific salt member oliver gannon and early sly stone-esque arrangment.

-michel madore is some cosmic quebecoise stuff...not too too bad. reminds me of that mps band "pork pie".

-nicoletta is a french bargain bin record with an awfully good version of jorge ben's "filo marvilha" (although the rest of the album is plain awful)

-ron cornelius album is interesting, need to give this more time t grow on me. the acoustic, instrumental track at the end of side 1 pretty much blew me away when i heard it.

-"reel to real" (great title!!) is i presume the album where arthur lee went all out funk. killer version of soulstrut favourite "be thankful for what you got" and there is a smoking track with harvey mandel

• Some finds that are probably about a month old. Trip to Portland, OR. Special thanks to LaserWolf for being a super nice guy and hooking up some of these goodies. Always good to meet strutters in real life.

Black Belt Jones and Harmonia are definite reissues.

• technically the black belt jones is a first press since it wasnt pressed up before.

• karlophone said:

who the hell is this Bert guy? Seen his name scribbled over various other records throughout the years & I have one or two myself. Seems like you picked up quite a few aswell

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    The Chappell has "Rock Out In Soul" by Teddy Sommer, as well as a few other sonic delights. I'm after Vol 6 if anyone wants to hook me up.

Kindly,
    parallax

• tripledouble said:
    technically the black belt jones is a first press since it wasnt pressed up before.
    Sure enough. I thought maybe there was an OG japanese pressing for some reason rather than just the 45.

• Scored a Lambchops record, it's just a 45.

• The flea market was good to me this morning...unfortunately for the most part those latin titles look cooler than they sound. The stuff in the first photo, though, I can't complain...been looking for that Tyrone Davis LP basically since the day I started collecting soul/r&b and never came across it until now, still in the shrink for $4!
    Attached files

• From last week, when I was in Omaha for work. First photo is stuff I found in Old Market during a free hour or so the day I got into town. Been looking for that Jackie Wilson 45 for like two years, couldn't believe when it appeared in front of me in solid NM condition for $2. Pic sleeves I got at the legendary Kanesville Kollectibles across the river in Council Bluffs, IA...place is mind blowing as others have said (see pic of their "45 room" below) though I think it's been thoroughly picked over at this point.
    Attached files

• Had a busy record buying weekend.

Small local record fair today:

Got a tip off about a guy who was storing 4000 records for a friend who used to have a record shop that closed down. Went to visit yesterday.

Was assuming that it was going to all be house and dance music so was plesantly suprised to be able to buy approx 200 records of other genres. Mostly hip hop with some sealed 70's rock LP's thrown in. Tonnes of stuff I didn't know but everything was cheap enough for me to take a punt.

Not going to take individual pics of everything. Thought these were interesting though. Got multiples of most items:

• It is completely personal...

Flip the lead and collect a finder's fee.

• If you do, send thank you to GatorToof record rescue. Pm me for the address.

• from a dance studio that is closing down:

lots of heat on those statler records, will rip a couple of things and post them up later..

• Risingson said:
    karlophone said:

who the hell is this Bert guy? Seen his name scribbled over various other records throughout the years & I have one or two myself. Seems like you picked up quite a few aswell

Recently deceased female NYC are DJ from the disco era...her collection was apparently massive and was sold to many different people...dealers and stores...yes, they are everywhere!