DJ Sheep

Comments

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    soundsreal said:
    he's comin to my house to punch me in the face for having the audacity to ask why. Word of advice to anyone with less posts than him: avoid.

heeded

• sheep always came through for me on trades and sales.
    he cut me off cause i didnt show blind loyalty or something, but i still root for him.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Hey B***n - still waiting to hear if you're returning my TSL 45 to me...

• he's not well liked in Australia. Seems to have burned many bridges in Japan. Why would it come as a suprise to anyone that his name gets brought up here? for legitimate reasons, no doubt.
    definitely comes across as immature and snakey, with a big chip on his shoulder.
    why would anyone root for such a loser? he's the epitome of POSER.

tokyobeats said:
    he's not well liked in Australia. Seems to have burned many bridges in Japan. Why would it come as a suprise to anyone that his name gets brought up here? for legitimate reasons, no doubt.
    definitely comes across as immature and snakey, with a big chip on his shoulder.

Well chalk up another name in the 'someone to never do business with again' shit list.

• DJBombjack said:
    tokyobeats said:
    he's not well liked in Australia. Seems to have burned many bridges in Japan. Why would it come as a suprise to anyone that his name gets brought up here? for legitimate reasons, no doubt.

Well chalk up another name in the 'someone to never do business with again' shit list.

stop allowing this guy to get your good records for his bragging rights!

his dealing practice is questionable, he fails as a person, and anytime i've heard of him playing out, it's always a bunch of sellout crap music.

his heart isn't true, he just wants for the sake of proving something........moron and dummy

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    All I'm gonna say is this:

Guzzo said:
    Sheep and I have done trades/ business for years. Never had an issue.

That was me for a while...

Naw dude's a loose cannon with serious anger issues, and from what I can tell bases his entire attitude on wheher or no to treat you with respect on your post count. Tired of reading all these dudes vouching for him as i they hadn't even noticed all the childish shit he's been posting even in the public forums over the last little while. The guy is an embarrassment to the whole culture. Anyone who's interested can ask me for copys of all he PMs where dude sent me his trades literally 2 months after receiving mine and then told me he's comin to my house to punch me in the face for having the audacity to ask why. I'm pretty sure there's at least a few other people who he's completely turned off of even coming around here or you'd be hearing a lot more about these types of incidents. Word of advice to anyone with less posts than him: avoid.

...But now I'm this guy.

Dude changed on me overnight and i still don't know why. That was like 3-4 years ago now too!

• dj sheep couldn't hurt anyone. He acts all tough guy, but he'd get his teeth knocked out in a hurry if he tried any "real world moves"
    he's a puffer fish...fugu, whatever you may like to say!
    unarticulate, extremely challenged, and thinks that by wearing some fresh nike kicks and a still diggin' t-shirt that he's somehow cool. He's the 5inch (at best) foreign guy who tried to act all mack in JPN, and throw up his titty avatar coz he never sees any

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    This has turned into the worst kind of remote kicking, a keyboard warrior clusterfuck of anonymous whining, bitching and passive aggressive bullying.

You got burned on a deal, or you perceive it so.
    E-communication misses about 50% of the message by not including body language and intonation.
    Bear that in mind, always.

Write the dollars and records off.
    Educational expenses.
    My experience of B was always top notch.
    Yours wasn't.
    Get over it, learn from it, march forward to the future.

• frenziefrenzie 174 Posts
    I'm standing up for Sheep. He's been nothing but cool with me for years now.
    He genuinely loves the music, is a talented DJ, a huge wealth of knowledge, and a good and respectful dude..

skel said:
    This has turned into the worst kind of remote kicking, a keyboard warrior clusterfuck of anonymous whining, bitching and passive aggressive bullying.

You got burned on a deal, or you perceive it so.
    E-communication misses about 50% of the message by not including body language and intonation.
    Bear that in mind, always.

Educational expenses.
    Yours wasn't.

I apologize to the rest of the Strut for having to air my dirty laundry out like this. But the truth is I felt I was left with no choice. This has been going on since April - and via email. Believe me, I tried soooooo hard to be the bigger man and deal with this in a respectful, courteous and mature manner - privately. But after repeated abusive - and downright crazy - replies, I felt that exposing him in an open forum was my last course of action.
    I've pretty much had to write off the records now. Any attempt at asking him to return just 1 of the 3 records I sent is just an act of futility.

Simply put - he cannot be trusted. Ever. Maybe karma will allow our paths to cross one day and I'll be able to look him in the eye. Who knows.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    skel said:
    Educational expenses.
    Yours wasn't.

I call bullshit.....you didn't get burned so all is good.....don't like what's written in this thread don't click on it and read it.

I have no idea who is right or wrong nor am I sticking up for either side, but taking it public can and does work.

Example: There was one sleazy record distributor that ripped off a bunch of labels, including mine. Took product, sold it and never paid the labels. I was only in the hole with him for a few hundred bucks but others were owed 4 figures and up and in one case it put a label under. Rather than chalk it up to an education I went to a site where this person was a regular poster and I harrassed the shit out of him. Presented facts and incidents he could not refute and even though he claimed to be broke, I did indeed get paid. The funny part was that he had many defenders, mostly customers, who said "I always had good experiences with him, I sent him money and he always sent my records promptly". Great, I'm glad for you, except he didn't PAY for the records and in effect was selling you stolen merchandise, albeit in a friendly and prompt manner. Those labels who choose to sit back and not do anything were ultimately burned, I wasn't. And if the same circumstances happened again I'd do it the same exact way. And yes, I realize that there were many people who were uncomfortable reading my rants and thought I should just shut up and go away....fuck them.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Not speaking specifically about Sheep/Bombjack but...

I have to agree with Rock here.

If one member here rips off another, it absolutely should be made public. If this is the forum in which you made contact and arranged for the deal, then this is where it should be called out.

I don't understand how holding somebody responsible for their actions is a 'bad look'.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    We've got one set vouching for dude, another calling rip off.
    Me said you said he said she said.

In the end it's tedious.

It may yet result in resolution.
    Would it have been an efficient use of dudes time?
    Depends on the amount.

Enough venom has been spread to make dudes think thrice about dealing with sheep. If that was the intent, I assume it has worked, so call off the dogs.

Maybe some get satisfaction from vigilantism, maybe revenge motive engages a level of righteous fury that gives an endorphin rush, maybe it's about standing up for principles to the bitter end.

For me, life's too short.
    For all the dudes piling in, you're hacking at a carcass.

skel said:
    It may yet result in resolution.

This is an outcome that I welcome. Always have.
    And please, don't generalize about 'he said, she said'. I have all the emails. If anyone ever had the inclination to read them... they're there for the reader to make up their own mind.

• Rockadelic said:

...don't like what's written in this thread don't click on it and read it.

Horseleech said:

I don't understand how holding somebody responsible for their actions is a 'bad look'.

PLEASE call mf'ers out so other people don't have to suffer the same bullsh*t.
    If you get called out in public you have the opportunity to defend yourself in public. Jury of your peers.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    djBombjack: you really shouldn't have to apologize for anything.

• I really don't have an opinion or need to make any comment on the original post...personally i never dig / trade online, sad huh?
    I just excavate in dirty ole crates of fate!
    But after reading some other degrading comments, I feel inclined to mention the following....

I KNOW SHEEP,THE DUDE WHO HELPS OUT LOCAL PEEPS WHO ARE PHYSICALLY & MEDICALLY NOT WELL,WHO FUND RAISES / DONATES & GIVES MORE TO CHARITY THAN MOST FUCKS ON HERE!
    I KNOW SHEEP, WHO PROMOTES & PRESERVES VINYL CULTURE IN A CITY LOSING ITS PHONIC SOUL,RUNS A MONTHLY FREE JAM WELCOMING ALL, THAT ROLLS DEEP WITH A CREW OF TRUE SCHOOL BROTHERS OF ALL CREEDS, SPINNIN WAX TO THE MASSES FOR THE FUN OF IT!
    YEH IT'S THE SAME DUDE WHO JUST GAINED A UNI DEGREE WITH HONOURS IN POLITICAL SCIENCE, YEH THE SAME HOMY WHO GOT DMC TITLES PASSING ON KNOWLEDGE TO SHY KIDS UPCOMING BY PUTTIN ON OPEN SCRATCH PLATFORMS TO HELP SHOWCASE THEIR SKILLS...

THE BRO WHO TOOK TIME MAKE ME FEEL AT HOME,WHEN MY HOME WAS DESTROYED!

U NO IT?, HEAPS OF HEADS KNOW IT.

• sheep luh da kids

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    It's all about the kids and caps lock.

Thanks for typing like that, it really cleared things up. I assume it was to replicate yelling, which we all appreciate. Perhaps you could of also found some digital way to shove us as well.

• These threads are always so dumb, and almost never on the part of someone like Bombjack.

Seriously dudes, sounds like Sheep fucked up. Happens. Good people fuck up, bad people fuck up. People fuck up. Quit acting like your boy is some untouchable paragon of human greatness, call his ass (because apparently y'all are so tight, you definitely have the number to that one cell phone he does answer) and say, "Dude, you're fucking up. Just sort this out, and move on. Yeah, I know you're the man, but shit happens, so handle it like an adult."

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Sound like Sheep is a dude who is capable of doing some good things and some less good things. You know, er like other dudes in real life. Gee that's complex and profound. Can we stop the thread now?

• All my dealings with DJ Sheep have been smooth - I'd argue he has been one of the more delightful record dealers I have ever dealt with, but I guess that's all by the by.

As for Australia Post, I wish I could say the same, but they have been a constant nightmare when trying to trace missing parcels, and seem to take an age to respond to such cases.

• PLURPLUR 28 Posts
    Got Some said:
    I really don't have an opinion or need to make any comment on the original post...personally i never dig / trade online, sad huh?
    But after reading some other degrading comments, I feel inclined to mention the following....

I KNOW SHEEP,THE DUDE WHO HELPS OUT LOCAL PEEPS WHO ARE PHYSICALLY & MEDICALLY NOT WELL,WHO FUND RAISES / DONATES & GIVES MORE TO CHARITY THAN MOST FUCKS ON HERE!
    I KNOW SHEEP, WHO PROMOTES & PRESERVES VINYL CULTURE IN A CITY LOSING ITS PHONIC SOUL,RUNS A MONTHLY FREE JAM WELCOMING ALL, THAT ROLLS DEEP WITH A CREW OF TRUE SCHOOL BROTHERS OF ALL CREEDS, SPINNIN WAX TO THE MASSES FOR THE FUN OF IT!
    YEH IT'S THE SAME DUDE WHO JUST GAINED A UNI DEGREE WITH HONOURS IN POLITICAL SCIENCE, YEH THE SAME HOMY WHO GOT DMC TITLES PASSING ON KNOWLEDGE TO SHY KIDS UPCOMING BY PUTTIN ON OPEN SCRATCH PLATFORMS TO HELP SHOWCASE THEIR SKILLS...

YooooooO! I FEEl u dawg!!!! SounDZ liek yer boy Sheap iz ALL ABOUT THA BREAKZ!!!! Simtimez that bring out tha haterz in inscueer ppl, u no? He helps tha COMMUNITY educatin them abot BREAKZ in a place liek Austrya were BREAKZ are SO HARD 2 fiend guyz! It iz neer tha NORTH POLL! So maybee if he pronised

• PLURPLUR 28 Posts
    Got Some said:
    I really don't have an opinion or need to make any comment on the original post...personally i never dig / trade online, sad huh?

YooooooO! I FEEl u dawg!!!! SounDZ liek yer boy Sheap iz ALL ABOUT THA BREAKZ!!!! Simtimez that bring out tha haterz in inscueer ppl, u no? He helps tha COMMUNITY educatin them abot BREAKZ in a place liek Austrya were BREAKZ are SO HARD 2 fiend guyz! It iz neer tha NORTH POLL! So maybee if he pronised 2 send u BREAKZ and u havnet got them yet its cuz he is maleing them from FAR AwAY!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    PLUR said:
    Got Some said:

YooooooO! I FEEl u dawg!!!! SounDZ liek yer boy Sheap iz ALL ABOUT THA BREAKZ!!!! Simtimez that bring out tha haterz in inscueer ppl, u no? He helps tha COMMUNITY educatin them abot BREAKZ in a place liek Austrya were BREAKZ are SO HARD 2 fiend guyz! It iz neer tha NORTH POLL! So maybee if he pronised 2 send u BREAKZ and u havnet got them yet its cuz he is maleing them from FAR AwAY!

PLUR speaks truth to power. Always does.

• I was actually trying to get in touch with DJ Sheep, and after a PM I sent him last week went unanswered, I came upon this thread...

I just want to know about his Japanese Fusion mix, which he posted up here last year. http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/mixes/indepth/weird_gear_17_-_japanese_jazz_fusion_mix/

Does anyone know the name of the artist/track playing right at 15 minutes into that mix? That funky wah-bass deal that goes on and on. I think it's the same song in fact that plays for about 10 minutes, but my knowledge of Japanese jazz is pretty much limited to mid-'70s/early '80s stuff influenced by Miles's Agharta (ie Air, Double Rainbow, Something's Coming, etc).

If anyone has any idea who the artist and track is, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

• perfectpawn said:
    I was actually trying to get in touch with DJ Sheep, and after a PM I sent him last week went unanswered, I came upon this thread...

I just want to know about his Japanese Fusion mix, which he posted up here last year. http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/mixes/indepth/weird_gear_17_-_japanese_jazz_fusion_mix/

Does anyone know the name of the artist/track playing right at 15 minutes into that mix? That funky wah-bass deal that goes on and on. I think it's the same song in fact that plays for about 10 minutes, but my knowledge of Japanese jazz is pretty much limited to mid-'70s/early '80s stuff influenced by Miles's Agharta (ie Air, Double Rainbow, Something's Coming, etc).

If anyone has any idea who the artist and track is, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Soul Strut Comedy Gold?

:comedy_gold:

• So it's "Soul Strut Comedy Gold" if I come onto a forum of experts and ask for a track ID? What a dick.