how shoddy is sampling from reissues/comps??

2»

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    milliondollars said:
    ^ as long as dudes don't start sampling from audio snippets from online record shops... :-)

lol I was doing that 10 years ago. We just jack shit off youtube now.

• Bsides said:
    milliondollars said:
    ^ as long as dudes don't start sampling from audio snippets from online record shops... :-)

haha

truth

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Threads like this make me 3 Soulstrut.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Bsides said:
    milliondollars said:

Sampling off of Record Kingz snippets and leaving the preventative "crazy with the beats..." on the beat.
    :get_on_my_level:

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I read an interview with producer who said his favourite source for drum hits was now Michael Bay movies.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    It doesn't matter how you make your music and know one cares about the process. Just make good music.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    sounds like i'm alone at this point in the only using original pressings and only using vinyl shit

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Okem said:
    I read an interview with producer who said his favourite source for drum hits was now Michael Bay movies.

!!!

This actually makes a whole lot of sense...

Ako you may be the only one holding on to that aesthetic!!

• BeatChemist said:

Ako you may be the only one holding on to that aesthetic!!

Don't really get that aesthetic. Either you're doing it legit (licensed master tapes) or you're not.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    ako said:
    sounds like i'm alone at this point in the only using original pressings and only using vinyl shit

i actually sampled you off mp3 & then pressed it to vinyl so almost the reverse ha ha

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    ako said:

As unfashionalble as it is, i'm with you. I also like messing with Synths and Drum machines though.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Spacecho said:
    ako said:

As unfashionalble as it is, i'm with you. I also like messing with Synths and Drum machines though.

Certainly not hating on this idea. Sometimes limitations can do wonders for creativity. I would never tell someone that their "rules" are wrong or not valid. As long as they acknowledge that they are merely "their rules".

Personally, records were always just the easiest way for me to get to the sounds that I wanted to use. If I can get around using them and find an easier solution to my process, I will always do so.

I recognize certain folks will think this is wack, and I fully support their right to express that opinion. You will have to excuse me if I can't be bothered to care though....

Times are tough these days, and I really only have so many fucks to give..

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    BeatChemist said:
    Okem said:

!!!

This actually makes a whole lot of sense...

Ha! Shit, I know one of the dudes who does sound for Michael Bay joints...I should hit him up for some sounds.

• Sunfade said:
    Bsides said:
    milliondollars said:

Sampling off of Record Kingz snippets and leaving the preventative "crazy with the beats..." on the beat.
    :get_on_my_level:

I have actually done this (well, not with the audio watermark left on).

Wasn't even a rare record, either. Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel, if I remember correctly.