Do you think James Brown gets the credit he deserves from mainstream rock critics?

Comments

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Google Lester Bangs and soul. More than enough said. Thanks for the clowning. It was good for me. How about you?

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    LOVE the amount of "controversy" using the word rock garnered. Haha. Hilarious. Not to mention the time spent posting about it. As a dude who writes ads for a living, this may be my most effective choice of words yet

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Now hit me with a link and or meme so I can be put back in my place

• HarveyCanal said:
    Be the first on this board to make 8 posts in a row.

LOL

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    JRoot said:

And I'm not sure the point of the exercise.

To get Anto99's post count up.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Anto99 said:
    Read "Let it Blurt" It's a book that includes pieces written by one if Rolling Stone's most respected POPULAR music critics. And low and behold! He writes about soul too! Stop the presses folks.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    p_gunn said:
    Anto99 said:
    Read "Let it Blurt" It's a book that includes pieces written by one if Rolling Stone's most respected POPULAR music critics. And low and behold! He writes about soul too! Stop the presses folks.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

You first. I insist.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Got no problem being "clowned" just not gonna roll over and take it like a bitch.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    If u bring it, u should be able to take it. Now back to my New Jack Swing set I'm throwing down as we speak.

• batmon said:
    I am smelling a certain Roll-On.

yeah, it smells just like this one:

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    So let me get this straight: u bitch slap new members after they say ANYTHING and if they respond ...you ban them? Ummmm...ok....

• Anto99 said:
    So let me get this straight: u bitch slap new members after they say ANYTHING and if they respond ...you ban them? Ummmm...ok....

you're getting "bitch slapped" because you are acting like one. do yourself and the site a favour and turn off the internet for a few hours.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    Anto99 said:

you're getting "bitch slapped" because you are acting like one. do yourself and the site a favour and turn off the internet for a few hours.

Let me break it down in a way you can understand..
    Attached files

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    BAN

Straight the fuck up. Why wait for the disease to spread.

No humility.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Folks have tried subtlety, humour, normalcy and bluntness. You keep saying you get it, but bring the same look-at-me!! crap without taking the time to take the temperature of the place. You keep saying good night and see ya later but you don't actually go away.
    Perhaps you're an alias, if so- why Toronto? Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Isn't there a post/hour limit function?

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Retiring as of now.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Anto99 said:

Dude, I almost never call for teh ban, but you should be banned for the simple inability to use the fucking quote function. This isn't IRC. You don't have to create a new post for every sentence.

That's without my even mentioning the textbook passive-aggressive shit you've engaged in, such as seeking validation for your opinions (which aren't anything especially new or insightful, tbh) under the guise of "debate" or "discourse", only to start whining the moment anyone steps to you on them (which isn't new either).

And if you think that starting a thread containing the word "rock" on a forum called Soul Strut is flying in the face of orthodoxy, I would have loved to have seen your face when your mum & dad let you stay up late for the first time.

Here's hoping the very near future brings you several time-consuming and labour-intensive ad commissions in rapid succession.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Anto99 said:
    Retiring as of now.

I'm giving 7:1 odds that say otherwise.

• Rockadelic said:
    Anto99 said:
    Retiring as of now.

rock, those weren't very generous odds considering the guy didn't even stay gone for an hour...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Anto99 said:
    Retiring as of now.

CLASSIC and ACCURATE

dude you can compile your 20 thoughts into ONE post. there IS an "edit" option

also for your double posts, there's a DELETE button.

learn how to use a forum and you might not get clowned

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Please see my above comment. No replies against anything even remotely confrontational at this point. Retired.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Have a great weekend!!

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Oh yes, the bonus beats!!Awesome.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    your retirement doesnt seem to be working correctly

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Really?last time I checked I haven't responded to any clowning attempts since I said I wouldnt. Looking good to me.

• Anto99 said:
    Really?last time I checked I haven't responded to any clowning attempts since I said I wouldnt. Looking good to me.

Is this a joke? You JUST did, with that comment. Im so confused.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    So am I!!!!!

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I don't think this guy understands the internets.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Yep.