OFFICIAL 2012 NFL Thread!!!!!

Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
HOF game was on Sunday and all other preseason games start tomorrow. Regular season starts four weeks from today!
I was a little salty last year after the lockout but can't complain since my team won the Super Bowl!
The Giants have remained largely intact, especially on defense. The team has a pretty tough schedule again this year, but I'm hoping for another 9-7 Super Bowl championship season!
Go Big Blue!

Speak on your team, predictions, etc.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Y'all really think y'all can do something with that dumbass Aggie Martellus Bennett?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    The Pats have added a bunch of pieces, and I expect the pass rush to be stronger and the offense to be even more prolific. Plus, R******, the god Bill Belichik is implementing the answer to your ability to get to Brady. He's bringing back the screen with a vengeance. ;)

Curtis Lofton > Jonathan Vilma...so we are straight and ready to rumble on Goodell's bitch ass.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Bennett is backing up Bear Pascoe. I wonder if he got brought into the team for some Cowboys intel. Cowboys are going down in the season opener!

Pats significantly quiet as usual. See you preseason week 4!

Garcia_Vega said:
    Bennett is backing up Bear Pascoe. I wonder if he got brought into the team for some Cowboys intel.

You musta meant to type the word "entrails" because Bennett doesn't have a shred of "intel" inside his entire body.

Garcia_Vega said:
    See you preseason week 4!

See our third-stringers preseason week 4!

We both have 1 p.m. starts on Sunday, Sept. 16. Sounds like a good excuse to get hydrated and watch handegg. Let's do this?

DB_Cooper said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

We both have 1 p.m. starts on Sunday, Sept. 16. Sounds like a good excuse to get hydrated and watch handegg. Let's do this?

I have family in town that weekend, but for sure we should plan to meet up at some point this season. We'll have to plan it so we can rope in G, Paycheck, and Aleit too.

• Garcia_Vega said:

The Giants have remained largely intact, especially on defense. The team has a pretty tough schedule again this year, but I'm hoping for another 9-7 Super Bowl championship season!

whats your thought on the Giants run game though? Like the rookie Wilson teamed with Bradshaw? That O-Line is getting up there in age aswell.

Looking forward to see my Broncos with Peyton at the helm. Could be a shaky start, tough schedule also but I think the Broncos offence will shine with Eric Decker & Demaryius Thomas.

Can't wait to see RGIII in action. Will Cam Newton suffer a sophomore slump? How will AP be after the knee injury? Can CJ2K get things back on track? Bears with Cutler and Marshall is fascinating aswell. I actually put 10 euro on the Bears at 40/1, I think they can be a dark horse this year.

Garcia_Vega said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

I have family in town that weekend, but for sure we should plan to meet up at some point this season. We'll have to plan it so we can rope in G, Paycheck, and Aleit too.

Sounds like a plan.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Not sure what to make about my Steelers this year.

I'm likeing the off-season moves at Offensive Line and scared shitless with Todd Hayley as the Offensive Coordinator???. Dude is a my way or the highway powder keg.

Mendenhall is a glass tiger??? Wallace wants the money??? lots of old dudes at Defense. Glad to see T-Sizzle sidelined for the year

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    My Skins improve to 7-9. RGIII is ROY.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Not sure what to make about my Steelers this year.

I'm likeing the off-season moves at Offensive Line and scared shitless with Todd Hayley as the Offensive Coordinator???. Dude is a my way or the highway powder keg.

Mendenhall is a glass tiger??? Wallace wants the money??? lots of old dudes at Defense. Glad to see T-Sizzle sidelined for the year

all of this. I'm really glad they finally patched up the offensive line, but I feel like the entire team's gonna take a step back due to Haley. And yeah, the running game is still weak (just barely good enough, I suppose, and maybe better with the improved o-line), but the Wallace shit is really disheartening. C'mon, son, sign the damn tender and get your ass to camp!

Because preseason football predictions are completely meaningless, I will go ahead and predict a Wild Card berth and, depending on the matchups, probably a 2nd-round KO.

DJ_Enki said:
    Because preseason football predictions are completely meaningless, I will go ahead and predict a Wild Card berth and, depending on the matchups, probably a 2nd-round KO.

The Pats will go 20-0, winning a post-Super Bowl matchup against the combined might of the world's terrorists who challenge Belichik and crew to one game for all the marbles after a perfect regular season and postseason. The world is made safe for democracy.

Risingson said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

whats your thought on the Giants run game though? Like the rookie Wilson teamed with Bradshaw? That O-Line is getting up there in age aswell.

I don't know if the Giants will depend much on the run with Cruz, and hopefully the speedy recovery of Nicks. Bradshaw will get most of the carries and I fear he might get injured, or just be a turnover machine, but if he can avoid both of these he'll do fine. I find it interesting that they put the rookie Wilson as the number 2 back, as opposed to DJ Ware, who had some pretty decent runs in his limited carries. Giants GM Jerry Reese has been pretty great drafting talent, so I have hopes Wilson won't be a bust and will grow into another great back. The o-line is getting a bit old, although Seubert retired and McKenzie was released, so there are some new players there. Hopefully they can gel and stay healthy.

Jets fans conspicuously absent from this thread so far...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Niners all coming back PLUS better wideouts MINUS much tougher sched = 10-6 with a division championship

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Glad to see T-Sizzle sidelined for the year

Word on the street is he'll play in November if we're looking good for the playoffs. Ngata is healthy. Watch out Ben.

Our O line is so shaky right now. This could be a long year.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Six+ minutes left in the first quarter of a pre season game and dude is taken out...

...he was supposed to be in for the first half.

"Dynasty"

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Niners all coming back PLUS better wideouts MINUS much tougher sched = 10-6 with a division championship

THIS^^^

I think Hunter could have a breakout season as well.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    jjfad027 said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

THIS^^^

I think Hunter could have a breakout season as well.

I hope so.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    as an indy fan, i am excited from what i have seen out of Luck, and look forward to the season.

the RG3 v Luck game on saturday should have a fun first half to watch.

outside of the home field, vick is soft batch as fusk and i think chicago is going to do big things this year. #jetsfail

cookbook said:
    #jetsfail

It's going to be a beautiful thing to watch.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Who Dat?

• DB_Cooper said:
    cookbook said:
    #jetsfail

Guess you'll have to wait til next week.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    For a supposedly new era of QB friendly policies, there were some AWFUL performances today. Vick and Stafford had 4 and 3 INTs respectively...and they WON.

Andrew Luck = mwahahahahahaha.

That Saints/Redskin game was much better at the end than it looked to be. Was hoping it could get to OT but Saints really needed to stop that one pass after the 2 min mark.

• RG3 looking good

Eagles get out of jail

Brandon Marshall is going to have a huge year with the Bears. Alshon Jeffrey looks like a good pick aswell

Horseleech said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    cookbook said:
    #jetsfail

Guess you'll have to wait til next week.

I'm waiting for #jetsfail too but man, Sanchez handled business today.

• All I have to say is......DA BEARS!!!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Packers v Bears thursday night is gonna be serious.

That Akers 63 yarder, with crossbar bounce, is one of the sickest things I've seen.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Fuck these SCAB Refs. I want my Sunday back!