Rap You're Liking

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Two of the four Black Hippy dudes have my favourite records of the year. I'm not saying something else won't come along and blow my socks off, but right now, these two (plus Tree's Sunday School) are going to be pretty hard to top.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    ZZ Top covers DJ DMD's 25 Lighters...

I missed this the other day. WOW. Just when I thought that my love for ZZ Top could grow no deeper.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

nice video

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Awesome new album on our man Olski's label:

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Awesome new album on our man Olski's label:

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    bassie said:
    Two of the four Black Hippy dudes have my favourite records of the year. I'm not saying something else won't come along and blow my socks off, but right now, these two (plus Tree's Sunday School) are going to be pretty hard to top.

The Ab-Soul album fucking rulez. Checking out this Schoolboy Q one was we speak

muhahahahaha

staxwax said:

muhahahahaha

hot mess, but i really liked the "chorus" - anyone recognize it from elsewhere?

b/w

i'm excited for spring breakers

ketan said:
    staxwax said:

muhahahahaha

hot mess, but i really liked the "chorus" - anyone recognize it from elsewhere?

b/w

i'm excited for spring breakers

sounds like a harry fraud production - dont know about the chorus. I fear he doesnt know how to properly take care of that snake tho. keeping it near lines of heroin seems unadvisable.

staxwax said:
    I fear he doesnt know how to properly take care of that snake tho. keeping it near lines of heroin seems unadvisable.

i didn't realize it was real until the end. i thought he was just hangin out with a plastic snake, and that seemed totally appropriate for dude for some reason...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

nice flip of the Tammi Terrell "All I Do" 45 that was floating around a while back*

*(anyone got a copy for me?)

Jonny_Paycheck said:

nice flip of the Tammi Terrell "All I Do" 45 that was floating around a while back*

*(anyone got a copy for me?)

TREEEEEE

whole album is fire and its FREE

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Actually, nevermind.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

:hard_as_fuck:

Dunno why, but this reminds me a bit of Lean Back. I'm really liking what El-P's doing at the moment.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

yup

• Options
    On the old school tip these two have really been getting the juices flowing:

kenny lattimore - weekend
    112 - only you (bad boy remix)

• highnoteshighnotes 66 Posts
    TheDollarBinDon said:
    Thats actually me. Got a video with the joint with Roc Marci dropping in a few weeks.

you can cop the Marci/Bronson 7 here http://kingkongholdingco.bandcamp.com/album/the-purist-double-feature-e-p

"change" video is so sick! can you speak on that "by the book" track with Marciano? its not out yet right?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Releases definitely picking up a dry period.

New Starlito

Enjoying the fact that Tree seems to becoming more and more prolific without any drop in quality yet. Psyched for the full length.

Loud and thumping Young L beats >>>>> Touchy feely Young L beats. HNIC 3 is actually not that bad, at all.

Beat insanity. Sounds incredible on headphones, yet to test it out at high volume in a residential area.

Also

Not a fan of Brown's voice at all, but damn this song!

The Childish Gambino tape is solid for the first half and then kinda falls apart after the first Beck track.

This:

I like the Childish Gambino tape much more than I thought I would. I wasn't expecting anything that'd make me reassess my position on novelty blog-rap or dilettante-ish performance art projects, but it has its moments.

The Domo Genesis/ Alchemist tape is OK on first listen, although Alc's beats are even more alternative-rap than on the Gangrene album. I really like both the tracks I've heard so far from that Sasha Go Hard tape, but I'm not yet sure how much of that is to do with a) my being a little sideswiped by just how cute she is, and b) perversely enjoying the fact that her very existence is going to irritate the fuck out of so many people.

DocMcCoy said:

The Domo Genesis/ Alchemist tape

I started listening to it last night but didn't finish...of the few songs I got through, No Idols was the best imo.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts

Yeah that Domo/Alchemist collab isn't bad. Like a lot of recent Alchemist production though it didn't really quite do it for me. It's not bad, just not really anything I'd want to return to. Nice to see Domo rapping well though.

The Sasha Go Hard tape is pretty good. Get's a bit repetitive by the end but a fair few .

This isn't on the tape but I like it a lot: