TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    skel said:
    Subway is a bit low-rent, Jim.

For real, man is not wrong. I could ride to handful of places with better fare, but it's hammering down and the canteen here is overpriced and of poor quality. I am also tired of seeing the same pear-shaped-or-anorexic birds here, and the fittest one is preggers :shakesfistatsky: Jumped in truck, brainwaves to Beta state, ended up at the nearest retail park. Change of scenery was welcome. It has subbers, *$s, Pizza-X, Nan-does, Francis and Benjamin's etc... Subbers offers the fastest pitstop doe.

b/w

Low-Rent? How very dare you. F*ck you, you over-indulged (free/heavily-subsidised) Michelin-star+-catering-in-house-'cos-the-Frogs-demand-it-Where-The-Hog-Is-Fat City Boy

;)

The Primark of bread-based food outlettery.

Surely that's Greggs? At least Subber's coffee is palatable.

I forsake lunch these days in favour of a coffee.

I don't know whether to recall the "F*ck you", but if you are turning away free steaks, that's admirable.

b/w

What do you want, a f*cking medal?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    This was an unexpected danger of eating cooked breakfasts. She's funny and I always talk to her, and the other staff, whenever I go in, but it feels like some line has been crossed. It's like that thing they say about never name an animal you intend to eat, as it humanises it. Now one of these 'food-servants' knows my name and is asking me out, and that detached cash-for-food interface is no longer there. The goalposts have been moved. The rules done changed.

Maybe I'll [strike]start eating at subway[/strike] get up earlier and cook my own breakfasts.

Terry is cleared.

But is still a cnut.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Terry is cleared.

But is still a cnut.

Neither statement was ever in doubt.

On reflection, Leo, maybe doing the food servant is not a step in the right direction.

Guaranteed to have a permanent whiff of corned beef about her.
    You'd be poleing it and having visions of sausage bap.
    Not good.

She's not really my type. And a prettier girl just started who seems to like me, which makes excuses of not wanting to see anyone more difficult if I turn around and ask out her colleague. Complicated.

b/w

A thug, a racist, an adulterer, and a footballer walk into a pub. Barman says, "What can i get you Mr Terry?"

b/w

The doctor gave me the all-clear on my OCD today. I couldn't thank him enough.

b/w

I didn't know what to wear to my Premature Ejaculation Society meeting, so I just came in my pants .

b/w

My mate just asked me if he could put a tea bag in my mouth and fill it with water. He must think I'm some sort of mug.

@jimster, yes having the heavily subsidised restaurant was cool, but it was philosophically difficult to reconcile to my world view. That Henry Ford town model where wages would be recycled back to the employer. Hated it, but sometimes it was nice to take advantage of the MP White and Roux guest days.
    Also had a half price baller gym, barbers, doc and dentist gratis, aLl on site, amongst other perks. A box at Wembley, Wimbledon, Albert Hall and so on.

All gone now doe. Corporate whoring has been removed from my available menu.
    Along with the Amex.

::howl of pain::

J i m s t e r said:

turning away free steaks,

WTF!?!?!? Don't tell me, the dinner ladies [strike]are[/strike] were hot too.

skel said:
    Mate.

Give her what she wants.
    Gift horse / mouth interface-R

I was asked out by girl in sandwich shop. Showed her my wedding ring. I guess she was young and naive, but I did tell her she had impeccable taste in men. Them sandwiches always tasted good. Oh, moral of story: Wear ring in sandwich shop (glow in the dark compass ring for bonus points).

Dinner ladies??!?

DINNER LADIES?!!?!1!

Hahaha, fuck off!!!

Leo's developed a food servant fetish.
    Actually, after the recent French bar manageress episode and hatchet face Latvian barmaid scene, a worrying trend emerges.

It'll be bitty demands on the next woman methinks.

Call me old fashioned (or a misogynist), but food is high on the menu for me, and a girl with some interest and/or experience in it's preparation and consumption will get further up the que than the type who aren't really bothered about eating & drinking. Besides, I also prefer foriegners as the reserved English thing in women does nothing for me (but I think this could be a Southern thing - always been told gals up North are reet friendly).

Sandwich shop girl is Spanish, but I can't pronounce her name (Arrancha with loads of rolled 'r's) and her elbows are not quite up to spec.

Duderonomy said:
    Call me old fashioned (or a misogynist), but food is high on the menu for me, and a girl with some interest and/or experience in it's preparation and consumption will get further up the que than the type who aren't really bothered about eating & drinking. Besides, I also prefer foriegners as the reserved English thing in women does nothing for me (but I think this could be a Southern thing - always been told gals up North are reet friendly).

Sandwiche shop girl is Spanish, but I can't pronounce her name (Arrancha with loads of rolled 'r's) and her elbows are not quite up to spec.

Man should get his arse down to Thailand. Ask for a beer, bird will bring it over, kneel in front of you, and pour it into glass for you. Some reflex reactions were kicking in when bird knelt down, believe. There was also this bird who worked in Gossip Corner in Chinatown (LDN) that Uni mate from Wimbledon was always going on about, so one afternoon we went down from Manc to see if she was all that. He had always been too shy to talk to her, but I had her chatting and posing for pics with us by the end of the night. Taiwanese. Stunner. I bet he still has those photos... :gurn:

He lives there now (Taiwan, not Gossip Corner). In my own way, I like to think I helped him along that (silk) road. Yes, the good Karma that paves my way like so many rose petals must have come from such gracious acts of altruism.

So we like everyone but English birds now, that it?

Racists.

Actually I like Japanese girls for looks, but it's really difficult to get their personalities to emerge.

Hon-me No Tatemai I believe it's called, not revealing what one really thinks.
    Shit, really.
    One life, people. YOU ONLY GOT ONE LIFE*
    This is not a rehearsal.

*Sikhs and them excluded, natch.

skel said:
    So we like everyone but English birds now, that it?

"Dude, the bet was everything on the menu."

Probably why I've ended up with a bird that looks like a mixture of all bird-ways.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    BIRD HAS "I'M EVERY WOMAN" RINGTONE

J i m s t e r said:

Man should get his arse down to Thailand.

Been there multiple times and was never tempted by the far-too-friendly locals. Would go back for the food and the weather though.

skel said:

*Sikhs and them excluded, natch.

:lol:

Here Junior, Junior, Junior, come to Jungle...

• Duderonomy said:
    English thing in women does nothing for me (but I think this could be a Southern thing - always been told gals up North are reet friendly).

Just been up noorf for the weekend in Liverpool, they are nicer than southerners imo. 5" stilettos in the rain with excess fake tan type girls dressed to impress while working in tescos. The curlers in their hair walking through town was NAGL.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    England just lived one of my dreams.

Pulling the plug on Springsteen and McCartney simultaneously!

Thank You

That is all.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Just an update of what you damn brits are up to in the USA tonight.

^^ Class is permanent etc.

Srs doe, them olympic mascots... I have my doubts as to them being icons we can all get behind (by "All" I mean non-LDN folks who will neither get a citywide spitshine or any ?? of the budget for the whole shebang):

Why do we need 2? Why did they then make them look identical?
    What are they? Toothpaste(s)? Surveillance cameras?
    Moscow had a bear. No brainer. LA had a Crip or summik. I guess making an immigrant benefit scammer with 16 kids was too expensive, but surely we can do better.
    The names. I can never remember them. I keep calling them Bloodclot and Wensleydale, or Wetlook and Miserable, in line with the weather. You will concur that my names are better.

Is it because, I is, like, not fluent in their design language or summik? Pls to set a mug strayt if I am missing the Spirit of the Games (c) L.A., '84.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

I still can't look at the Olympic Nosher logo without seeing some kind of inter-logo fellatio fest.

This Olympic thing is really going to fusk with my commute.

But the city is generally free of mascot paraphernalia.
    The rings are more visible, particularly a lame decoration hanging from the middle top of Tower Bridge. Woeful.

The weather is putting a major dampener (pun) on the build up, for which the general populace are giving it meh despite the newspapers trying to whip it up.

The absence of a local Coe/Ovett rivalry, of an in-form global superstar, or major totty competitor candy all contributes to the ennui.

You-Sayin' Bolt is an in-form Global Superstar (of sorts). Man say man is free of injury now. Him and Johan Blake are shoe-ins for gelt and silver.

Although I cannot forsee the breaking of World Records, given most of the running will be in howling wind and driving rain. Thus giving LDN the Kiss of Death for any future five-ring festivities.

skel said:
    major totty competitor candy

There's always LOADS of totty at the Olympics. And I'm not even thinking about the women's beach volleyball event.

Yet.

neil_something said:
    here's something to cheer you up: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jul/22/ian-tomlinson-police-not-charged

on the plus side, at least i'm clear now that attacking someone from behind, without provocation is not a crime, even if the person dies shortly afterwards... anyone fancy filming me beating up a policeman in the same way to see if the CPS come to the same verdict?

Not guilty.

The jury's verdict, after four days of deliberations, brings about something of a legal contradiction: 14 months ago another jury, at the inquest into Tomlinson's death, ruled that he was unlawfully killed by Harwood. The inquest ruling was made on the same burden of proof as a criminal trial, that is, beyond reasonable doubt.

Neither jury heard details of Harwood's prior disciplinary record, which can only be reported now. This includes how he quit the Met on health grounds in 2001 shortly before a planned disciplinary hearing into claims he illegally tried to arrest a driver after a road rage incident while off duty, altering his notes to retrospectively justify the actions. Harwood was nonetheless able to join another force, Surrey, before returning to serve with the Met in 2005.

He allegedly punched, throttled, kneed or threatened other suspects while in uniform in other alleged incidents.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Flomotion said:

I still can't look at the Olympic Nosher logo without seeing some kind of inter-logo fellatio fest.

Ok, so today I took the southbank stroll from Tower Bridge to Big Ben and the whole place was heaving.
    About a quarter Americano, a third Balkan hatchet-face, the rest trad eurotrash.

Those bloody mascots are everywhere.

The party officially arrived, methinks.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Hola amigos, how's tricks?

Been off sunning myself for a few weeks in far flung parts of the world (well, the Canaries) and also thought it best to take a self imposed break from posting until the demands at work had died down a bit and general frustration was not spilling over. Apart from that, not a lot changed really, still one half of couple, still have a crumbling house, still in a job not going anywhere particularly fast (though working on a proposition that may offer up some transatlantic joys) and currently trying to work out if my commute through Stratford is going to offer a high enough level of pain through the games tyo warrant hibernating for three weeks

Congrats on your new job St*v*, it appears that the hard work is paying off for you which is always good to hear.

The lad is back!

::lalalala::

Let's go out for an Olympic beer week after next. Good locations around my office in the new shopping centre at st pauls

Good to know all is sweet, the assembled were concerned.

Just got back from Ibiza. Did I miss owt?

I need a yacht, apparently. Beer budget with a champagne taste-R. St*v* will singlehandedly stabilise the financial markets and make my cray financial gambling pay out. WE CAN DO THIS.