Paris Hilton getting her DJ on

40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
edited June 2012 in Strut Central

:woah:

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    She's good.

:feelin_it:

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    :goat:

nice wireless headphones & awesome mixing skills.

• She's :shreddin_it:

I can see a DMC championship in her future.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    she sings to songs she plays...lol

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    YO! That 'Ninja Of Rap' juggle/body-trick routine she does at 1:06 is fucking flawless!!!! Paris is the truth....

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    What's up with the new trend of sissy pants dance and raps songs with playing huge loops of people like Etta and Otis? It isn't supposed to be some sort of " we're in the same lane as the old dudes", is it?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    What's up with the new trend of sissy pants dance and raps songs with playing huge loops of people like Etta and Otis? It isn't supposed to be some sort of " we're in the same lane as the old dudes", is it?

I doubt anyone's thinking about it that deeply, and it's probably more coincidence than trend. I first heard that Etta sample used on a house tune over twenty years ago.

This thread is about the only one I've read on the topic of Paris Hellspawn's DJing debut that hasn't almost immediately descended into either idiotic "she's RUINED EVERYTHING!" tantrums or hateful misogyny. This is a good thing. I detest Paris Hilton and everything she represents, but none of that has anything to do with her chromosomes.

• big earbig ear 67 Posts
    forget Steve Aoki's rider, imagine what a promoter might have to dish up to get Paris to come and 'rock the house'.
    high on the list seems to be a miniature flag of whatever country she's appearing in (I knew I was forgetting something when I DJ).

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-attempts-set-world-record-fist-pumping-17-182511937.html

he super-glued his right fist closed "to ensure I maintain perfect fist formation."

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    big ear said:

high on the list seems to be a miniature flag of whatever country she's appearing in (I knew I was forgetting something when I DJ).

That shit was hilarious, especially the way she totally half-assed it like, "Wait...I'm supposed to do something now...something with a flag, maybe? Not sure if following choreography right...."

Also: "Abortions for some, miniature Brazilian flags for others!"

• Clip I saw...the scratch b/w dancing sexy through train wrecks. Game over.

And right on cue, here's Ballb4g Deadmau5 to tell us all what's up.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

""beatmatching" isn't even a fucking skill as far as I'm concered anyway. So what, you can count to 4. Cool. I had that skill down when i was 3, so don't give me that argument please."

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    "You know what makes the EDM show the crazy amazing show that it is? the fact that I wear a big fucking mousehead. that's what."*

* he doesn't actually say this, but if he did say it it would be the most honest part of his blog post.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    i am terribly out of touch with most of these "DJ's" i dont really know who Deadmau5 is, but after reading that article is sounds like kids need to stop focusing their bullying on bus ladies, and start making DJ's cry...lol

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yea, but would you take "N****** in Paris" 11 times over this?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    At this point (I've been at this point for a long time), I couldn't care less about technical skills. Goodness knows I've heard more technical acuity than actual good song selection in my life, and I definitely prefer the latter.
    You could be juggling torches and making stir-fry while spinning a set I could set a metronome to, but if it's the same damn songs I hear over and over again or secret squirrel remixes with as much heart and soul as rice cake, whatever, I'll forget about the set as soon as I get in the cab after last call.
    With all that music out there, it's taste and selection that sets folks apart from the rest imo
    (yes I know, we've had this conversation a bazillion times here before)

yuichi said:
    Yea, but would you take "N****** in Paris" 11 times over this?

Yes.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I can't imagine one person went thinking it would be good, so there's that.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    She seems to be playing tracks that were popular when she was. Talk about self absorbed...

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    David Beckham dj'ed at a club ages ago, same quality, but no tweets or youtube around back then, don't be so harsh on PH she can't help it

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    At least she scratching over techno.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

Deadmaus? That guy who made that song "Kooky" with D-Lo Brown?

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

Wow...I give credit for the guy's honesty...but, jesus, dude is just flat out admitting his show is an over priced/over-hyped listening party...what a damn shame.

Sunfade said:
    At least she scratching over techno.

Sometimes, I feel a little sorry for all you "heck no to techno" dudes who've never heard Claude Young or Jeff Mills spin. Those dudes would blow your fucking minds.

JectWon said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Wow...I give credit for the guy's honesty...but, jesus, dude is just flat out admitting his show is an over priced/over-hyped listening party...what a damn shame.

You're not the first person I've seen remark about his "honesty", but I think a lot of people may have got "honesty" and "the unguarded brainfarts of a man who wears a giant mouse's head for a living" confused. For reasons that are only slightly less bewildering than the apparent enormous popularity of his hacky, just-add-water music, he seems to have declared himself "The Voice Of EDM" (and God, do I hate that term). He reminds me of the kind of person who spends far too much time engaged in heated, prolonged online arguments - and would quite possibly get into a fistfight - over the precise definitions of dance music microgenres.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    JectWon said:
    DocMcCoy said:

That's a pisser. I'm doing my professional best to get people to buy tickets for his live shows and he's all but telling them to stay away. Not helpful, Mr Mau5.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    I have seen techno dudes in minnepolis destroy a room with an 808, 707 and an effects pedal. I would love to see HeirDeadmau5 even try to work those machines. What a tool.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    jaysus said:
    I have seen techno dudes in minnepolis destroy a room with an 808, 707 and an effects pedal. I would love to see HeirDeadmau5 even try to work those machines. What a tool.

his productions are executed exceptionally well from a technical point of few, whether you like it or not. He knows his stuff.
    He is an avid collector of old analogue synth and I'm quite sure he has a 808 & 707 somwhere "filed" in his collection.

finelikewine said:
    his productions are executed exceptionally well from a technical point of few,

So he's like the Yngwie Malmsteen of EDM, then? Or Boston without the songs?