the 40-year old virgin = best comedy of the year

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
i laughed so hard. steve carell is a loveable geek.

Comments

• Aw hell yeah. Need to see this.

Me and a date snuck a bottle of wine into "The Aristocrats" last night, I don't know if it was the wine but that shit is pee in your pants funny. I hella wanted to see "40 Yr Old Virgin" though. :/

• parenparen 537 Posts
    Aw hell yeah. Need to see this.

Me and a date snuck a bottle of wine into "The Aristocrats" last night, I don't know if it was the wine but that shit is pee in your pants funny. I hella wanted to see "40 Yr Old Virgin" though. :/

right on... the aristocrats just won the afternoon matinee coin-toss v. 40 yr. old virgin. looking forward to both...

aptow did amazing work with both freaks and geeks and undeclared so i expect great things from the film. If memory serves, Del and Fu Shnicks were playing on the primiere episode of Undeclared... bizarre for a Fox sitcom, no doubt.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Damn Ms. Damn, this just moved to the top of my list. I kinda wanted to see that Broken Flowers Bill Murray Jarmusch thing but, NAAAH.

Steve Carrell owns the nerd look.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Aw hell yeah. Need to see this.

what'd u think about the aristocrats?

• pknypkny 549 Posts

Just saw this today, 2 thumbs up. Extra points for having the dude who played MC Hammer in that VH1 movie in the film.

• Aw hell yeah. Need to see this.

that shit is pee in your pants funny

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

Just saw this today, 2 thumbs up. Extra points for having the dude who played MC Hammer in that VH1 movie in the film.

damn, that's

• parenparen 537 Posts

mixed feelings overall... but it was fun... Saget and Sarah Silverman stole the show for me, but that's nothing new.

... then his eye popped out... which he viewed as an opportunity...

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    the south park promo for aristrocrats may be the most offensive thing anyone's ever seen or heard. here it is. and be warned, don't say i didnt warn u. i'm saying, it could be the worst joke you ever heard in your life. ultimate worst. i warned u:

http://www.pimppanther.com/media/1121439623

ps does it have anything to do with the movie? i haven't seen it yet.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    the south park promo for aristrocrats may be the most offensive thing anyone's ever seen or heard. here it is. and be warned, don't say i didnt warn u. i'm saying, it could be the worst joke you ever heard in your life. ultimate worst. i warned u:

i like how your avatar looks up at my avatar like "wtf is wrong with him for linking that shit"

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

The whole movie is this joke being told in a bunch of different ways by diff comedians.....if that's what your asking. Not sure where that South Park promo could be played. Was it actually on TV but bleeped?

no i doubt it was on television...i think it was just an online promo. the movie concept sound interesting

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    no i doubt it was on television...i think it was just an online promo. the movie concept sound interesting

Yea, the idea is that this is an old joke that comedians tell eachother, but wouldn't ever really do on stage. The idea being improv. The only required lines are "Family walks into a talent agent............the Aristocrates" Everything in between is made up and the nastier the better.

Side note, it's funny a lot of people didn't know that Saget did some pretty dirty stand up before he got the Full House gig. Even now he' still pretty dirty with his solo stuff.

Yea, the idea is that this is an old joke that comedians tell eachother, but wouldn't ever really do on stage. The idea being improv. The only required lines are "Family walks into a talent agent............the Aristocrates" Everything in between is made up and the nastier the better.

Side note, it's funny a lot of people didn't know that Saget did some pretty dirty stand up before he got the Full House gig. Even now he' still pretty dirty with his solo stuff.

i've been trying for ages to track down his dirty stand up. i think he put that stuff to rest once he joined full house, but once that gig was over, he started stand up again, and for two minutes he said every sexual/curse word u heard in your life as his intro. i got to hear that stuff.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I checked this out last night...............

The first 45 minutes are brillant then it becomes a slow spiral down, deevolving into a fuckin' yuppie date love story.

Loved the superhero doll references though.

• I thought it was kind of refreshing to see a movie that said to hell with being PC and displayed copious amounts of hedonism & raunchy humor (along with a message of course). Seth Rogen stole the show. Funny shit. Highly recommended.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

From a recent Village Voice/Michael Musto column:

>>Finally, I spoke to BOB SAGET, who's corrosively funny in the film, a far shriek from the Saran-wrapped Ken doll he's played on TV. "People won't want to see me pick up the kids on Full House reruns anymore, will they?" he smirked. After some banter about how Saget supposedly shits every 15 minutes and how Warhol would have loved him, we got down to business: Fisting versus felching, please? "If you're able to do both," he obliged, "if you can reach into a man's ass and take out the felch material, then you're like a monkey in a zoo that throws things at people. It's all wrong!" Yeah, but has he ever felched the
    OLSEN TWINS? He looked stricken. "I will not use curse words in the same paragraph with their names," Saget said, respectfully. Depressed, I went home and fucked my goldfish.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    shits Fisting felching man's ass felch material monkey OLSEN TWINS fucked my goldfish. "People won't want to see me pick up the kids on Full House reruns anymore, will they?"

this has been saget's schtick since that show ended. it's not particularly shocking after 10+ years. it's just sad.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I saw "Virgin" today as a matinee. I literally had to wipe my face clean twice because I was crying from laughing so much. Ridiculous.

• no i doubt it was on television...i think it was just an online promo. the movie concept sound interesting

I just learned about this joke when I found out about the movie. I love the whole idea of just trying your damndest to cross every line possible. Pretty interesting how this joke has supposedly been around since Vaudeville. Phyllis Diller passed out when she first heard it, and it's that Gilbert Godfreid did this joke as he was starting to bomb at the Hugh Hefner roast.

Here's a site that is a database of variations of the joke, all rated:

http://www.dead-frog.com/aristocrats/

Peace...
    FNM

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

From a recent Village Voice/Michael Musto column:

>>Finally, I spoke to BOB SAGET, who's corrosively funny in the film, a far shriek from the Saran-wrapped Ken doll he's played on TV. "People won't want to see me pick up the kids on Full House reruns anymore, will they?" he smirked. After some banter about how Saget supposedly shits every 15 minutes and how Warhol would have loved him, we got down to business: Fisting versus felching, please? "If you're able to do both," he obliged, "if you can reach into a man's ass and take out the felch material, then you're like a monkey in a zoo that throws things at people. It's all wrong!" Yeah, but has he ever felched the
    OLSEN TWINS? He looked stricken. "I will not use curse words in the same paragraph with their names," Saget said, respectfully. Depressed, I went home and fucked my goldfish.

I've actually caught Saget's stand up and it is incredibly dirty and hysterical. For a while he was playing every now and then at the Comedy store in LA, he might still be there.

• stingerstinger 13 Posts
    before I heard about the movie I thought the idea was to tell a joke that was so unbelievably offensive and unfunny, then have inside guys around to laugh, then the mark would laugh at the unfunny horrible joke, just to fit in. guess not.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I saw "Virgin" today as a matinee. I literally had to wipe my face clean twice because I was crying from laughing so much. Ridiculous.
    Really ridiculous (in a good way). Did y'all peep when dude was rockin' that Liquid Swords shirt?

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Definately the best comedy of the year so far. I'm fiending to see it again.

• I saw "Virgin" today as a matinee. I literally had to wipe my face clean twice because I was crying from laughing so much. Ridiculous.
    Really ridiculous (in a good way). Did y'all peep when dude was rockin' that Liquid Swords shirt?

haha yeah, also noticed the Fear Of A Black Planet shirt.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

haha yeah, also noticed the Fear Of A Black Planet shirt.
    Oh yeah, he was flexin' that PE tee .

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    when I went to Wedding Crashers and saw the preview for this, I didn't really want to see it.. but I guess I will check it out now that you guys have given it all this positive feedback..

it will be hard to top Wedding Crashers for me, that shit is funny as hell

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    A girl I went to college with is in this. She plays the girl with large ta-tas that checks out Carell as he's walking down the street. I think her name in the credits is girl with big tits.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    A girl I went to college with is in this. She plays the girl with large ta-tas that checks out Carell as he's walking down the street. I think her name in the credits is girl with big tits.

HA! I guess she's not credited as "the girl with big tits at Speed Dating session" then.

I liked this film, but somehow enjoyed "Wedding Crashers" more.

SG