Thrust - SEALED

12346»

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    yeah, i know, but whoever wrote that thread tried to cover their tracks?

Re: Thrust - SEALED [Re: Soulhawk]
    #321157 - 04/27/05 11:11 AM

Dude knows he's wrong - that shit was uncalled for -

someday the big sunshine ray of karma's gonna beam down on Count Breckula and turn his ass to dust.

Deep beats and deep crates,
    SonicReducer
    (TEAMAARON)

yeah, I'm way evil dude, watch out for me...

seriously. you don't even know the real story period, I was foolishly trying to help BH out by tipping that there weren't gonna be that many chances if folls wanted to 'get at' a thrust.

but go ahead & ass-ume what you wanna.

---

yo aa, I think you're the one that's out of line here - you don't even know me man at all, 'cept to say 'ugh' & I certainly barely know you beyond that. Actually, I had noticed your posts about recovery & since I had some experiences touching on that I thought you were fairly right-on - so all this animosity is pretty odd.

I'm just a guy that does my thing, I try to be straight-up to everyone, I speak my mind, I talk shit, sometimes people don't want to hear it, sometimes they do, whatever. I probably should've just stayed mum in this case, but my conscience is clear.

---

• all i was saying- yes, i could have been all secret-squirrel about it & been deceptive (even by omission) about having a few copies. instead, i sold them to my 'friends' & contacted the underbidders, which i used to think worked fine. i was so much happier when i was blissfully ignorant of this henhouse shit. but, like, is it just me, or is it kind of fucking lame for chris ball to blurt out that he was offered a copy, and that 'volume' had turned up? hmm. and then for one of the dudes who got a sealed record to say it was the most poorly played ever---then perhaps it was. my goal isn't to 'max out' on every funk record. i prefer to keep those offline, for trades and hand to hand (discount) sale. so what i've learned that being reasonable about rare records means you're a fool? why would i want to ebay funk records to you guys when i could sell northern to them? sometimes you meet nice people with this stuff. like aaron. who has my back! but let's not crucify breckula here, he just says the wrong thing. oftentimes. i think he's trying to be british. or controversial-- like madonna. pass the peace pipe and let it rest.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    this is insane.

b***k talking temporary smack about ebay's top hand model
    a***n getting gangster
    ebay's top hand model inbetween all of this.

this thread is out of control. records are fun.
    now where's anibal?????

• indiana45sindiana45s 266 Posts
    all i was saying- yes, i could have been all secret-squirrel about it & been deceptive (even by omission) about having a few copies. instead, i sold them to my 'friends' & contacted the underbidders, which i used to think worked fine. i was so much happier when i was blissfully ignorant of this henhouse shit. but, like, is it just me, or is it kind of fucking lame for chris ball to blurt out that he was offered a copy, and that 'volume' had turned up? hmm. and then for one of the dudes who got a sealed record to say it was the most poorly played ever---then perhaps it was. my goal isn't to 'max out' on every funk record. i prefer to keep those offline, for trades and hand to hand (discount) sale. so what i've learned that being reasonable about rare records means you're a fool? why would i want to ebay funk records to you guys when i could sell northern to them? sometimes you meet nice people with this stuff. like aaron. who has my back! but let's not crucify breckula here, he just says the wrong thing. oftentimes. i think he's trying to be british. or controversial-- like madonna. pass the peace pipe and let it rest.

Thinking back on it, I totally agree. It was incredibly lame of me.

Sorry.

• all i was saying- yes, i could have been all secret-squirrel about it & been deceptive (even by omission) about having a few copies. instead, i sold them to my 'friends' & contacted the underbidders, which i used to think worked fine. i was so much happier when i was blissfully ignorant of this henhouse shit. but, like, is it just me, or is it kind of fucking lame for chris ball to blurt out that he was offered a copy, and that 'volume' had turned up? hmm. and then for one of the dudes who got a sealed record to say it was the most poorly played ever---then perhaps it was. my goal isn't to 'max out' on every funk record. i prefer to keep those offline, for trades and hand to hand (discount) sale. so what i've learned that being reasonable about rare records means you're a fool? why would i want to ebay funk records to you guys when i could sell northern to them? sometimes you meet nice people with this stuff. like aaron. who has my back! but let's not crucify breckula here, he just says the wrong thing. oftentimes. i think he's trying to be british. or controversial-- like madonna. pass the peace pipe and let it rest.

As long as you made your money, man. Can I have one?

• yo aa, I think you're the one that's out of line here

Maybe, maybe not. My post was a bit harsh and I apologize for that. I saw a friend of mine's business not only harshly criticized but out in the open on a public forum. My typing hand saw red.

you don't even know me man at all

True. Although we run in similar circles, have mutual friends, shop at the same stores, I don't know you. Maybe we should get some burritos sometime and discuss the James Tatum issue.

I certainly barely know you

True also. See above. In my defense, those who do know me know that I'm a fiercely loyal friend.

I probably should've just stayed mum in this case

The whole scene, myself included, needs a giant family sized case of MUM.

Sorry for the character attacks B***k and peace to B**d for being the cool headed hand model who also doubles as a fine referee.

Deep beats and deep crates,
    SonicReducer
    (TEAMAARON)

• 4_LOVE4_LOVE 16 Posts
    the James Tatum issue.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    all i was saying- yes, i could have been all secret-squirrel about it & been deceptive (even by omission) about having a few copies. instead, i sold them to my 'friends' & contacted the underbidders, which i used to think worked fine. i was so much happier when i was blissfully ignorant of this henhouse shit. but, like, is it just me, or is it kind of fucking lame for chris ball to blurt out that he was offered a copy, and that 'volume' had turned up? hmm. and then for one of the dudes who got a sealed record to say it was the most poorly played ever---then perhaps it was. my goal isn't to 'max out' on every funk record. i prefer to keep those offline, for trades and hand to hand (discount) sale. so what i've learned that being reasonable about rare records means you're a fool? why would i want to ebay funk records to you guys when i could sell northern to them? sometimes you meet nice people with this stuff. like aaron. who has my back! but let's not crucify breckula here, he just says the wrong thing. oftentimes. i think he's trying to be british. or controversial-- like madonna. pass the peace pipe and let it rest.

fair enough. but now you better get outta here while you can. The last ebay baller to step on here to defend his business never left. Then he shitted out his mind and blood and now only listens to pygmy records

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    the James Tatum issue.

• the James Tatum issue.

Oh come on now.

B was the dude who informed me people wanted that record for big $$$. It's also no secret I don't think much of it myself. I have sold 3 of them in the past year though. Thanks B!

SONIC

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    the James Tatum issue.

Oh come on now.

B was the dude who informed me people wanted that record for big $$$. It's also no secret I don't think much of it myself. I have sold 3 of them in the past year though. Thanks B!

SONIC

well i heard brad found 4 boxes of them

joke joke joke

i wish he did so i could finally get one

the James Tatum issue.

Oh come on now.

SONIC

'Jazz Mass' seems like a very 'Southfield-friendly' lp.

I wish I had figured out it was a high-ticket thingy before I traded a couple out locally for a pittance. I think a noted hand-model acquired one from me in exchange for a 1200 that the previous owner had poured a grape soda into...

---

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Is it safe to go record-shopping in Detroit now? I just got my unemployment check...

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Hmm... it's been a minute. I'll put on my "flack jacket" and pay a certain local record store a visit.

• chrischris 287 Posts

"For large ticket items ($30+) i now require delivery confirmation for an additional $8."

err, how are you going to charge 8 bucks for something that cost 45 cents ??

• "For large ticket items ($30+) i now require delivery confirmation for an additional $8."

err, how are you going to charge 8 bucks for something that cost 45 cents ??

INFLATION