Thrust - SEALED

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    All I know is, I'm gonna outbid earlshibe at the last second on this auction.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    All I know is, I'm gonna outbid earlshibe at the last second on this auction.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    WHO HAS MADE THIS A GRAIL FOR THEMSELVES TO INDULGE IN AND WHY?

Why cannot thou be content with 180 gram fany repress in nice super modern packaging?

HUMAN CONDITIONz BEFUDDLEz ME

I was kidding, I'm so content with my reish. (and all the money in my savings account)

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I'm VERY content with my reish.

I don't know what cover I like better though. The reish has a dope cover but I'm a sucker for generic sunset covers ya know?

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    what kinda lame name is bro dawg anyway? you mad bra doggie?

I'm changing my name after this auction ends. Can't be having people lurk on my bids.

And BRO_DAWG is the best fucking ebay name ever, haters.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

I'm changing my name after this auction ends. Can't be having people lurk on my bids.

Playah... haven't you heard of auctionsniper? Ain't no way someone can stalk you if you bid in the last 3 seconds.

Playah... haven't you heard of auctionsniper? Ain't no way someone can stalk you if you bid in the last 3 seconds.

If there is something I really really want I'm usually in front of the screen when I need to drop that bid. I've used Auction snipe a few times.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    we are down to the last hour on this and someone named "canbeoutbid" is on the case.

we are down to the last hour on this and someone named "canbeoutbid" is on the case.

J. Yoder comes in with a bid of $486. I'm out.

I can't play... This is a plane ticket to somewhere nice and warm with crystal clear blue waters.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Wow, I was certain this thing would hit 4 figures by now.
    People must be waiting with the last minute snipes.

This thing is in 'baller collector-style' condition

waiting, waiting, waiting....

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Look at all those views, this thing is funna blow

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Predicition: cantbeoutbid will be outbid

Predicition: cantbeoutbid will be outbid

PREDICTION: TFFUNK WILL COME IN AND HUMBLE FOLKS WITH HIS BANKROLL BIDDING. BUT HE WON'T WIN.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

I can't play... This is a plane ticket to somewhere nice and warm with crystal clear blue waters.

you can probably get the band members to do a concert in your garage for $486

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    $515!!!!! Way less than I thought!!! WTF??

WHERE WAS TFFUNK?

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

WHERE WAS TFFUNK?

I wonder if people were too intimidated to bid? On some "Oh, there's no way I'll win that even for $1,000 so I won't bid" type steez. Perplexing.

Another case of a reish depreciating the value of a record. Thrill is gone.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You dropped the ball, nate.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    You dropped the , nate.

You dropped the , nate.

I decided to swing a little lower and pick up the "stepper" joun.

• $515!!!!! Way less than I thought!!! WTF??

yeah, I believe Raj hit the nail on the head with this one.

SONIC

SONIC

Does that mean it's a case of people hearing the reish and deciding it's not worth $1000, or that because people can get it another way, they don't need the OG? I've never heard the record, so I don't know.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Both. It is a GREAT record, but a reish is ok

Im down with reishes for sure!

SONIC

Does that mean it's a case of people hearing the reish and deciding it's not worth $1000, or that because people can get it another way, they don't need the OG? I've never heard the record, so I don't know.

I run into alot of cats at the record store who will spend decent money on an original record but will also gladly take a $10 reissue instead. They're not as hung up on originals and pressing crap as some of us are (myself included), they just want the record anyway they can get it. I would have to believe the majority of people are like "cool, now I don't have to spend a thousand bucks to hear this" or "sweet, now I can get this for $10 and spend the money I saved on some more records" rather than people let down by the music and lowering the demand.

I've seen this happen enough that I dread the new Scorpio updates because it's like watching some of my records devalue in seconds.

SONIC

• I run into alot of cats at the record store who will spend decent money on an original record but will also gladly take a $10 reissue instead. They're not as hung up on originals and pressing crap as some of us are (myself included), they just want the record anyway they can get it. I would have to believe the majority of people are like "cool, now I don't have to spend a thousand bucks to hear this" or "sweet, now I can get this for $10 and spend the money I saved on some more records" rather than people let down by the music and lowering the demand.

What I notice is after a reissue comes out there's a lot of people scrambling for an original copy, then things settle down 6 months or a year later.

They're like OG pressing ambulance-chasers.

Worldwide, the number of people willing to spend over $500 on a record is not that many and the number of things that fit into that category is no tthat large. I think online we tend to forget this. If a half dozen people are seriously into a record like, say, Thrust, all get their copy, the rest of the non super uber ballers can do really well. Which is why ebay is a good thing. A couple times I've seen a record go for quite a lot of money, which gets people digging in their closets for their copy, I mean, who wouldn't get rid a record for $500 they haven't listened to in 30 years? In this way ebay is quite a good thing.