Thrust - SEALED

Comments

• An other example of this would be the Larry T record. Which i thoroughly enjoy either way. There seems to be many many copies always available all the time. Holler at him directly and his charge is very reasonable.

Yeah, I traded out heavy for a Larry T and dude insinuated he had three copies. Turns out there are like 1000 copies of it and everyone has volume now.

incidentally, I was an underbidder on the Thrust and was offered a copy. That's when I knew volume had turned up. I declined.

• An other example of this would be the Larry T record. Which i thoroughly enjoy either way. There seems to be many many copies always available all the time. Holler at him directly and his charge is very reasonable.

Yeah, I traded out heavy for a Larry T and dude straight up lied to me, insinuating he had three copies. Turns out there are like 1000 copies of it and everyone has volume now.

He's a local CA street musician.. never got paid.... so who can blame him for milking people who call him up out of the blue? (or are you saying, you did a deal with somebody who wasn't larry T and THAT person lied?)

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    HAPPY

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Dude...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Dude...

Edited by Jonny_Paycheck (04/27/05 12:49 PM)

why don't we delete this whole thread and start over again?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Yeah, I traded out heavy for a Larry T and dude insinuated he had three copies. Turns out there are like 1000 copies of it and everyone has volume now.

incidentally, I was an underbidder on the Thrust and was offered a copy. That's when I knew volume had turned up. I declined.

I have never dealth with Larry T himself. For the record, I've heard he's a super cool dude!

I got the record off of someone else.

Jason

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

---

man, i don't think I've ever seen the record game played so badly - first my man makes the mistake of exclaiming 'this record is worth a small fortune!!!' to the elderly scavenger dude who brought the first sealed copy in, then watches the price point climb ever steadily into the three figures with each additional copy, then he he foolishly makes offers to the underbidders out of financial desperation & lets the perception of 'I'm using a box of these as a doorstop' spread among potential e-buyers.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

"You know what you need to do Raj, edit edit edit"[/b]

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    now I can see why people were trying to ban you...

I'm very big in the UK - they helped me out of that last scandal...

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    On a semi/quasi (un)related note, there's a sign for a lawn care service on someone's lawn on the way to work that looks EXACTLY like the text on the Larry T cover. Might have to snap a picture of that. Pants.

On a semi/quasi (un)related note, there's a sign for a lawn care service on someone's lawn on the way to work that looks EXACTLY like the text on the Larry T cover. Might have to snap a picture of that. Pants.

yeah, I also love/hate how those stock photos were used on many private press records. sometimes you've already stooled blood before you realize it's Jimmy Swaggarts cousin raer...

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Should be interesting if anybody bids on the one up this week.

20 hours left

500 dollars

700 dollars- buy it now

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    yeah, I also love/hate how those stock photos were used on many private press records. sometimes you've already stooled blood before you realize it's Jimmy Swaggarts cousin raer...

It's all a part of private records. Sometimes you get a weird folk rock opera, other times you get someone's wife recording all of the songs she learned at choir last week. Beck even knew what he was doing.

• is this ethical? i hooked up the cat who wrote this with one of my seven (total) copies. i kept all but one right by where the record is from. i doubled my money on each copy. except the one that mr. finance here got, and other friends nearby. oh, and the one that just didn't sell. perhaps you don't understand what i do. i'm a hand model, not a thief.

• in response to this part----------->
    man, i don't think I've ever seen the record game played so badly - first my man makes the mistake of exclaiming 'this record is worth a small fortune!!!' to the elderly scavenger dude who brought the first sealed copy in, then watches the price point climb ever steadily into the three figures with each additional copy, then he he foolishly makes offers to the underbidders out of financial desperation & lets the perception of 'I'm using a box of these as a doorstop' spread among potential e-buyers.

• 4_LOVE4_LOVE 16 Posts
    man, i don't think I've ever seen the record game played so badly

You can say that again. You'd think a "Record Dealer", would know how to maintain the demand on a LP.

Rule number one. Keep it on the DL.

I was quoting someone else. Play on, playah!

It's all a part of private records. Sometimes you get a weird folk rock opera, other times you get someone's wife recording all of the songs she learned at choir last week. Beck even knew what he was doing.

Yeah, I know. I've got a school band lp that uses that Beck pic. A few months ago I thought I passed on some Alhambra repped private funk stool softener, but it was a xian record with the same cover. I've found in again since. I think the thrust sunset made it around too...

• yeah, i know, but whoever wrote that thread tried to cover their tracks?

yeah, i know, but whoever wrote that thread tried to cover their tracks?

Re: Thrust - SEALED [Re: Soulhawk]
    #321157 - 04/27/05 11:11 AM

• yeah, i know, but whoever wrote that thread tried to cover their tracks?

Re: Thrust - SEALED [Re: Soulhawk]
    #321157 - 04/27/05 11:11 AM

Dude knows he's wrong - that shit was uncalled for -

someday the big sunshine ray of karma's gonna beam down on Count Breckula and turn his ass to dust.

Deep beats and deep crates,
    SonicReducer
    (TEAMAARON)

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    wait, what happened? im confused