Sesame Street break?

13»

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    HEY YOUUUUU GUYSSSSS.....

Saying... can't front on my man Easy Reader.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

I'm glad you cats stopped before "R" cause it's just too foul. Gracias.

What you talkin' bout, A.I.? You mean "R" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "rictum" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-boomp-kak? Or you mean the whole thing? Yeah, I guess it is kinda foul. But you know you love it!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

What you talkin' bout, A.I.? You mean "R" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "rictum" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-boomp-kak? Or you mean the whole thing? Yeah, I guess it is kinda foul. But you know you love it!

I always thought they were saying something else, but I just pulled out my copy and listened to it, and you're right, R DOES STAND FOR RECTUM. Now with that being the case...

"S" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "stinky pussy" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-boomp-kak...

I always thought they were saying something else, but I just pulled out my copy and listened to it, and you're right, R DOES STAND FOR RECTUM.

Oh, now you know you gots to tell us what you thought they was sayin', AI! "rip 'em"? "rape 'em"???

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I always thought it was "rape them"

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Yeah, it's nasty, but mad funky!!! Dude on the drums was gettin' busy!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

I found a bunch of these sealed one time in Camden, NJ. I made a lot of money selling them. I don't like this record, though.

You went digging in Camden? Man if I knew a spot in Camden had every raer you could imagine, I would not go over there... Camden is like a real live zombie cracked out town... I was over there the night that B Hopp whooped up on Tito Trinindad to pick up my wifeS uncle and the building that he lived in was like night of the living baseheads... everybody was walking around with the jaws twitchin' and eyes popping out of they head... I used to have a girl who was from there and hun was like a split personality... we would be eating in Atlantic city and one minute she would be cool and the next she would be spitting fried rice all over the table... man I glad I'm a settled down married man, dating is crazy...

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

slept on...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

slept on...

I sampled from it back in the early 90's. No snoozin' here, B!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I found a bunch of these sealed one time in Camden, NJ. I made a lot of money selling them. I don't like this record, though.

You went digging in Camden? Man if I knew a spot in Camden had every raer you could imagine, I would not go over there... Camden is like a real live zombie cracked out town...

Dog, in my heyday I was down to get records from ANYWHERE. Crack houses, shooting galleries, date houses, you name it. Spots like that was where I got some of my craziest heat!!! I used to just cruise the hood, and I'm talking about the absolute WORST parts of Philly in search of records, just asking drunks and bassheads if they knew where that heat was at. I rolled up into Camden, complete with loaded 9mm (I know how they get down over on that side, trust me) and stepped right up into some crazy lookin' spots following the leads of complete strangers who could've been setting me up for a robbery. Unfortunately I didn't find much in Camden (although I know of some Japanese dudes who came up like a mug over thurr), but I did luck up in this one store that was loaded with water damaged records on the 2nd floor- just happened to look under this one cabinet that I guess everybody else passed over and voila, a whole stack of sealed Soul Sesame Streets. I hit off dudes like Mr. Walt of Da Beatminerz, Prince B from PM Dawn and some other producers who I can't remember. I'm pretty sure another dude stole one from me, but I can't prove it so I won't mention no names.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    here's the nautilus and arcee track "twelve", great used of the sample

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0Q1KVJXO1C8L92Z1PZZ14SWVIY

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Unfortunately I didn't find much in Camden (although I know of some Japanese dudes who came up like a mug over thurr)

Dope! Were the Japanese dudes wearing limited edition Dunks, Miners hats with lights and whistles around their necks?!!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    no one mentioned Born to Add, the cover is a take off on the Bruce Springsteen Born to Run. But nyway, there' s a funky ass cover of the Barry White break, by Cookie Monster.

yo, thats some bl*wf&y shit right there! i'm gonna munch you munch you munch you??? what were they thinking????????

"T" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "turd packer" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-boomp-kak.
    "U" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "used pussy" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp-boomp, kak, boomp-boomp, kak, kizzzzzz, kak-kak-kak.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "V" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "very good pussy" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-boomp-kak.

"W" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "wild motherfucker" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp-boomp, kak, boomp-boomp, kak, kizzzzzz, kak-kak-kak.

"X" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "extra piece of ass" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-kak-kak-kak-kak-kak.

"Y" boomp, kak-kak, kak, boomp, kak "your good pussy" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp-boomp, kak, boomp.

"Z" kak, boomp-booomp, boomp, kak "zombie pussy", boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp-boomp, kak, boomp-boomp.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Ohhh old thread revival!

Just came across this and found it interesting.

A Letter from Walt Kraemer

[Following up my response to yesterdays comment in the Pinball Song thread, Walt Kraemer has been kind enough to email me with some information about the song. So here it is, definitive and from the person who composed and produced it, everything you ever wanted to know about the Sesame Street Pinball Number Count.]

As composer and producer of Sesame Street???s Pinball Music I was flattered to find interest in something I created over a quarter of a century ago. Our company, Imagination, Inc in San Francisco produced a great number of animation pieces for Children???s Television Workshop at that time so forgive me if I???m a bit hazy as to some of the particulars.

Those were indeed the Pointer Sisters. All four of them. At the time only three were performing regularly and I recall budgeting for just the three when June showed up at the session with the rest. It was a bonus. The basic track was performed by San Francisco Bay Area musicians and since there were to be eleven pieces of animation I had the track structured to accomodate three different lead instrument overdubs to give the pieces some variety. On some numbers Andy Narell plays a steel drums solo, on others Mel Martin plays a soprano sax solo, on the rest??? I forget. Much credit should go to Ed Bogas for interpreting my melody ideas and for the musical arrangements.

The concept and design was devised by our animation director, Jeff Hale. It was his idea that I create basic tracks then record as ???wild-lines??? the Pointers shouting the various 2-11 numbers in different intensities and different compliments of voices. Then, each time the pin ball hit a selected number he would drop in these (off-key???couldn???t be helped) wild lines. While I have retained first or second generation masters (quarter inch tape now converted to DAT and CD) of 99% my audio productions over the years it is for above reason there was never a ???master??? track. This news came as a dissapointment to the folks back at Sesame Street who were planning the current CD release. Unfortunately, I have retained nothing from this session. Matter of fact, I haven???t heard the piece in years.

On the techinal side, we recorded at Richard Beggs??? (Francis Ford Coppola???s) studio in the Columbus Towers Building, 24 track, analog???of course. Mag transfers were made at Imagination, Inc. which is long out of business. And, again unfortunately, there is nothing left of either the animation cells nor audio elements for any of that beautiful work.

Personally, I am honored to be thought of in the same company as Herbie Hancock and Frank Zappa. My approach was to write the piece in 12-4 or 12-8 time but that didn???t quite work out. And it wasn???t until we had completed the project that I realized I may have stolen the first five notes of the Woody Woodpecker Song. Something I???m sure neither Hancock nor Zappa would be guilty of.

Cordially,

Walt Kraemer

The OG Video if anyone wants to take a walk down memory lane.

http://whytheluckystiff.net/o..e/pinball_number_count.avi

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

You went digging in Camden? Man if I knew a spot in Camden had every raer you could imagine, I would not go over there... Camden is like a real live zombie cracked out town... I was over there the night that B Hopp whooped up on Tito Trinindad to pick up my wifeS uncle and the building that he lived in was like night of the living baseheads... everybody was walking around with the jaws twitchin' and eyes popping out of they head... I used to have a girl who was from there and hun was like a split personality... we would be eating in Atlantic city and one minute she would be cool and the next she would be spitting fried rice all over the table... man I glad I'm a settled down married man, dating is crazy...

best post ever...

• There is a pretty big break on Bob McGrath "of Sesame Street" album. Some pretty cool songs in general, one with a nice groovy breakdown at the end. Groovin on the Sunshine or some shiz. PM me if you want it.

ive seen this around, if i remember correctly the breaks are just a lot of clapping and stomping?

There is at least one "real" drum break and some cool ass bass.

i'd definitely be interested in hearing the break and bass, any way you can post a clip? i havent seen this album for a little while and i kinda regret not picking it up the few times ive seen it at thrift stores.

This album was a big letdown to me.

http://www.grafwritah.com/beats/BobMcG_Example.mp3

• Ohhh old thread revival!

Just came across this and found it interesting.

A Letter from Walt Kraemer

[Following up my response to yesterdays comment in the Pinball Song thread, Walt Kraemer has been kind enough to email me with some information about the song. So here it is, definitive and from the person who composed and produced it, everything you ever wanted to know about the Sesame Street Pinball Number Count.]

As composer and producer of Sesame Street???s Pinball Music I was flattered to find interest in something I created over a quarter of a century ago. Our company, Imagination, Inc in San Francisco produced a great number of animation pieces for Children???s Television Workshop at that time so forgive me if I???m a bit hazy as to some of the particulars.

Those were indeed the Pointer Sisters. All four of them. At the time only three were performing regularly and I recall budgeting for just the three when June showed up at the session with the rest. It was a bonus. The basic track was performed by San Francisco Bay Area musicians and since there were to be eleven pieces of animation I had the track structured to accomodate three different lead instrument overdubs to give the pieces some variety. On some numbers Andy Narell plays a steel drums solo, on others Mel Martin plays a soprano sax solo, on the rest??? I forget. Much credit should go to Ed Bogas for interpreting my melody ideas and for the musical arrangements.

The concept and design was devised by our animation director, Jeff Hale. It was his idea that I create basic tracks then record as ???wild-lines??? the Pointers shouting the various 2-11 numbers in different intensities and different compliments of voices. Then, each time the pin ball hit a selected number he would drop in these (off-key???couldn???t be helped) wild lines. While I have retained first or second generation masters (quarter inch tape now converted to DAT and CD) of 99% my audio productions over the years it is for above reason there was never a ???master??? track. This news came as a dissapointment to the folks back at Sesame Street who were planning the current CD release. Unfortunately, I have retained nothing from this session. Matter of fact, I haven???t heard the piece in years.

On the techinal side, we recorded at Richard Beggs??? (Francis Ford Coppola???s) studio in the Columbus Towers Building, 24 track, analog???of course. Mag transfers were made at Imagination, Inc. which is long out of business. And, again unfortunately, there is nothing left of either the animation cells nor audio elements for any of that beautiful work.

Personally, I am honored to be thought of in the same company as Herbie Hancock and Frank Zappa. My approach was to write the piece in 12-4 or 12-8 time but that didn???t quite work out. And it wasn???t until we had completed the project that I realized I may have stolen the first five notes of the Woody Woodpecker Song. Something I???m sure neither Hancock nor Zappa would be guilty of.

Cordially,

Walt Kraemer

The OG Video if anyone wants to take a walk down memory lane.

http://whytheluckystiff.net/o..e/pinball_number_count.avi

Thanks for this!!!
    This is why I love soulstrut. I remember watching the pinball number song as a kid and loving it's stark reality-like wonderfull-ness.

• the cookie monster c is for cookie bw pointer sisters pinball numbercount was released for the first time via ninjatuen about a year. ago. it had was basically an edit of the song that kept it longer. no real break just funky as hell

While its seems like that was ez to extend, it wasn't. My friend Ben aka DSP is down with DJ Food (who did the re-edit) and gave me the run down. Basically he spliced 12(!) different short versions of the song together to make the edit that appears on that 12". That's why you hear random numbers throughout the edit, the original version would just have the one number they were using for that cartoon, and wasn't really more than a minute and a half or so long. It sounded like it was to get it right, and I give DJ food much deserved props.

If you don't have that 12" I highly recommend grabbing it before it dissapears (it came out a minute ago). When you drop the number song out, it fucks people up from the seseme street generation. The Larry Levan mix of 'C is for Cookie' on the flip ain't exactly around either.

$??

• oh and i forgot the illest sesame street lp is Roosevelt Franklin

major cosign...roosevelt franklin with the ill funk!

ZING!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    The stars come out on sesame street lp doesn't have any breaks, but it does feature a duet between Oscar the grouch and Johnny Cash. Plus it has the Pointer Sisters doing yes we can can. So I guess there's a break on there.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    the cookie monster c is for cookie bw pointer sisters pinball numbercount was released for the first time via ninjatuen about a year. ago. it had was basically an edit of the song that kept it longer. no real break just funky as hell

While its seems like that was ez to extend, it wasn't. My friend Ben aka DSP is down with DJ Food (who did the re-edit) and gave me the run down. Basically he spliced 12(!) different short versions of the song together to make the edit that appears on that 12". That's why you hear random numbers throughout the edit, the original version would just have the one number they were using for that cartoon, and wasn't really more than a minute and a half or so long. It sounded like it was to get it right, and I give DJ food much deserved props.

If you don't have that 12" I highly recommend grabbing it before it dissapears (it came out a minute ago). When you drop the number song out, it fucks people up from the seseme street generation. The Larry Levan mix of 'C is for Cookie' on the flip ain't exactly around either.

$??

Is anyone still selling this? I always meant to pick it up.

• did anyone mention the SESAME STREET WITH THE STARS lp with the pointer sisters performing "yes we can" peace, stein. . .

• chasechase 767 Posts

slept on...

thats the one I was talking about in the begining of the thread

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    did anyone mention the SESAME STREET WITH THE STARS lp with the pointer sisters performing "yes we can" peace, stein. . .

yea I did two posts up

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THAT VIDEO!!!!!!

i havent seen that shit since i was like 6 but i remembered it pretty well, and remember LOVING it then and i love it even more now!!

SO GOOD