Sesame Street break?

Comments

• choleracholera 101 Posts
    Nautilus and Arcee - Twelve
    1234567891011 twe-e-e-e-e-e-e-elve!
    12!

didn't he do it with a dj named "lil jazz" or something?

canadian talent represent

Dj Grouch (Oscar) from Turnstylez did the cuts on both the a-side and the b-side track 'Record Making Manual'. And might I say, he did a damn fine job. Lil Jaz is also in Turnstylez, though.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    oh cool.

I saw arcee live with lil jazz, and jazz was on turntables for that song which is why i thought he did it. brownies represent.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I found a bunch of these sealed one time in Camden, NJ. I made a lot of money selling them. I don't like this record, though.

Don't stop there. Describe, pleez!! This isn't some dollarbin common record that everybody and his brother has heard. Is this some band trying to funkifize songs from SESAME STREET?

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
    I found a bunch of these sealed one time in Camden, NJ. I made a lot of money selling them. I don't like this record, though.

Wow. I remember this record! Three girls in my second grade class - Tracie Hall, Tammy Pittman and Dorothia Pettiway - actually did a routine off one of the songs on this record for show n' tell.
    The one where they go "there are 26 letters in the alphabet" or something like that.
    It was such a hit with the class that we made them sing it at least a half dozen more times throughout the year. They even worked out a more elaborate routine for a school recital.
    Damn. That was a long fucking time ago.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Don't stop there. Describe, pleez!! This isn't some dollarbin common record that everybody and his brother has heard. Is this some band trying to funkifize songs from SESAME STREET?

Don't get too excited... it looks like it would be much better than it actually is. I'd have to pull it out and listen to it again, it's been years. But from what I remember "The Cat Walk" was kinda cool and that's about it. But my perspective might be different if I heard it today.
    It's been reissued and I guess they're selling it (or were selling it?) at Dusty Groove, so you might be able to check it out for yourself.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    "A" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "ass" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-kak-kak-kak.

"B" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "bastard" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp-boomp, kak, boomp-boomp.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

"C" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "cunt" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-kak-kak-kak.
    "D" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "dickhead" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp-boomp, kak, boomp-boomp.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    "E" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "eatin' pussy" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-kak-kak-kak.
    "F" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "fuckin'" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp-boomp, kak, boomp-boomp.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    a taza original "Ruled Under Bridges"

Don't tell anybody where I got the break from, please.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    oh and i forgot the illest sesame street lp is Roosevelt Franklin

i like the skin i'm in

Faux Rillz doesn't.

ZING!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I saw both record while digging at my girlfriend's dad house. Why did someone ever buy this abck in the 70s? I love the records, but why would a grown up man buy Semsame Street records? His kids were not allowed to listen to the Sesame Street Funk raer. So it musta been him that was listening to the Disco and kiddie Funk tunes. Crazy. He ordered the records from the US. Special imports. Back when they came out.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I still have the ones from when I actually was a kid. A couple are lost though. Young bucks didn't grow up next to a record player. It was one of my favorite "toys". One of my Seseme St records is fucked up from when I realized I could play it with a pin.

"E" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "good pussy" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-kak-kak-kak.
    "F" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "hard dick'" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp-boomp, kak, boomp-boomp.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Don't get too excited... it looks like it would be much better than it actually is. I'd have to pull it out and listen to it again, it's been years. But from what I remember "The Cat Walk" was kinda cool and that's about it. But my perspective might be different if I heard it today.
    It's been reissued and I guess they're selling it (or were selling it?) at Dusty Groove, so you might be able to check it out for yourself.

I actually have the "Cat Walk" 45...must have been pretty unmemorable, because as I sit here I can't recall whether I liked it or not. I've actually seen the sealed reissue, but wasn't too excited about paying $8 to hear it.

It kinda figures that an album like this would be released. From what I remember, the credits on my "Cat Walk" single say that their label, Abbott, was distributed by Golden...which was a popular children's label back in the time.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Cat Walk is a good tune

NORTH carolina SOUTH carolina eeeeeeven west virGINia

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Cat Walk is a good tune

hell yea - it swings, it's slow and sexy with some great belting vocals. simple and sassy.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    There's a break on a Swedish LP, simply called "Sesam". Some Swedish musicians on it but they seemed to have used some music credited to a "Hawkshaw", must be the man Alan.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    no one mentioned Born to Add, the cover is a take off on the Bruce Springsteen Born to Run. But nyway, there' s a funky ass cover of the Barry White break, by Cookie Monster.

"I" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "intercourse" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-kak-kak-kak.
    "J" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "juicy pussy" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp-boomp, kak, boomp-boomp.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    I have most of the Seasame Street breaks as well as the Village Soul Choir. I didn't pay much for any of them, and I would suggest you shouldn't either. The breaks aren't really nutbutter status. Dare I bring up the multitudes of "Mickey Mouse March" again?

"K" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "kiss my ass" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-boomp-kak.
    "L" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "long dick" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp-boomp, kak, boomp-boomp-kak-kak-kak-kak
    "M" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "MY[/b] long dick" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-boomp-kak. (sorry, I had to take that one, homeboy!)

"N" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "nasty ass" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-boomp-kak.

"O" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "oversized pussy" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp-boomp, kak, boomp-boomp, kak, boomp-boomp.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

"P" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "prick" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-boomp-kak.
    "Q" kak, kak-kak boomp, (is for) kak "quick nuts" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp-brrrrrrrrrrtat.

"N" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "new pussy" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-boomp-kak.

by the way, N is for "nasty ass". Boomp kak-kak kak boop kak!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Hey Phil,

What's that song on one of your mix CD's that goes:

"Rocking Chair is the dance to do do do dooooo, something somethign and do the boogaloo toooooooooo yeah"

no one mentioned Born to Add, the cover is a take off on the Bruce Springsteen Born to Run. But nyway, there' s a funky ass cover of the Barry White break, by Cookie Monster.

Me Going To Munch You, Munch You, Munch You - Cookie Monster & The Crumbs Unlimited Orchestra

This is a slap waiting to happen!

Hey Phil,

What's that song on one of your mix CD's that goes:

"Rocking Chair is the dance to do do do dooooo, something somethign and do the boogaloo toooooooooo yeah"

Hey NateBiz, this is not a Sesame Street related question! Hmmm, now what is the name of that damn record? It's called "The Rocking Chair", I believe.... funk 45 out of Chicago if I remember right. One of the funk 45 experts on this site would know, I'm sure. Was the group Brothers Of The Ghetto or something like that? Sounds right... I guess.

Just to keep this Sesame Street related, did y'all know that Gordon from Sesame St. (not the original Gordon, the most recent incarnation) was actually infamous blaxploitation pimp Willie Dynamite?!? True story! I can never look at that movie the same ever since I found that out.

"N" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "new pussy" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-boomp-kak.

by the way, N is for "nasty ass". Boomp kak-kak kak boop kak!

Oops, you're right!!! I'm trying to remember off the dome while I'm at work, away from my LPs. I cheated last night by listening to the letters I forgot the words of.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Just to keep this Sesame Street related, did y'all know that Gordon from Sesame St. (not the original Gordon, the most recent incarnation) was actually infamous blaxploitation pimp Willie Dynamite?!? True story! I can never look at that movie the same ever since I found that out.

Word Phill! Roscoe Orman was straight cold on dem hoes in Willie Dynamite. One of the better films of the genre. What if he was actin' like that on Sesame Street! Smackin' Maria and sellin' muppet ass. CRAZY!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "P" kak, boomp-boomp boomp, kak "prick" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp, kak-boomp-kak.
    "Q" kak, kak-kak boomp, (is for) kak "quick nuts" boomp kak, kak, kak, boomp-brrrrrrrrrrtat.

I'm glad you cats stopped before "R" cause it's just too foul. Gracias.