TRADES

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i agree. i've had maybe a half dozen succesful trades in the four years or whatever i've been around here. and most of them involved a b-legit 12".

it's getting to the point where i can't really trade comfortably with anybody who's tastes i'm not already familar with. i love when you ask someone what they're looking for and they're just like "well im mostly into funky or soulful jazz" (!?). can you be a bit more vauge? "well i'm really interested in recorded music right now. do you have any of that?"

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I've traded with many many people on this site with no problems. I've probably done at least 50 trades with people on this site.

Out of those I've had 2 that were bullshit/annoying/ghey. Won't name names.

But yes, people are always trying to get over, it's usually never at the initiation, a fair offer.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    im down w/ trades... ive traded w/ noz most recently and with pkny and havent had any problems.

its like baseball cards but w/ bigger stakes?
    -rich

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    ive traded with plenty strutters, mostly with real good results.
    i feel bad but somtimes i just tune out if the trade starts getting too difficult or complicated. also,when people are offering you some never before heard stuff....that usually dont fly too well over the internet. thats some in person type stuff. careful with the people who get you lit and lifted before the trading session though!! haha, ive practically given some things away!
    its all good though.
    two ply, i still owe you something good, arright hommie?

oh yeah, be weary with the big dude collectors on trades.
    i had several big names dissapear on me after i threw in something on some, "get me back later" love. what, yall dont got records now?
    ask and i WILL be specific

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Please do!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    ive traded with plenty strutters, mostly with real good results.
    i feel bad but somtimes i just tune out if the trade starts getting too difficult or complicated. also,when people are offering you some never before heard stuff....that usually dont fly too well over the internet. thats some in person type stuff. careful with the people who get you lit and lifted before the trading session though!! haha, ive practically given some things away!
    its all good though.
    two ply, i still owe you something good, arright hommie?

oh yeah, be weary with the big dude collectors on trades.
    i had several big names dissapear on me after i threw in something on some, "get me back later" love. what, yall dont got records now?

We must have traded with the same guy... all this sounds verrry familiar.

I've traded a few times with dudes on this board (The_Mack, Guzzo, Reynaldo[/b], Bizzo, and maybe a couple others) and I've been satisfied every time.

My only gripe is when I offer LPs for trade and all I get are PMs saying, "What do you want for that?" I feel that if you want a specific LP from someone, it's your responsibility to make an offer.

wait a minute, this got by me.... Reynaldo? Trade? Record?

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    when people are offering you some never before heard stuff....that usually dont fly too well over the internet. thats some in person type stuff.

Franticdiagnosis will be mine one day.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    A sidenote: has anybody else noticed these crink types on eBay billing records as "NORTHERN MODERN SOUL"?

I wouldn't file myself as a "crink type", but I did list Beverly & Duane as northern modern because both crowds like the LP.
    T.N.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I've traded a few times with dudes on this board (The_Mack, Guzzo, Reynaldo[/b], Bizzo, and maybe a couple others) and I've been satisfied every time.

My only gripe is when I offer LPs for trade and all I get are PMs saying, "What do you want for that?" I feel that if you want a specific LP from someone, it's your responsibility to make an offer.

You know there's another meaning to the word "trade"...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Guzzo

I heard--and I'm not saying from who--that that dude gives bad trade!

PHATT

I've had many good trade stories and small handful of bullshit trades that went down. (names withheld outta respect)

It's funny but the only dude to ever get pissy was a dude who I never traded with.

As for the shit talk...lets keep it to a minimum...not very big dude to act all wetmouth now is it?

I don't talk about how you try to overcompensate for your skin color by living in Harlem and making it a point to show guests how close you live to a mosque that Malcolm X used to serve at.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Sadly.

a newly rich man who wished his family to join the gentry (and they nearly all did so wish), was required not only to buy a country estate, but also to sever all financial ties with the business which had made him wealthy in order to cleanse his family of the "taint of trade".

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Sadly.

a newly rich man who wished his family to join the gentry (and they nearly all did so wish), was required not only to buy a country estate, but also to sever all financial ties with the business which had made him wealthy in order to cleanse his family of the "taint of trade".

That's not the one I had in mind...

Sadly.

so, you used to have 10 Les McCann's???

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Yeah I love the instant gratification and no hassles of getting records on ebay. But a lot of strutters come through real solid with the trades. And cosign on having similar tastes helping. I love turning people on to dope records and getting turned on to stuff myself. Its also cool finding dupes of regional stuff and trading for similar stuff from different parts of the country. Done cool trades with Crink, TheMack, Guzzo and some others. Props.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    i wish we had an ebay feedback system for struters and trading, most of the dudes on here i trust but when it comes to some dude that has only posted 3 times it makes me nervous, i have traded with 99problems, drew, nate, and had some dealings with ness and everything was great...

crink sent me a cd-r that gave me scabies

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Sadly.

so, you used to have 10 Les McCann's???

Sir, I will no longer be tainted by the discussion of trade. Good day!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i've managed to work out some pretty easy going trades with folks on this board... and this forum has been a great resource for that, 'cause it's about developing good working relationships with folks, the whole nine yards... so folks get something that they know is up my alley and ring me- vice versa. Props to Sooks/handcorkscrew/danno3000/karlophone/nitekrawler and all the others who have sent me some cool shit.

But I will say that the distance/computer interface makes things difficult to really negotiate trades. And I won't lie and say that there's been many many many aborted trades due to flakiness on the part of the other party or an inability to reach any sort of agreement. It can be way too much work...

Plus I'm damn picky, I can't lie.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I have a hard time trading with folls on here for a few reasons:

#1, not coming to terms on which records for which records.

#2, dudes being stoners and flaking (both sides).

#3, I have 1000+ records that are sale/trade stock, ie, not keeping. So when people say "send me a list" I tend to send a short abbreviated list. Sometimes dudes are like, "I'm not into any of that, what else you got?" unless it's a major major piece or something I can't live another day without it's just not worth it to go back and forth like that. I mean, come through if you're in town and you can look through everything...

That said I know I've had good trades with dudes and others that have fallen through. Never mad about it.

when people are offering you some never before heard stuff....that usually dont fly too well over the internet. thats some in person type stuff.

Franticdiagnosis will be mine one day.

hahaha! my man...its too hard with all your weird things

I have a hard time trading with folls on here for a few reasons:

#1, not coming to terms on which records for which records.

#2, dudes being stoners and flaking (both sides).

#3, I have 1000+ records that are sale/trade stock, ie, not keeping. So when people say "send me a list" I tend to send a short abbreviated list. Sometimes dudes are like, "I'm not into any of that, what else you got?" unless it's a major major piece or something I can't live another day without it's just not worth it to go back and forth like that. I mean, come through if you're in town and you can look through everything...

That said I know I've had good trades with dudes and others that have fallen through. Never mad about it.

johnny speaking my reality...
    i am that flaky dude a lot of times
    but i dont have a two page trade list or the patience to bang one out

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Bust out the wallet, Chris just put a franticdiagnosis up on the bay.

We must have traded with the same guy... all this sounds verrry familiar.

off the head big dog dead beats:

f*sion - had some great trades with him, so i didnt mind fronting him a nice piece when i saw him in seattle....TWO YEARS AGO!!! brought it up a bunch in person. chalked up in the corny column.

k*n - another person i had godd experiences and good vibes from who completely flaked on reciprocation. damn, you THAT busy?

m* - sent me a brittish pressing moog indigo without prior mention of said britishness. corrrrny

another west coast dude is about to rest on my big dog dog house.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    s*ig's on my shit list, i agreed to a trade of 4 dolly parton test pressings for a billy idol picture disk & a billy idol pin & he hasnt sent me shit... i could be still bumpin dolly...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i could be still bumpin dolly...

i'd bump...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    jeah!

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    I haven't made a trade in years. The following was the last one I made. I have copied it from one of my friendster testamonials. Remember friendster?

Dirty Jew, August 26, 2003:
    Theo has definitely been eating retard
    sandwiches. He made the mistake of
    taking some hokey pokey Herbie Hancock
    aand Chick Corea bullshit piece off me
    for his copy of Grant
    Green's 'Alive.' Before the trade was
    actually complete - I told him I felt
    weird about aquiring such a fine piece
    for such a piece of shit. He was too
    busy nodding his head to what he
    claimed was the infrastructure of a
    Shadowesque "Masterpice." Young Cole
    was present for the exchange, might we
    need a third party witness?

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    another west coast dude is about to rest on my big dog dog house.

dunno who you talking bout antonio, but e**n should be there as well. dude has owed me for 2 years.
    and no, i'm not talking about edan who was super cool the only time i dealt with him.

ness if you read this, i know very well i still owe you 30.

crink sent me a cd-r that gave me scabies

You promised to keep that "on the down low"! (insert jpeg here)

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    trades are cool sometimes if theres a piece you really want. i actually havent traded with anyone online in a few months. last dude i traded with was morocco mole and his trades are on point YO. but everyone i have traded with online has been straight. except for one cat who i never received my records from