Post a good starting salary for a college grad

1235»

Comments

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    LOOK DUDE, i'VE BEEN TO COLLEGE. i KNOW ABOUT ALL THE "GREAT" THINGS IT'LL DO FOR YA. aND i WOULD STILL ADVISE PEOPLE TO CONSIDER OTHER OPTIONS AS SERIOUSLY AS THEY DO COLLEGE. fuck, caps lock. If you don't know what you want to do don't go to college. It'll cost you a shit load of money to come out the other end and still not know what you want to do. And I ain't your fuckin man. I DON'T LIKE YOU, jackass. Whoever you are billing all these soulstrut hours to, is gettin' some great value on that dollar...

damn, chill boy.

whatever happened to going to college because you liked learning about shit?

like i said earlier, i went to a pretty good public university...got my tuition fully covered by scholarships and majored in something i was interested in. i paid my dues, volunteering (sometimes not even for class credit) myself to professors to learn skills and theories of the field...because a lot of shit you learn in college isn't just to land you in a job, it's to enrich yourself and possibly pass that knowledge onto others. long story short, i'm making decent pay doing shit i like, all while building up my resume to get into a good grad school. different strokes, but your blaz?? "been there, done that" attitude doesn't impress anyone...kinda makes you look like an internet version of those kooky preachers that tell you everything you learn in school is a lie. and that, my friend, is

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Did some looking on Salary.com. Maybe a little bit higher - 35-40?

There are a million routes to take out there man....Saying a college degree is a waste(whatever it's in) is as stupid as saying an apprenticeship or trade is a waste. They are essentially both ways to get some learning and make a living.

I agree with the both of you.

There's definitely a cost-benefit to getting a degree.

That's some real talk. My best advice which I wasn't smart enough to do is buy real estate as young as possible and keep fliping that shit. You'll be a self made millionaire in no time at all.

Are you doing it now?

I agree with karlito to some extent. if you don't know what you want to do with your degree or don;t ahve a plan, then college most likely isn't for you. better to work at a job or put yourself in position somewhere to work your way up.

If you go to college and don't know what to do you're flushing dollars down the toilet. The pressure to go to college right away is crazy... but I don't see the benefit.

The only downfall I see for those looking to get out on their own w/o college is the lack of financial/business training. American schools don't provide it and I think that people really need that background. Of course, if you go get a BA in Art History instead of a BS in Business, you wouldn't have that benefit anyway.