Keak Da Sneak - 3 Freaks ft. Turf Talk DJ Shadow??

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    You brought up his "newfound" affinity for southern stuff and yay stuff. Sayin.

actually i only mentioned booty bass in the context that you herbs would jump to shadow's defense by drawing some weird indirect lineage from bass to the current bay sound in your weird little "well it's not underground rap let's lump it all together" world. which is exactly what you're doing.

face it, you're out of your element here. the mere fact that you think keak the sneak is only popular on blogs is evidence enough of that.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    beyond the bay and the blogosphere, shit does not exist

your point? it's a self sustaining scene. why is it hard to believe that it would be beneficial for shadow to tap into the dominant market in his hometown?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

face it, you're out of your element here. the mere fact that you think keak the sneak is only popular on blogs is evidence enough of that.

Blogs and the bay holmes, and maybe in some some NYC hatters' collections. Actually I'm a Keak fan myself. Out of my element? Damn, can't a dude like rap/hip hop these days if he doesn't post a blog on local rap scenes? No, I'm not trying to clump all these genres together, I'm trying to get my facts straight.

Wow, now I'm almost sorry that I actually like ALL the stuff we're talking about.

Long live new music. Period.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    You brought up his "newfound" affinity for southern stuff and yay stuff. Sayin.

actually i only mentioned booty bass in the context that you herbs would jump to shadow's defense by drawing some weird indirect lineage from bass to the current bay sound in your weird little "well it's not underground rap let's lump it all together" world. which is exactly what you're doing.

Man, this is just getting better.

• this thread is hilarious.

• flunkflunk 230 Posts

flunk

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    beyond the bay and the blogosphere, shit does not exist

your point? it's a self sustaining scene. why is it hard to believe that it would be beneficial for shadow to tap into the dominant market in his hometown?
    sorry, i guess i misunderstood what you were getting at. i don't find it hard at all to believe that dude is doing this as an opportunistic move, but then again it's not like he's never heard of keak before this project.

hows about we all hope that e-40's next album blows the fuck up so shit goes beyond the bay and the blogosphere.

???

Sorry, am I flunking out of hip hop/rap 101 or something? The board meetings/committee meetings kicking me out? What?

this thread is hilarious.

Really? I'm just glad we're actually talking about music instead of typing one-lined responses. Saying.

If you're a bay-arean expert and or southern/east coast Keak lover, plaese stand up and provide some statistical data, thanks.

• this thread is hilarious.

Really? I'm just glad we're actually talking about music instead of typing one-lined responses. Saying.

u mad-erator?

u mad-erator?

LOL, hardly.

Just the facts, ma'am

Seriously people, we are missing Archaic bad right now and I'm not even kidding.

UNBAN!

Why? So he can make a southern+fellowship connection and make life hard on RAJ? Saying.

• was this even 100% confirmed as a shadow production?

• All I'm saying is that by tomorrow/when the work and school crowd checks in this thread will reach cult status.

For once, I'm going to stay out of a thread and just watch the sparks fly.

was this even 100% confirmed as a shadow production?

THANK YOU, N*ck. I was about to ask that myself... Where did that mp3 originate from?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Yeah O Dub is right i remember reading his liner notes inside the Private Press album( before i gave it away)and he was giving props to Mannie Fresh and Neptunes.

Please dont backhand slap me too hard noz.
    also, 2 live crew, organized noise, scarface, eightball and mjg, ugk, and radiohead
    (the record was within sight when i read this post, don't hatt)

[archaic]does he mention kharyee? mike mosely? [/archaic]

All I'm saying is that by tomorrow/when the work and school crowd checks in this thread will reach cult status.

For once, I'm going to stay out of a thread and just watch the sparks fly.

Thanks, have a fun week on the 'Strut! I'm about to do the same....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    was this even 100% confirmed as a shadow production?

haha, nope, but i wouldn't be suprised if it was.

back to the song at hand, the beat is perfect for keak and dude is nice over it. i'm not a big fan of the hook, but it's tolerable. the breakdown near the end is kinda cool. i don't think the beat is THAT great, but it is good for keak.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Best thread EVAR. Long live the blogosphere, soulstrut and bay rap. Slum & Grind on repeat.

Best thread EVAR. Long live the blogosphere, soulstrut and bay rap. Slump & Grind on repeat.

Right on, bro!

PS...not an autority on the stuff but this cut is tight (minus the hook of course).

AUTORITY GO DUMB.

GO HYPHY.

GO STUPID.

GO AUTORITY, GO.

Ts*g*, I think you just wrote the hook for the remix

How come no one has mentioned Shadow's work with Paris before the whole Solesides thing? Can we put 3 pages before day break?

How come no one has mentioned Shadow's work with Paris before the whole Solesides thing? Can we put 3 pages before day break?

Well, how is the Shadow+Paris convo relevant to this discussion of new rap + regional styles?

I believe this will be a 5 pager in the morning.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    All I'm saying is that by tomorrow/when the work and school crowd checks in this thread will reach cult status.

Seriously!

Potential indicators of an instant classic:

-Love/hatt for Shadow
    -Debate over the autheticity of Shadow's music
    -The relative 'underground-ness' of various rap artists
    -Noz talking about rap.
    -Discussion of the size/origins/popularity of regional rap scenes/trends .
    -Odub's relationship with the streets in question

I wish Archaic were here for this, too.

Damn, it's just me and you now Mork. Hi nick. Hi noz. Hi Oli. Hi lurkers.

True, it gets lonely at night on PST. Just wait until the east coast hatters oops I mean headz wake up in the next 4 hours..... Dy-no-mite!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    SO MANY THINGS THAT I WANNA SAY

But I digress...

painfully.

SO MANY THINGS THAT I WANNA SAY

But I digress...

painfully.

Just say it, dood.

• haha dj shadow did that. for his next album. it's funny sad to watch all these underground dudes jump on the hyphy slump bay rap bandwagon.

The beat is garbation to me. Turf and Keek sound good though. Don't really see the controversy though. Its not like any of you folls are connected with the streets that love these guys anyway. Shadow paid Keek and Turf to do a record and it will get them exposed to people outside of their extremely local fanbase. That's a good thing.