• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Suga Bear - Ready To Penetrate

vintage teddy riley .. lol
    The Classical Two - Rap's New Generation

vintage muggs ..
    7A3 - Coolin In Cali

just plain old vintage ..
    Kings of Pressure - You Know How To Reach Us

won't be leaving these up long .. so if you want em cop em now.

RE_UP, PLEASE
    i'll put em back up when i get home .. bout 7am EST ..

Thanks

• how many of you knew Jimmy Spicer had a record out in the 90s??

Any fans of this one round here?

Jimmy Spicer - I Rock Boots

Rising --

That shit looks mad familiar (you gotta admit -- I'm nice with these on the cropping tip)!

PS -- Hit me up if you've got something for the Outloud or Def Rhythm.

• yeah...

i found that joint signed, "Jimmy Spicer... Super Rhymes"

I never really liked it though. Is it saught after?

check your PMs Delay

• Yeah I need that Classical Two and that Sugar Bear jawn.

C*smonaut-

The gawd would be glad to burn you a copy of the Sugar Bear jump-off. I'm not really knowing about posting MP3's on the internets, but if you wanna come by the store and pick it up, just holler.

Oh also, I gotta say that Freestyle Professors is one of the most overrated overhyped mediocre records of all time. That said, I wish I had waited to sell my copy until it became the holy grail of random rap that it is today. I think I got $40 for it. Those rappers suck, suck, suck, and there's better Showbiz beats by the dozens.

-Zvi

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Suga Bear - Ready To Penetrate

vintage teddy riley .. lol
    The Classical Two - Rap's New Generation

vintage muggs ..
    7A3 - Coolin In Cali

just plain old vintage ..
    Kings of Pressure - You Know How To Reach Us

won't be leaving these up long .. so if you want em cop em now.

RE_UP, PLEASE

i'll put em back up when i get home .. bout 7am EST ..

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    You fuckknobs decided to have The First Official Soulstrut Record Day???[/b] when I was stuck in some fucking presentation with a bunch of fat insurance dudes, so I've been playing catch-up for the last 2 days. Since The Bay has been so heavily debated lately, I thought I'd post a few of my favorites (rare and not rare at all) Bay-related jams.

Shorty B - "Welcome To The Bay"

Dangerous Music powerhouse musician on most of the crew's records. This is from the Don't Try This At Home Dangerous Music sampler that sank like a stone. I thought this song was to serve as a prelude to some solo Shorty B shit, but I was wrong. In Dangerous Music tradition, this song is stupid long... (Pitch-shifted deep voiced shit is essential, doggie.)

Notable Quotable:[/b]

Bitches always look like that in the O...

M.C. Ant - "M.C. Ant The Great"

From the album of the same name, produced by Ant Banks, on Raw Dog Records (clear vinyl) from 1989. This is dipping way back in the Banks-related catalog, cause he thanks his fucking girlfriend on the liner notes (straight moooark) and participates in several LLesque "I Need Love"-type slow jams that absolutely suck. Just ask noz.

My posse is deep, but I'm a one man band

I'm from Oakland, better yet Cokeland

I get support from the city, it's my hometown

If you can't make it out here then you ain't down

M.C. Ant - "Doin' Damage"

From the follow-up to The Great, another Ant Banks production. Yea, this was a few years before "Burn Rubber" (champ) and a few years before Banks settled into his Dangerous sound.

I said you were good... I lied

Goldy - "Baby By A Dog" (f/ Ant Banks)

Speaking of Banks' Dangerous sound. This is from Goldy's In The Land of Funk album. Produced, primarily, by Ant Banks. I wish Banks wouldn't have wasted his time with folks like Goldy, Baby D, and Spice 1; I'd much rather he spent more time working with the other Dangerous dudes. This has to be the worst look, lyrically, for Banks. He and Goldy tag-teaming (These hoes are makin' me holler/ Damn I need a flea collar) on a song about punching women in the stomach when they learn they're pregnant with their children. This shit is wrong.

Beat the bitch down 'cause you know I don't care

You got a baby by a dog ass Oakland city player

Goldy - "The Game Is Sold Not Told" (f/ Too $hort)

The single from In The Land of Funk, with the essential $hort cameo. Pretty much more of the same from the Dangerous Don. $hort was recycling his rhymes pretty regularly in the late '90s, but those are my favorite years, as the production (Banks) is so much stronger than during his Life Is... days. This is the song that I heard playing in my head while reading that Bay discussion thread yesterday (Godwin's law shit). One of several songs where $hort addresses the fact that all these other softbatch dickriders are biting his style. While I tend to shy away from Goldy's rhymes, he comes off okay on this jam, and this is one of my favorite $hort-related "you stole my style" rhymes. File Under: Not rare. I guess you had to be there, nigga, Oaktown...

Wear that hat like me

Nigga act like me

But I bet that motherfucker

Won't get fat like me

Fatha Dom - "Tell Your Baby Mama Leave Me Alone"

Straight to the cut-out bins went Dom's Oaktown's Finest. Put your game on pause and check your draws. I was living in a house with a bunch of dudes who were harvesting sticky when this album was released. These stoners had no idea that this album was a flop, they absolutely loved it. Never a day passed where this wasn't playing at top volume. This is some pretty terrible Casio shit, but I love it. Perhaps it's sentimental attachment. I'd much rather hear Dom over Banks beats instead of Goldy or Baby D. I keep this near all the other semi-terrible Oakland rap albums that had potential but lacked most everything else. Bad-N-Fluenz anyone?

Player's don't change, the game get deeper

In a minute they gonna come out with the invisible beeper

(Or one you can wear in your ear, that only player's hear)

And for the Los Angeles folks...[/b]

Low Profile - "Aladdin's On A Rampage"

W.C. (later of Maad Circle/Westside Connection) and DJ Aladdin on Priority, 1989. PUTS fans listen up, up and down and all around the crossfader. This was a heatrock I won from professor_rockwell. Dope album. This DJ cut is fucking awesome. Hella call-and-response between W.C. and Aladdin cuts. Organizing the lyrics and the cuts must have taken some time. Someone needs to "amen" this shit, cause it's hard as fuck.

Aladdin, I'ma let you go solo, bro, so you can show

What it means to be down with Lo-Pro

Yo, gimme somethin' funky, somethin' bound to sell*

And show these party people what happens when you...

[* Did he say bound to sell?]

Low Profile - "Funky Song"

First cut on the record. W.C. sounds good. There are even a few -- *ahem* -- positive (he even says "conscious") jams on this album.

Funk, the universal language now can you swang it

Some try, but come softer than a danish

Duncan Hines rappers are soft, they can't compete

Now here's a dope record taken out of the back streets

W.C. - "Worldwide Gunnin'"

I figure since we went to W.C.'s back pages, we should hear some decade-later shit. From his '98 The Shadiest One album, this is straight raw. Dude is fucking nasty.

Shady as fuck, I'll stick that ass fulla scrilla

Stab you in the neck with a rusty pair of scissors

Tie your hands to your ankles, watch you sweat and quiver

Fuck you in the ass with a coat hanger, nigga

-- wait, it gets better! --

"Fuck All Y'all", the motto for '98, I'm lettin' fools have it

Makin' the finest bitches toss my salad

Soggy nuts is all I'm givin'...

All heel the shaddiest one, that nigga Dub has arriven

-- WHOA! And that was only the first verse. You'll be glad to know he addresses some "women's issues" in the second verse --

I'll spit a loogie in your pussy, fuck you with this dirty rubber

[Fuck DJ Shadow, you guys should be talkin' about how W.C. sold out to the gangsta set!]

• just on presentation alone!

• I love shit like this. Real live mc & dj shit including mistakes, beef with the crowd, etc.

• ayejayayejay 24 Posts
    not rare, really, but can someboy post ant banks "fuckin' w/ dank?"
    way back when., that was the knock!

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    not rare, really, but can someboy post ant banks "fuckin' w/ dank?"

way back when., that was the knock!

Ant Banks - "Fuckin' With Banks"

What peacefulrotation said...

• sorry, my copy's kinda hearthstone crackly

MC Pooh
    Fuckin' Wit Dank

• ayejayayejay 24 Posts
    word up!
    i totally fogot that was pooh featuring banks... didnt pooh catch a bad one after robbing a target store?

• AAAAARGHHH!!!! so close...i need that "champion of love" by them!!!

thats my white whale!

i have that. I`ll rip it tomorrow and post it up. Its fairly s**t though

*cough*

thats my white whale!

*cough*

apologies, havent had time today, i`ll def get it posted tomorrow. I had a listen to it last night and its actually not as bad as I remember...

thats my white whale!

*cough*

apologies, havent had time today, i`ll def get it posted tomorrow. I had a listen to it last night and its actually not as bad as I remember...

man that joint is a certified classic! i'm sure more people will remember & appreciate it when its posted.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    TTHHAANNKKSS AA LLOOTT!!

• Did you already take these down?
    yeah, so many hits in such a short time. lemme know what you need and i can PM you new links. when i have time i will do them again with yousendit i guess. don't wanna suck up too much of my bandwidth.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    If anyone needs;

Money Boss Players - Ghetto Chronicle Daily EP ('94)

Great thread.

Peace.

• as requested by Digger Phelps

991 Volts - Champion Of Love

sorry i still feel this is just an average track(if anyone wants it in a trade send me a PM) and as such I need to post up another dope track or 2 to make up for it

Pete Rock`s first appearance is on this one.15 years old doing his thing on the Technics

ED Math - Behind The Bars

the flip side to this one

B.A.D. Rep - Say No Rhyme Before Its Time

Delay, check your PMs again mate

• as requested by Digger Phelps

991 Volts - Champion Of Love

sorry i still feel this is just an average track(if anyone wants it in a trade send me a PM) and as such I need to post up another dope track or 2 to make up for it

HUGE PROPS!! thanx man...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Pete Rock`s first appearance is on this one.15 years old doing his thing on the Technics

ED Math - Behind The Bars

higher bit rate in my pm plaese???

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I've got an mp3 of an alternate version of Harlem World Crew's "Love Rap" that was taken off an acetate. It's got crazy added synths and shit. I'll see if I can post it later tonight.