The 1st time you spent mad cake on a record

13»

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    65 euros for that first niagara joint. seems still to be a bargain though...
    but i hate buying records now. you cannot walk into a store right
    now in europe without paying big loot compared to US prices.
    Headhunters OG for 25 Euros?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    where is laserwolf lately?

Thank you for asking. I've been working, which means no time for soulstrut. You can always reach me through jumpjump.com

Dan

• Nice to see you back. I was wondering too.

65 euros for that first niagara joint. seems still to be a bargain though...
    but i hate buying records now. you cannot walk into a store right
    now in europe without paying big loot compared to US prices.
    Headhunters OG for 25 Euros?

BTW I saw this post just now and thought that would need a reply. If I owned a store I would put a $25 sticker on a Survival of the Fittest copy as well. That record has been going for $25 for at least 15 years in this country. Check out what an Oscar Harris does in the states. Despite ebay, prices are still locally defined. Put an Oscar Harris in the trade section and somebody will probably offer a Survival of the Fittest for it.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I spent $250 on Skull Snaps several years ago when Mo had like seven of them... a little while after that I spent like $120 on the Hells Belles OST... I have not really spent that much on anything since then.

• years and years ago i spent $100 on ensemble al salami

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I dropped $140 on bob marley's catch a fire zippo lp. I definately had ebay fever on that one. It didn't help that my buddy was also bidding on the same album. I gotta admit though. I kind of like being a vinyl bottom feeder. It makes my day when I score a classic album for cheap. Don't mind getting my fingers dirty.

• I spent ???175 on Plastic Maailma by Paroni Paakkunainen couple of years ago. It's one of the raer ones from Finland. For a long time it was the first and only copy I've seen or heard of until this August when I found another from the flea for ???5. Sold it for ???460

• tsotso 39 Posts
    I guess last summers trip to Brazil kicked the whole money spending thing out of proportions for me. There I spent about $500 on records, now I wish I bought more. In the last months I have singed up on paypal and ebay. Spent a lot of money lately... Although $45 for Toni Tornado - Tornado 7" and $70 for the Uniao Black LP is the highest I gone so far.

Now, when i put money in my paypal account, I see the money them as gone, the price isn't that much of an issue Dangerous things, but I can't wait around the record shops here for the good things to turn up. baby steps towards moving up from a little dude

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    $125 on a 45

nairobi sisters - promised land
    (flames label)

• autezautez 404 Posts
    most i ever spent on a record was 5.99 on jimi hendrix axis bold