Floss those records that don't exist

indiana45sindiana45s 266 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Please post unicorn and vinyl sasquatch...

Records that rumour says were created, but no strong evidence has come forth to prove their existence ...

1) Fish Feet on Strata (Destroit)
2) Society.Inc. LP (Indiana)
3) Silhouettes second album...

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Please post unicorn and vinyl sasquatch...

Records that rumour says were created, but no strong evidence has come forth to prove their existence so far...

1) Fish Feet on Strata (Destroit)
    2) Society.Inc. LP (Indiana)
    3) Silhouettes second album...

I call BULLSHIT!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Debbie Boone Live at Fort Apache.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I'd like to see:

Thunder, Lightning and Rain - "Super Funky" (Phil-L.A. of Soul)
    Invaders - "Spacing out" 45
    Tommy McGee's 1973 album

• The Wooden Glass feat. Emanuel Riggins, live at Lou's, Interim Records, 1973

Anyone got that second Combo Xingu?

This whole thread is Suitcase.

The Wooden Glass feat. Emanuel Riggins, live at Lou's, Interim Records, 1973

Anyone got that second Combo Xingu?

This whole thread is Suitcase.

As in the "Suitcase" Biz used to carry his Mardis Gras 12" in?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Miles Davis Octet +1 -- Live at Ronnie Scott's (1969)

Miles Davis (wah wah trumpet)

Jimi Hendrix (guitar)

Wayne Shorter (tenor sax)

Joe Zawinul (Fender Rhodes, echoplex, melotron)

Larry Young (Hammond b-3)

Dave Holland (Fender bass)

Tony Williams (drums)

Airto (perc)

(bonus) guest vocals for encore:

Betty Davis

(this was possible)

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i'd like to see the vampires of dartmoore library record without the sound fx.

• that record weldon irvine did for black jazz ?

just kidding, that would be dope though.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    i'd like to see the vampires of dartmoore library record without the sound fx.

• OST to The Ski Bum with music by Joe Byrd and The United States of America

RAER

• Options
    Jackie Mittoo/Leroy Sibbles jamming out with Frank Motley and the Hitchikers at an afterhours (but the tapes exist)

no mention of the Bob James 12?

K.

Jackie Mittoo/Leroy Sibbles jamming out with Frank Motley and the Hitchikers at an afterhours (but the tapes exist)

no mention of the Bob James 12?

K.

As in the "Suitcase" Biz used to carry his Mardis Gras 12" in?

The allusion was oblique with respect to the topic, but it's there.

• Roy Meriwether - Black Snow (Stinger) LP

I was originally told that this was released by the owner of the Stinger record label. Through some research I found out that the Black Snow Suite was performed live several times in Detroit. I am not sure it was ever recorded...

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    guess it's time for this again

• Options
    guess it's time for this again

Yo, my Dad needs that

K.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    The Hendrix/Miles Davis collab.

• 1. Clockwork Band - Clockwork on Wendy Records

I was told by the band & owner that they think the recordings were pressed, but weren't sure. No evidence to help.

• There is supposedly a TNT FLASHERS (ohio group) funk LP from 71. No one has ever seen this to my knowledge, but the leader of the group swears it exists. Its on a label called 'ARTCO DOOBIE'. According to two members of the group, a German dude managed them for a spell and pressed the LP (and a 45 which I have never seen, but Dante has it listed on the Ohio soul page). The group leader described the LP to me as 'some funk shit'.

• chemistry lp 1977 on Masterpiece records. florida funk & disco.

quincy huitt on chocolate cholly's.

evan's pyramid lp. this is big foot.

• There is supposedly a TNT FLASHERS (ohio group) funk LP from 71. No one has ever seen this to my knowledge, but the leader of the group swears it exists. Its on a label called 'ARTCO DOOBIE'. According to two members of the group, a German dude managed them for a spell and pressed the LP (and a 45 which I have never seen, but Dante has it listed on the Ohio soul page). The group leader described the LP to me as 'some funk shit'.

That's what I'm talkin' about!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    OST - Hi, Mom!

Wasn't this the soundtrack that was supposed to include Grady tate's otherwise 45-only "Be Black baby"?

• The title sequence of Corman's "The House of Usher" mentions a LP release of the soundtrack ("available on American International Records"). This record is even listed in Soundtrack price guides (for $100) but doesn't exist. The thing that comes closest to this ghost record is an unplayable reference disc that was auctioned a while back together with reference discs for "The pit and the pendulum" and Bava's "Black Sabbath".

In the eighties Varese Sarabande announced a record with Baxter's title tunes for Corman's Poe adaptations + some. That record doesn't exist too.

Only regular release from the Poe series seems to be a Japanese flexi with music from "Tales of Terror". I believe it's with the dialogues so it's probably taken form the 35mm print.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

the acetate cut of Serge Gainsbourg's "requiem pour un con" - it was sold to a private collector about 10 years back for over 3k at auction - the version on it lasts over 12 minutes and is said to amazing.

the Lost CAN library lp, found one track from it - Hildergard Schmitt went crazy!

The Derboukas LP - great 7" Camel Bossa - but the lp is out there - i have a copy

The Cortex live LP

• hmm, can anyone confirm or deny the existence of white label official electra single vinyl promos of the KMD black bastards LP? (or even the actual issue press?? I've always assumed they must have actually pressed before they pulled it. I've always imagined that in a warehouse somewhere theres box after box of sealed copies...) Advance CDs were definitely leaked round about the time it was due for release, since you could by very high quality boot cds in London back then - there was one guy who had them, he was selling them out of Ubiquity on beak st, he reportedly had something to do with electra UK and possibly got sacked for leaking it. It was off a proper version for sure, had all the tracks on - this was long before the first vinyl boots (the ones with only 5 tracks), which were I think taken off dubs of those original Cd copies. The sound was actually a lot better than the sound on the recent(ish) full release. There was a persistant rumour that there had been LP promos too, I even met someone who claimed to own one. But I have never ever seen one or known anyone who really knew. any answers?

One fellow in Brooklyn back in 1996/7 that I knew swore he had an Elektra promo... I never saw it with my own two... but it was corroborated by others...

However this dude didn't really know his head from his ass record-wise so I wouldn't be surprised if he was merely referring to the first w/l boot of that record.

• the acetate cut of Serge Gainsbourg's "requiem pour un con" - it was sold to a private collector about 10 years back for over 3k at auction - the version on it lasts over 12 minutes and is said to amazing.

the Lost CAN library lp, found one track from it - Hildergard Schmitt went crazy!

The Derboukas LP - great 7" Camel Bossa - but the lp is out there - i have a copy

The Cortex live LP

12 minute Requiem pour un con? Madness!

Lost Can Library record? The quest begins...

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    There is supposedly a TNT FLASHERS (ohio group) funk LP from 71. No one has ever seen this to my knowledge, but the leader of the group swears it exists. Its on a label called 'ARTCO DOOBIE'. According to two members of the group, a German dude managed them for a spell and pressed the LP (and a 45 which I have never seen, but Dante has it listed on the Ohio soul page). The group leader described the LP to me as 'some funk shit'.

I got that record.

• 'ARTCO DOOBIE'

• Doobie 45 exists and is "some funk shit" - the LP is a question - probably has a bunch of excellent ballads - as that was the group's main focus. "Doin' A Thing With My Folks" will be featured on a comp of related regional music in the near future.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    'ARTCO DOOBIE'

see. This is why the Noble unit has not found this LP.

ARTCO sounds like ATCO. And we know Tom hates the ATCO label (bucha heshers).

Lord knows he's not checking for the Doobie Brothers, no matter how many times I play Black Water for him over the phone.

• there is a Doobie Broz connection