Floss those records that don't exist

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    there is a Doobie Broz connection

Wild.

Is there a David Gilmour connection with your name?

• there is a Doobie Broz connection

Wild.

I love the fact that you represent this shit on soulstrut.

Sczerwone heshing it out so big right now

• grandpa g

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    there is a Doobie Broz connection

Wild.

I love the fact that you represent this shit on soulstrut.

Sczerwone heshing it out so big right now

I've noticed that my whole demeanor has been encompassed by my customized title.

• WOAH!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

• eric b and rakim - break the wrath in half 12"

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    it exists, but there must be a story to it: The Grand Illusion by the Fanz!
    I only have it as a what-looks-like-a-bootleg pressing, and i heard that this record never fully came out, as most copies were destroyed. the label illusion records behind it was supposed to be in the hand of the mafia and just used to wash money. True or babbleraer? Anyone any info?
    btw: i think paris sampled this one, right?

• the acetate cut of Serge Gainsbourg's "requiem pour un con" - it was sold to a private collector about 10 years back for over 3k at auction - the version on it lasts over 12 minutes and is said to amazing.

the Lost CAN library lp, found one track from it - Hildergard Schmitt went crazy!

The Derboukas LP - great 7" Camel Bossa - but the lp is out there - i have a copy

The Cortex live LP

Hi Gwen!

I interviewed Cortex' Alain Mion, asked him for any scopitones from live venues, and he never mentionned any Live LP from Cortex.. BUT he made the soundtrack for a movie that never came out (all the rushes was burnt). I think he has some 45 of it.

Is the Requiem Pour Un Con acetate is close to the instrumental part that can be found on the movie? or even better? Damn..

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    a copy of Mario Castro Neves & Samba S.A. where all songs are sung in Portuguese. I've seen it auctioned twice, but doubt if it really exists.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

the acetate cut of Serge Gainsbourg's "requiem pour un con" - it was sold to a private collector about 10 years back for over 3k at auction - the version on it lasts over 12 minutes and is said to amazing.

the Lost CAN library lp, found one track from it - Hildergard Schmitt went crazy!

The Derboukas LP - great 7" Camel Bossa - but the lp is out there - i have a copy

The Cortex live LP

Hi Gwen!

I interviewed Cortex' Alain Mion, asked him for any scopitones from live venues, and he never mentionned any Live LP from Cortex.. BUT he made the soundtrack for a movie that never came out (all the rushes was burnt). I think he has some 45 of it.

Is the Requiem Pour Un Con acetate is close to the instrumental part that can be found on the movie? or even better? Damn..

hello

theres a supposed live in the INA archive, this has been confirmed by a couple of people.

Just thought of another of those mythical lps, the Italian original of Piero Umiliani's - percussion - on SGP. i know this exists as i found it this summer. its on LIUTO

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

the acetate cut of Serge Gainsbourg's "requiem pour un con" - it was sold to a private collector about 10 years back for over 3k at auction - the version on it lasts over 12 minutes and is said to amazing.

The Cortex live LP

Hi Gwen!

hello

theres a supposed live in the INA archive, this has been confirmed by a couple of people.

Just thought of another of those mythical lps, the Italian original of Piero Umiliani's - percussion - on SGP. i know this exists as i found it this summer. its on LIUTO

is this the one you posted an audio clip of a while back? i want to hear this whole lp real bad.

thats the one

i got this mad acetate of Jacky Giordano, its the only known copy of this unreleased lp. its really great jazz funk, in a placebo style. probably the best french funky jazz record ever, and i've got the only copy

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
    Jackie Mittoo/Leroy Sibbles jamming out with Frank Motley and the Hitchikers at an afterhours (but the tapes exist)

no mention of the Bob James 12?

K.

As in the "Suitcase" Biz used to carry his Mardis Gras 12" in?

The allusion was oblique with respect to the topic, but it's there.

I know someone that apparently has this so it must exist after all...

• Anyone heard of a Michael Jackson and Run DMC record called Crack? Heard it's raw and unreleasable, but supposedly...

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    on a related matter, anyone know if invaders' "spacing out" is the real deal? i love this record but, to these ears, the production doesn't sound quite authentic.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    on a related matter, anyone know if invaders' "spacing out" is the real deal? i love this record but, to these ears, the production doesn't sound quite authentic.

Are you the same dude who asked this before?

Its definitely an actual, old, real record... it was around long before folks had any reason or inclination to fake such things...

• on a related matter, anyone know if invaders' "spacing out" is the real deal? i love this record but, to these ears, the production doesn't sound quite authentic.

Its definitely an actual, old, real record... it was around long before folks had any reason or inclination to fake such things...

Did you ever see the Dusty Groove review for this? Pure comedy: "A great bit of funk -- of very mysterious origins! Supposedly this group were a bunch of Americans jamming in Europe during the 60s, but we've never had confirmation of that fact, and we've only ever seen the music available on this "reissue" -- which always makes us think that they might be a current group, pretending to be an older one, as in the early days of the Desco/Pure label! Who cares about the origin, though -- as the album's a stunning batch of funky instrumentals that you'll treasure for years and years! Conga and bass are underneath, and there's some great trumpet, sax, and flute up front -- produced with a spacey edge that's very nice! Titles include "Bossa Blue", "Spacing Out", "It's Your Thing", "Latin Lips", "Lost Time", and "Look A Py Py"."

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    no, i'm new . but it doesn't surprise me that somebody else has asked. the records has a real bosco mann feel to it.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Did you ever see the Dusty Groove review for this? Pure comedy: "A great bit of funk -- of very mysterious origins! Supposedly this group were a bunch of Americans jamming in Europe during the 60s, but we've never had confirmation of that fact, and we've only ever seen the music available on this "reissue" -- which always makes us think that they might be a current group, pretending to be an older one, as in the early days of the Desco/Pure label! Who cares about the origin, though -- as the album's a stunning batch of funky instrumentals that you'll treasure for years and years! Conga and bass are underneath, and there's some great trumpet, sax, and flute up front -- produced with a spacey edge that's very nice! Titles include "Bossa Blue", "Spacing Out", "It's Your Thing", "Latin Lips", "Lost Time", and "Look A Py Py"."

Dusty Groove is some sucka ass batches. They did the same thing with my "On Tempo Jack" reissue, trying to claim that it might not really be a 1988 recording but actually a recent record being passed off as obscure random rap. Yo, are y'all batches trying to sell this thing or not??? Don't just make up some shit questioning the validity of a record you're selling based on absolutely nothing but your own inane guesstimations. I e-mailed those hoes and got it straightened out (I guess they changed the item description, I don't think I ever checked back to see for sure).

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Floss those records that don't exist

Do not exist for the moment...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    The rumored Little Sister LP or any outakes from the There's A Riot Goin' On era.

• also extant - a vintage 45 single from the LP

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    That Rudy Ray Moore album on Kent where he's covering Redd Foxx's comedy routines. Advertised on the back of one or two of his other albums, but for some reason never released.

May I Have Your Ticket Please by Rufus Thomas...appeared in print ads as part of a Stax promo campaign in '69, but never hit the streets.

I've seen a Tennyson Stephens album advertised on the label of one of his Aries singles, but it never existed far as I know (same for It's The New Sound Of Mack Simmons, hyped on the label of his PM single "Rainy Night In Georgia").

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Mario Castro Neves and Samba SA where all tracks are sung in portugese.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I got a Boscoe test press with bonus tracks.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Anyone heard of a Michael Jackson and Run DMC record called Crack? Heard it's raw and unreleasable, but supposedly...
    a demo called "crack" was released on those run-dmc cd reissues that came out awhile back, but no mj? on a side note, what was up with micheal jackson squandering every collabo he had with other artists,run,biggie,jay,nas,etc.?