POST YOUR F*CKING PET PEEVES

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    pet peeve: people that spell 'hoLmes' without the L.

HA!

Or 'homie" with an extra M.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    People who lick their finger before they turn the page. Did you wash the your finger before you licked it? This is probably how Swine Flu and the plague became epidemics. If your hands are that dry, use some lotion, for goodness' sake. Just stop licking things. You should have gotten this out of your system when you were a child. Srsly.

• Almond said:
    People who lick their finger before they turn the page. Did you wash the your finger before you licked it? This is probably how Swine Flu and the plague became epidemics. If your hands are that dry, use some lotion, for goodness' sake. Just stop licking things. You should have gotten this out of your system when you were a child. Srsly.

People who still believe in "swine flu."

;-)

Herm said:
    Almond said:

People who still believe in "swine flu."

;-)

Whatever the hell it was, unprotected licking caused it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    A few for me.

Totally capable youths taking the elevator for one floor up (I see it all day long) and I go green when they take it for one floor down!!!

People who stand on the left side of the escalator.

I don't ride a bike often. But people who stop or park in bike lanes.

• Don't bring me bad news with a smile on your face.

Even if it's something minor, you don't have to share my pain, but don't go gritting your teeth in my face. It makes me feel like I'm being laughed at. Put some empathy in that shit. Even if it's just to tell me that the store ran out of Pop-Tarts.

I am not a volatile man, but there are two distinct times I nearly went off:

(a) a White Hen Pantry employee who gleefully told me that he couldn't give me change for my dollar

(b) a woman I was dating who told me that she was getting back together with her old boyfriend (this was over the phone, but she sounded just a little too happy, so I read her the riot act)

These are things I got over quickly - I eventually found four quarters and and another ladyfriend elsewhere - but I didn't need a laugh track.

• -people who misuse "entitled", the book is entitled "blah blah". The book isn't entitled to anything, it's TITLED!

-douchebags who think their car is SO NICE that they feel they can park diagonally over 3 or 4 parking spaces. I assume they feel their shit is so much better than everyone elses ride that it needs to be protected from car cooties or something. Also, it is always some dime a dozen "luxury" car like a Lexus or an Escalade, cars that people with more money than taste buy. If you enjoy the finer things in life and feel the need to be separate from us plebians and drivers of lesser vehicles, the fuck you doing at Wendy's?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Used diapers left in parking lots when there is a trash can 50 feet away.....how the hell were you raised.

People who stop their cars, in the middle of the highway, under a bridge, during a rainstorm.

Folks who blow snot out of their nose onto the sidewalk, etc.....used to see this a lot in NYC but say it this weekend in Dallas......disgusting.

I'm very sorry that your child is autistic or has ADDDDDD but bringing them to a nice restaurant and making every other diner deal with their yelling, running around and general mayhem is not a good look.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The bicyclist who rides in the middle of the lane of a major thoroughfare going 20mph where there is a 55 mph limit.

• igotthatbeat said:
    Here's another one...

WHY do people with cellphones refuse to pick up calls from blocked numbers? What's gonna happen? is the phone going to explode or something? I have never owned a cell phone, someone please explain this phenomenon to me.

Cannot cosine. I will screen calls for dayz, and you will like it.

If you block your number, and why you would I do not know, expect to go to voicemail.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Used diapers left in parking lots when there is a trash can 50 feet away.....how the hell were you raised.

Any littering.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    gareth said:
    igotthatbeat said:
    Here's another one...

WHY do people with cellphones refuse to pick up calls from blocked numbers? What's gonna happen? is the phone going to explode or something? I have never owned a cell phone, someone please explain this phenomenon to me.

Cannot cosine. I will screen calls for dayz, and you will like it.

If you block your number, and why you would I do not know, expect to go to voicemail.

Boom. And I even have an outgoing message that says "I can't get the phone right now but will get right back to you so leave a message but your best bet is to text me for a quicker response." And truth be told if I don't know the number even if it shows up I don't answer.

But sometimes motherfuckers just do not leave a message, nor do they text. Sorry dude, your loss. I'm not gonna hit you back. But yeah, that's a PEEEEEEEVE.

Herm said:
    pet peeve: people that spell 'hoLmes' without the L.

HA!

Or 'homie" with an extra M.

Word. Also, it's homie, not hommie. But sometimes HOMMY is acceptable in my private mind garden.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:

There's a nice Italian restaurant in my town - nothing special, but very competent and well run. A few years ago they were going for their liquor license and someone raised an objection because they were having a problem with their dumpster.

There's a 5-6 story apartment building next door, and some douchebag(s) was/were throwing loaded diapers into the dumpster from their balconies... and occasionally missing.

The restaurant employees would have to go out and clean up these misses.

The license was approved and the diaper problem eventually went away.

• The_Hook_Up said:
    -people who misuse "entitled", the book is entitled "blah blah". The book isn't entitled to anything, it's TITLED!

I have a live record by Leadbelly where he's doing just that - announcing that the next "song is entitled 'Rock Island Line'" or some such foolishness. Kills me every time.

He sounds like one of those guys who learned big words from a thesaurus but doesn't know how to use them properly.

• if I don???t know the number even if it shows up I don???t answer.

if this happens with a woman you just met, there will be problems

• I guess the thing that bugs me the most is that it has become a widely accepted malapropism...I heard Steven Colbert use it incorrectly the other day. In fact I hear it a lot. It is much accepted as correct useage now.... dumbing down.

pickwick33 said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    -people who misuse "entitled", the book is entitled "blah blah". The book isn't entitled to anything, it's TITLED!

I have a live record by Leadbelly where he's doing just that - announcing that the next "song is entitled 'Rock Island Line'" or some such foolishness. Kills me every time.

He sounds like one of those guys who learned big words from a thesaurus but doesn't know how to use them properly.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    people who pick off my plate or ask me to try my food before I've even had the first bite.

matter of fact, people who pick off my plate without asking, at all. unless I'm all done and it's plain to see, play like my plate is a hornets nest and keep your hands away from that shit.

people who inflect their statements upwards when they're just that - statements, not questions.

weak handshakes, more so from chicks than from dudes

the word "poo" -- shit ain't cute, say "shit" or anything else, just hate "poo" -- super irritating

Glenn Beck, but that's mad obvious

sunglasses inside ---- jesus.

• I hate NYC bicyclists. Sanctimonious self righteous assholes. God forbid you ever step in a bike lane. Especially the ones that think that they can ride across the Brooklyn Bridge on a Saturday, when the bridge is loaded with tourists. They ring their stupid bells and yell "to your left...to your left" and act all pissed off that they can't ride 40 mph when they should know damn well that the bridge is going to be crowded with people who don't know about the bike lanes. In no other country do bike riders act like such pompus ass holes. And of course one of the benefits of singlehandedly saving the planet, is that you never have to obey a single traffic law yourself. Ride opposite traffic, down one way streets the wrong way, never stop for a red light.

• Woimsah said:
    people who pick off my plate or ask me to try my food before I've even had the first bite.

matter of fact, people who pick off my plate without asking, at all. unless I'm all done and it's plain to see, play like my plate is a hornets nest and keep your hands away from that shit.

You would not like my wife. She starts eating my food before she even touches hers, she just digs right in. Even if its the same dish she will want mine. Conversely, if there is something she doesn't want, she can not suffer it on her plate and has to remove it to mine.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    Woimsah said:

You would not like my wife. She starts eating my food before she even touches hers, she just digs right in. Even if its the same dish she will want mine. Conversely, if there is something she doesn't want, she can not suffer it on her plate and has to remove it to mine.

Haha --

well, sad to say, but you would not like me, then, either. I'm totally the guy who says "bike lane" when people are standing in it having a convo or walking in it. Shit's annoying b! And I don't want to hurt anyone! BUT, as to those uber intense shmucks on the bridge huffing and puffing and ringing their bells, etc, that ain't me. Just think people need to be a little more respectful of the designated bike lane.

• sabadabada said:
    Woimsah said:

An old girlfriend of mine used to do this all the time. It was actually endearing when she did it because, hey, she was my gilrfriend. As far as everybody else...doesn't bother me if it's French fries or carrots or some other side dish, but you're definitely not fucking with my main meal.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

-douchebags who think their car is SO NICE that they feel they can park diagonally over 3 or 4 parking spaces. I assume they feel their shit is so much better than everyone elses ride that it needs to be protected from car cooties or something. Also, it is always some dime a dozen "luxury" car like a Lexus or an Escalade, cars that people with more money than taste buy. If you enjoy the finer things in life and feel the need to be separate from us plebians and drivers of lesser vehicles, the fuck you doing at Wendy's?

Related: There's a busted-ass shitty old Lexus that parks on my block that has its security system set so sensitive that it goes off constantly, usually in response to a large vehicle passing by. Perhaps someone might have been interested in stealing that car back in 1989 when it was new, but nobody's going to want your rolling trash basket now???turn off your f'ing alarm.

Ahhh, that was cathartic. I think I might print out this thread and stick it under their windshield wiper.

• dollar_bin said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Related: There's a busted-ass shitty old Lexus that parks on my block that has its security system set so sensitive that it goes off constantly, usually in response to a large vehicle passing by. Perhaps someone might have been interested in stealing that car back in 1989 when it was new, but nobody's going to want your rolling trash basket now???turn off your f'ing alarm.

Ahhh, that was cathartic. I think I might print out this thread and stick it under their windshield wiper.

When I lived in Brooklyn. the acceptable response to that was to let the air out of a tire if the car alarm became a public nuisance.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

-douchebags who think their car is SO NICE that they feel they can park diagonally over 3 or 4 parking spaces

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    pickwick33 said:
    learned big words from a thesaurus but doesn't know how to use them properly.

A definite pet peeve of mine.

• DJ_Enki said:
    pickwick33 said:

using the word "monies."

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    I hate NYC bicyclists.

I'm cool with bicycling, but most Bay Area bicyclists can fuck off and die.

Also: People who park diagonally like that are pretty much asking for their car to get keyed, just like people who parallel park two inches from your back bumper are asking to get backed into.

Rockadelic said:
    I worked in a department store one summer. My job was to return the unwanted clothes back to the store floor after women had tried them on in the fitting room. Aside from having to ask grown men to please wait outside while the women changed and untangling heaps of spaghetti strap summer tanks, I would occasionally encounter an abandoned diaper in one of the fitting room stalls. I called maintenance to deal with that literal shit.

sabadabada said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    pickwick33 said:

using the word "monies."

I???ve come across the word monies in some economics classes. I???m okay with it and think it has a nice ring to it.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Almond said:
    Aside from having to ask grown men to please wait outside while the women changed

Booooooo.

• "the pretzel monies"