MOTHERFUCKING FUCK. TRIO MOCOTO $100 STOLEN

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
OK if you are reading this motherfucker. You just fucked this shit up for everyone. Shit is now going behind the counter cause of your dumb fucking stupid shit. It ain't enough that we price shit under Moerer, under Library, under Pearson, etc etc etc you gotta try to get over. So now its NO FUCKING FUN FOR NOBODY IN THIS SHOP ANY MORE. I try to be a good dude and put real heat out on the floor, but motherfuckers can't fucking play the game right. SO. If any of yall dudes see or hear of Trio Mocoto Brazilian Sound on CAM just recently "arriving" you know the deal. Holler and you'll be compensated. FUCK THAT.

Comments

• Damn! Sorry to hear.

On a related note I got this email from Future Primitive today...

SPREAD THE WORD!

Friends, dj's, party people,

last night, at around 2am in front of social club at 1751 fulton street, rascue's record bag was stolen in front of the club! rascue's black record bag included: black sony headphones, shure white label cartridges, and rare classic house and broken beat records that cannot be replaced! for those of you who work or know people at record stores such as amoeba, rasputins, skills, inhouse, BPM, and the like, please forward this email to them. if this bag or records happen to show up at any of these stores, please contact:

frank (rascue) at [email]rastacuetip@hotmail.com[/email]

please keep your eyes and ears to the street so we can help our friend get his records back.

thanks for your time, and please feel free to repost or forward this message...

Mark Herlihy
    Future Primitive Sound Headquarters
    [email]mark@futureprimitivesound.com[/email]

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    OK if you are reading this motherfucker. You just fucked this shit up for everyone. Shit is now going behind the counter cause of your dumb fucking stupid shit. It ain't enough that we price shit under Moerer, under Library, under Pearson, etc etc etc you gotta try to get over. So now its NO FUCKING FUN FOR NOBODY IN THIS SHOP ANY MORE. I try to be a good dude and put real heat out on the floor, but motherfuckers can't fucking play the game right.

SO. If any of yall dudes see or hear of Trio Mocoto Brazilian Sound on CAM just recently "arriving" you know the deal. Holler and you'll be compensated.

FUCK THAT.

It might be worth investing in surveillance. Dudes will think twice when they see a camera pointed right at them. Myabe you can catch a break on your insurance too?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    OK if you are reading this motherfucker. You just fucked this shit up for everyone. Shit is now going behind the counter cause of your dumb fucking stupid shit. It ain't enough that we price shit under Moerer, under Library, under Pearson, etc etc etc you gotta try to get over. So now its NO FUCKING FUN FOR NOBODY IN THIS SHOP ANY MORE. I try to be a good dude and put real heat out on the floor, but motherfuckers can't fucking play the game right.

SO. If any of yall dudes see or hear of Trio Mocoto Brazilian Sound on CAM just recently "arriving" you know the deal. Holler and you'll be compensated.

FUCK THAT.

It might be worth investing in surveillance. Dudes will think twice when they see a camera pointed right at them. Myabe you can catch a break on your insurance too?

no doubt. only a $180 at Lowes gets you 2 cameras and a monitor.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    that sucks.

I really cant help but be reminded of all those stories about how you used to rack records!

But no, I wont say it. Thats not right. I hope you catch the bastard. People have no respect. Not even record dudes.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    cosign on the surveilence. I think any big city retail shop with stuff worth stealing should invest. pays off immensely and doesn't cost much

• I have like five cameras on the front of the store. That (unfortunately) wouldn't get a guy inside.... I am still going to review tape later but for now I am just super heated.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    no doubt. that sucks.

• It might be worth investing in surveillance. Dudes will think twice when they see a camera pointed right at them. Myabe you can catch a break on your insurance too?

Fuck that. Just hire me to be security. I looking menancing, I promise!

* Doing my hardest posing! *

• I have like five cameras on the front of the store. That (unfortunately) wouldn't get a guy inside.... I am still going to review tape later but for now I am just super heated.

cosign that you should invest in some surveillance.

keep your head up JP, at least it was only $100, and not $2500.

• Sorry to hear the bad news...It's a shame some klepto asshole had to fuck it up for all of us.

• Dude, you're scary. I'll give you my lunch money, I swear.

• It might be worth investing in surveillance. Dudes will think twice when they see a camera pointed right at them. Myabe you can catch a break on your insurance too?

Fuck that. Just hire me to be security. I looking menancing, I promise!

* Doing my hardest posing! *
    I thought that was Jean Claude Van Damme.

• Hope the f*&^er rots in hell. No mercy.
    We've been pretty fortunate here so far although some idiot stole a Mile Davis DVD and some Hendrix CD's without realizing (eventhough there are signs all over the store) that there are no CD's in the cases. Would have loved to see the look on the guy's face when he got home and opened his empty cases.

• I thought that was Jean Claude Van Damme.

• Did it just disapear, or do you know who took it?

Was it obvious as to who has it?

Poop Milk?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Hope the f*&^er rots in hell. No mercy.
    We've been pretty fortunate here so far although some idiot stole a Mile Davis DVD and some Hendrix CD's without realizing (eventhough there are signs all over the store) that there are no CD's in the cases. Would have loved to see the look on the guy's face when he got home and opened his empty cases.

hey, thats what you should do JP. just put the covers up there, keep the LPs in the back. i dont know, maybe not.

i have heard from some old record dudes that the cover is worth more than the record.

Poop Milk?

Maybe somebody just was lazy and slipped it in with some other records? Or was it a matter of turning your back and record was gone along with some dude that was in the store.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

She can work night shifts when DJArcadian can't make it there:

Poop Milk?

I honestly have no idea. I could sit here and fry my brain trying to think of it but that's pointless. We get shady cats in all the time, you can't really judge a book by its cover though.

• sorry jonny that fucking sucks

• She can work night shifts when DJArcadian can't make it there:

Ohhhhhhhh!

• Anything over $100 is in a "raers" box. No more raers box for most customers. That is the unfortunate consequence. So no, I don't believe it was slipped in with another record or misfiled. You have to specifically be looking for raer to even go into that box. It is right in front of the counter but when the shop gets hectic anything can happen.

I mean, this is not the worst thing that could happen but it just sucks because out of the 100s of people that have been chill one fucker ruins the whole shit. Now dudes get their fucking newspaper checked. And people wonder why most record dealers are not nice to them. I have way more empathy for asshole dealers than I used to, people treat record stores (and their owners) like shit.

• Anything over $100 is in a "raers" box. No more raers box for most customers. That is the unfortunate consequence. So no, I don't believe it was slipped in with another record or misfiled. You have to specifically be looking for raer to even go into that box. It is right in front of the counter but when the shop gets hectic anything can happen.

I mean, this is not the worst thing that could happen but it just sucks because out of the 100s of people that have been chill one fucker ruins the whole shit. Now dudes get their fucking newspaper checked. And people wonder why most record dealers are not nice to them. I have way more empathy for asshole dealers than I used to, people treat record stores (and their owners) like shit.

When I come through on Mon or Tues can I see the raur box?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    And people wonder why most record dealers are not nice to them. I have way more empathy for asshole dealers than I used to, people treat record stores (and their owners) like shit.

So true... Customers have no idea what an owner goes through. Nothing is off limits from getting jacked. JP, things will be a trip, try to be prepared... I have a million stories in my 15 years of working in and owning a record store.

Just remember tho, for ever 1 guy that will screw you over. There are 9 guys that are on the Up & Up and will be great customers.

Good luck and always have your eyes on the prize!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I have like five cameras on the front of the store. That (unfortunately) wouldn't get a guy inside.... I am still going to review tape later but for now I am just super heated.

cosign that you should invest in some surveillance.

keep your head up JP, at least it was only $100, and not $2500.

yo maybe you can get a webcam on national geographic. then mad dudes will be watching your store.

especially if there are elephants.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    That sux JP!

I guess for all of the hundreds of loyal customers you have there's bound to be some bad apples. Obviously that person knew what they were stealing, so I'm sure you could weed it down to the shady and knowledgeable looking patrons.

Don't worry, be happy...and get a camera for the inside of the shop, too!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    doh sorry man, dude has good taste though.

but that is the price of retail, something will get stolen, it's inevitable. Maybe the best bet is to keep the raer box right by the register so you have a better view.

in the end, record karma will even out. You'll find some heater for a $1........

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

dood, for a second i thought you were rocking some serious ponytail action.
    nope, doorjam.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    You should do like Princeton Record Exchange and keep the raer sleaves in that box and keep the actual records in a safer place behind the counter. When folks axe to see the thing, at least you know who's looking at it.

PS. Fuck that dude.

-e

• Thank you all for the kindness. Please keep your eyes and ears open. I appreciate it.

Mark, you're hella right - I feel terrible for the literally hundreds of folks who have been stand-up and straight ahead. It's them that lose the most. OK, so to make this productive, would you all prefer:

FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1128106724Jonny_Paycheck">

Raer Access[/b]
    fyberglass case you can look through but not take records out of
    Sleeves in the bin, vinyl behind the counter
    Raer box behind the counter, you have to ask to see it
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">