San Francisco STAND UP!!!

Comments

• Are Rosshoggin talking about the Japanese-style rent-a-private-room
    karaoke? Mostly what we got here in the mitwest is like you sing
    to the whole bar and sign up for songs with a sad sack that runs the
    machine.

Whatchall doing sunday night?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Now, has anyone found a proper karaoke spot for under $40/person?

I go to Silver Clouds for karaoke cuz my buddy lives across the street, but it is in the... gulp... Marina.

DJ Ferrari

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Loc: I know women with more restraint at a shoe sale

HAHAHAHA.... oh shit... that shits fucking funny...

i swear a lot in my speech and in my writing when im high and drinking coffee...

• Loc: I know women with more restraint at a shoe sale

HAHAHAHA.... oh shit... that shits fucking funny...

i swear a lot in my speech and in my writing when im high and drinking coffee...

For the record, Jonny Payless said that schitt about Reynaldo in that
    thread about Little Dudes Gone Wilde or whatever.

Ferrari said :
    Marina

Mentally, I am in the Marina. I don't know what that means in SF tho,
    but if they got Marina Rock such as "Thunder Island" and "Brandy" then
    I'm all over that action.

My sister was gonna take me to Amoeba records but maybe not because
    she said there's nowhere to go to the bathroom in that whole area.

• I know bathrooms in the Haight. Just make a beeline for the john in La Zona Rosa taqueria. No one will be able to stop you.

Re: Karaoke: I'm up for whatever, including The Mint (where we'll wait for a long time while my neighbors sing showtunes) or Silver Clouds.

Sunday night, I'm playing some soul gig at 1751 Social Club. Guest list for inclined Strutters.

I know bathrooms in the Haight.

you know, if i didnt like my Loc: so much id hit this one up... its pretty funny.

thanks!

• Naw you gave me a bunch mayne, remember? When you told me to play lots of Shannon at that wedding?

whenever i hear the name Shannon i think of City Nights. but it always goes through my mind like the commercial... ahhh, yall are a bunch of children and wouldnt remember that shit...

where stef and matt africa (ill call you today homie)? they would remember...

what's that young buck?

mannnnn... you were still in bumblefuck arcata when there were commercials for city nights feat cameron paul...

rookies... and i chose yall to be my groomsmen?!?! what the hell was i thinking...

ffffttt

Nah, I think around that time I was in L.A. doing my best to avoid getting bottled, detained or dropped from the UNI high school roster. Didn't know much about C.Paul then but was a fan of C.P.O.

T clubburp: Sadly for you my friend, there is not many things rock about the SF Marina...Buffet is likely too old to chill there. Additionally, rather than stone it is constructed upon Bay silt. Silver Clouds, buzzed there once but had not the nerve to croon. If we go, Jinks will U sing a duet version of N.E.'s version of "Earth Angel with me...?

If we go, Jinx will U sing a duet version of N.E.'s version of "Earth Angel with me...?

of COURSE! id be honored and feel giddy thinking about it... however you have a really good voice and i sound like poo (nostinkystinky)...

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Hi guys! I'm down with Silver Cloud, its far enough away from the main Marina urrea and its got its own lil' vibe to it. I'm always down with those private room Japantown steez though. You can bring twiddle sticks and whiskey galore in them rooms and don't nobody try to stop you.

Ross' Sunday gig is cooler than mine. I'm *gulp* opening for... *hanging head in shame* DJ Skribble at Fluid. Karaoke night is Saturday, yes yes? And if anybody needs to pee that bad at Amoeba they can come over to my place a few blocks away. I'll have some cold grape drink waiting in the fridge.

• I'll have some cold grape drink waiting in the fridge.

Great, then I'll just have to pee again.

• Mostly what we got here in the mitwest is like you sing
    to the whole bar and sign up for songs with a sad sack that runs the
    machine.

that's the style i'm feelin
    m

• 1).If ain't Private Room Karoakee I ain't fuckin' with it. THAS MUH WORD

2). I always blow-up the bathroom at Cha Cha's. I just do some "Hey I'm meeting some friends at the bar" and commence to wreck shit. Especially if I'm at Milk, what's up with not being able to take a shit their?

2). I always blow-up the bathroom at Cha Cha's. I just do some "Hey I'm meeting some friends at the bar" and commence to wreck shit. Especially if I'm at Milk, what's up with not being able to take a shit their?

These two points serve to illustrate a third, larger point:

You can't really do your thing if others are around, but in private, you shine like a crazy diamond.

These two points serve to illustrate a third, larger point:

You can't really do your thing if others are around, but in private, you shine like a crazy diamond.

Taking a shit at a club is a rarity.

• Taking a shit at a club is a rarity.

The same rarity for which Guzzo's blind date is searching?

• sergserg 682 Posts
    1).If ain't Private Room Karoakee I ain't fuckin' with it. THAS MUH WORD

you're such a pussy, man up for a crowd and become a star. Although I will say that the private room steez is nice, I tend to make a fool of myself that way. last time I killed an 18 of increasingly warm budwieser, threw up in the bathroom and blew out the mics singing rock you like a hurricane. This was all infront of stef's coworkers, most of which had just met me for the first time. I'm pretty sure everyone in that room thinks I'm a fuck up.

I'm pretty sure everyone in this forum thinks I'm a fuck up.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    it ain't nothing new man

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    are you guys serious about this $40/person karaoke thing? jesus, i don't know if my dreams of a duet with 2600 is gonna come true.

are you guys serious about this $40/person karaoke thing? jesus, i don't know if my dreams of a duet with 2600 is gonna come true.

Seriously... why doesn't everyone take that $40 they would spend to feel safe in a private place and spend it on drinks?! It'll knock the fear right out.

DJ Ferrari

• Seriously... why doesn't everyone take that $40 they would spend to feel safe in a private place and spend it on RACKORDS[/b]?!

we will sing.
    we will hold onto our $40.
    we will do this.

So what's to do between the mass garage sale in the morning and the karaoke jump off at night?

DJ Ferrari

• So what's to do between the mass garage sale in the morning and the karaoke jump off at night?

DJ Ferrari

Me? I'm gonna work on an article and get tattooed for a few hours.

As far as karaoke spots are concerned, I consulted the one SHIGGY TSUKAMOTO-SAN for advice. His reply:

price-wise, you might have to take it to karaokeland. telegraph and, um, 49th[?] in the coriyo minimall there's a place called music box. not sure of the rates. you can also check do re mi up the street from the one below dennys [i heard they closed?] or on geary by the jtown parking lot entrance there's a shitty karaoke spot right there. also, along filmore there's 2 in the safeway shopping complex on geary and filmore. one is upstairs above arirang restaurant and the other is right on filmore with a big sign that says KARAOKE or some shit.

other than that, there's a small japanese restaurant in west portal that has free karaoke but you gotta order food. its open hell of late and its usually empty. sorry, i cant remember the name of the place but they have pretty good food and chuhai [japanese equivalent to soju].

Anyone know what the deal is with any of these spots? 'Cause I sure don't.

I still say that Silver Clouds is a good backup plan. Let's scare the Marina folk (but not Ferrari's friends who I'm sure are very cool)!

I still say that Silver Clouds is a good backup plan. Let's scare the Marina folk (but not Ferrari's female[/b] friends who are very hot[/b] )!

• So what's to do between the mass garage sale in the morning and the karaoke jump off at night?

DJ Ferrari

Me? I'm gonna work on an article and get tattooed for a few hours.

As far as karaoke spots are concerned, I consulted the one SHIGGY TSUKAMOTO-SAN for advice. His reply:

price-wise, you might have to take it to karaokeland. telegraph and, um, 49th[?] in the coriyo minimall there's a place called music box. not sure of the rates. you can also check do re mi up the street from the one below dennys [i heard they closed?] or on geary by the jtown parking lot entrance there's a shitty karaoke spot right there. also, along filmore there's 2 in the safeway shopping complex on geary and filmore. one is upstairs above arirang restaurant and the other is right on filmore with a big sign that says KARAOKE or some shit.

other than that, there's a small japanese restaurant in west portal that has free karaoke but you gotta order food. its open hell of late and its usually empty. sorry, i cant remember the name of the place but they have pretty good food and chuhai [japanese equivalent to soju].

Anyone know what the deal is with any of these spots? 'Cause I sure don't.

I still say that Silver Clouds is a good backup plan. Let's scare the Marina folk (but not Ferrari's friends who I'm sure are very cool)!

i vote for karaokeland (44th and telegraph) but that's cuz it would save me a trip to the west bay. somehow, i think that won't sway anybody, though.

i can vouch for do re mi in j-town, though. private rooms, decent selections, b.y.o. and i don't remember it being anything like $40 a person.

• FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1128541705TheeeCasualMale">

I want to karaoke in a...[/b]
    Public room with lots of people watching and cheering
    Private room for Strutters only
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

• i don't remember it being anything like $40 a person.

Getting a private box is $60/hour and you can make of that what you will, depending on who rolls with the flava.

How is it that my New York ass has to weigh in on this! Fuckin hippies... can't decide on anything...

• i don't remember it being anything like $40 a person.

Getting a private box is $60/hour and you can make of that what you will, depending on who rolls with the flava.

How is it that my New York ass has to weigh in on this! Fuckin hippies... can't decide on anything...

60/hour at Do Re Mi, then. Who all is in? If we get 12 people or so, that's $5/hour each, right? 3 hours, $15 a head, and BYOB. Not bad.

• 60/hour at Do Re Mi, then. Who all is in? If we get 12 people or so, that's $5/hour each, right? 3 hours, $15 a head, and BYOB. Not bad.

I'M IN.

The one major benefit to private room karaoke is not having to wait
    long times while Strangers Who Are Not Funny Or Cute take their turns.

Let's make it the killerest karaoke in all the land of killerness.

Smiles, everyone, smiles!

• Excellent!

This is where I point out that certain flaky people should really, really not flake. If you do, then others are left having to split a large tab.

Stop being a fool.

Start being cool.

That is all.