dj shadow - funky skunk mix...

1235»

Comments

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    Got to resurrect this thread.

How do you tell a OG Funky skunk from a bootleg?[/b]

In the UK most shops sell a CD in a jewel case which is clearly a bootleg. I think you were even able to order this from Amazon for a while.
    I got a copy from somebody in the States which he claims is an original. It came in a shrink wrapped card board slip case. Graphics (color & resolution) on the cover look extremely good, not like it has been scanned and reprinted. The print on the CD is pretty good as well BUT: The CD is a blue CDR.

Any one got his copy directly from Mr. Shadow ?

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    While this thraed is still riding high:

Whats the track where the dude is like 'Its Orgasmic.... delicicious..ness ... dripping drops...' something about a warm wet nipple, too. ??

I'm not taking this shit to the-breaks.com.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Got to resurrect this thread.

How do you tell a OG Funky skunk from a bootleg?[/b]

In the UK most shops sell a CD in a jewel case which is clearly a bootleg. I think you were even able to order this from Amazon for a while.
    I got a copy from somebody in the States which he claims is an original. It came in a shrink wrapped card board slip case. Graphics (color & resolution) on the cover look extremely good, not like it has been scanned and reprinted. The print on the CD is pretty good as well BUT: The CD is a blue CDR.

Any one got his copy directly from Mr. Shadow ?
    it's a cardboard sleeve. i got the whole box set from friends at kid robot. the only things i really liked were the cd and the "grim reaper world tour" shirt.

...which is conveniently not pictured here:

but the cd is.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    There are so-called 'official' issues of this CD (only, not the box) all over the place... I have no idea how they're packaged... anyone bought one that could say for sure if it looks real?

• While this thraed is still riding high:

Whats the track where the dude is like 'Its Orgasmic.... delicicious..ness ... dripping drops...' something about a warm wet nipple, too. ??

I'm not taking this shit to the-breaks.com.

Just look earlier in this thread.

Or don't. It's "Natural Juices" by Magnum.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    There are so-called 'official' issues of this CD (only, not the box) all over the place... I have no idea how they're packaged... anyone bought one that could say for sure if it looks real?

I got a copy from hiphopsite.com, and they seem to work closely with Josh as far as not selling boots of his stuff. The mix came in a jewel case with one of those one piece square booklet insert. Maybe just the ones that were sold with the box set were in a cardboard sleeve?

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Maybe just the ones that were sold with the box set were in a cardboard sleeve?

I bought the boxset, which comes with the cardboard version. Almost every other version is the jewel case, but some were produced by djshadow.com and are not all boots.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    can someone re-up this?

curious george

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I bought the boxset, which comes with the cardboard version. Almost every other version is the jewel case, but some were produced by djshadow.com and are not all boots.

The website has never offered this mix on its own though...

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

The website has never offered this mix on its own though...

You could buy it with one of the shirts for $35...

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    can someone re-up this?

curious george

one of the best mixes EVER. HANDS DOWN. PERIOD, SERIOUS. enjoy

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WVZUB8RVAZ3E11ZTI1OOFPP0M

• can someone re-up this?

curious george

You are the man for doing this. Now I just gotta hope it's still there after 5 cos my lame work now has WebSense filtering yousendit.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    can someone re-up this?

curious george

thank you mandrew! you rule

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    S>one of the best mixes EVER. HANDS DOWN. PERIOD,
    /S>

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts

Strongly disagree.
    The Hip Hop selection in the first half is not my cup of tea at all.
    Does this stuff have a lot of fans on Soul Strut ?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Thanks for this. Nice to finally hear it after all the talk - hugely entertaining stuff.

• hey,
    been enjoying this, it's on bittorrent if anyone is still looking for it. Just wondering what the track that comes in at about 20:00 is (not the beat, but the super-fast female vocal). cheers...